Sign in to follow this  
SniperwolfMR

Nothing interesting.

I'm beginning to notice how monotonous this forum is becoming. Anyone else think the Day-Z community is running out of things to talk about?

When was the last time a significant update has happened? We kind of got persistence...I think? The whole temperature thing worked for a few days...right? 

The last "big one" I remember was the ability to make a camp fire and cook meat. Christ, seems like a lifetime ago. 

We spawn, we know what buildings to find specific items, we get them, we shoot at each other, we die. 

I know platoon "ALPHER" is assembling for formation...but I mean...come on. WTF is going on with this game?! 

Every time an update happens the devs act like we should be honored to experience such hard work and dedication. 

Yet every time I download an update and play for a few days I can't help but think... "so what?" 

Then you begin to realize that you have to wait another MONTH or so for something else to happen. "Come back when its DONEEE!!!!" they say. The progress of this game is mind numbing. When in the world is the final version of this supposed to drop? Can you even fathom this? 

Edited by SniperwolfMR
  • Like 1

I'm beginning to notice how monotonous this forum is becoming. Anyone else think the Day-Z community is running out of things to talk about?

When was the last time a significant update has happened? We kind of got persistence...I think? The whole temperature thing worked for a few days...right? 

The last "big one" I remember was the ability to make a camp fire and cook meat. Christ, seems like a lifetime ago. 

We spawn, we know what buildings to find specific items, we get them, we shoot at each other, we die. 

I know platoon "ALPHER" is assembling for formation...but I mean...come on. WTF is going on with this game?! 

Every time an update happens the devs act like we should be honored to experience such hard work and dedication. 

Yet every time I download an update and play for a few days I can't help but think... "so what?" 

Then you begin to realize that you have to wait another MONTH or so for something else to happen. "Come back when its DONEEE!!!!" they say. The progress of this game is mind numbing. When in the world is the final version of this supposed to drop? Can you even fathom this? 

I think they should lock it down for several point releases. Maybe release every .05 Just my two cents

When do the devs act like we should be honored by the work in there patch? i find there more intent on watching our comments and collecting there in game data to see how there patch is running, i have certainly not seen any bow before our new amazing patch type reactions from devs ( a few remember its alpher moments ).

Strange i think the game has come leaps and bounds in the last couple of patches, the survival feel ( although far from complete) has certainly raised its head.

It really seems a case of you pulled the trigger on buying Dayz to soon they warned it was going to be a long alpha , Hicks even said that usual development time was 3 years and they were going to try and shave 6 months of that . So the finish line is still quite a ways off. But meh there is plenty to still keep me interested but each to there own i guess.

Edited by SoulFirez
  • Like 3

I agree and I don't. I personally have suggested some new items and features recently, and instead of getting actual feedback I get people who say stuff like "who cares", "no", and "wait till beta". It seems like the community is beginning to give up. This game has great potential, and also believe me I know that it takes a long time to develop a game, but they need to pick up the pace a little bit. hire some extra workers or something.

• Like 2

Yep, sometimes I just walk away and play something else for a while, sometimes a month.  Stay off the forums and what for updates on Steam then start all over again.  All is fresh, good to go...

• Like 1

Try and be patient, or make the switch to the mod. The mod has many features that haven't made it to the standalone yet. I wish game development was faster too. But it's like reading a book while it's being written.

• Like 1

He will have the same issue with mod. Bottom line people move on, no one plays a game forever.... and btw on topic of development, while the whole kickstart-ish method get the results I want, as far as those who opt in early IMHO its one of the most exploitative measures ever devised.

I know platoon "ALPHER" is assembling for formation

That's the part that stops all conversation on here about anything in the game.

easy, get a friend and have fun . the most of the players you will find are 15 years old kids with guns on their hands, and you want them to do interesting stuff? . simply as this , you will not get an update for complaining on the forum , enjoy the game how is it now or just go work and get the 30 bucks you lost for buying this bored no progress dumb numb game ok bra?

I agree and I don't. I personally have suggested some new items and features recently, and instead of getting actual feedback I get people who say stuff like "who cares", "no", and "wait till beta". It seems like the community is beginning to give up. This game has great potential, and also believe me I know that it takes a long time to develop a game, but they need to pick up the pace a little bit. hire some extra workers or something.

In all honesty, I would rather them take longer and release stuff that isn't going to be game breaking when it goes wrong than have them rush it and cause more and bigger problems and we're left with nothing while they try to fix it.

• Like 1

Here's a pic of me taking a tactical dump today. No need to add pooping to the game, I can RP it in np.

2mrs36d.jpg

• Like 5

Poor boy, let me put you out of your unimaginative misery.

Don't bother trying to make another troll account, all put their neck into the snare.

• Like 2