Where the F#%@ am I?

Where the F#%@ am I?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. How do you navigate?

• I print a map out.
    • I look at a map on another device.
    • I use an in-game map.
    • I use the clouds, sun, and coast.
    • Navigate? I know where I'm at by memory.
    • I use a compass.

I have a few poll questions I'm going to be asking from now until Sunday, and this is the first!

The poll is multiple choice so you can add a compass to your scenario if you'd like. Enjoy learning

More about your fellow survivors!

EDIT****

I have added an in-game map option.

Edited by StarLord
  • Like 1

No option for wetting your finger and feeling the wind?

• Like 1

No option for ingame map?

No option for road signs?

I knew I was forgetting something. In-game map added! No sir, if you're using road signs it's by memory or by map.

• Like 1

I use none of the above options...I simply know the map after playing dayz since the mod

edit oh yea I see u have a navigate by memory thing...yes i navigate by memory...sorry om drunk, so yea know th map

Edited by svisketyggeren
  • Like 2

I use none of the above options...I simply know the map after playing dayz since the mod

edit oh yea I see u have a navigate by memory thing...yes i navigate by memory...sorry om drunk, so yea know th map

I was gonna say! Lol

• Like 1

I Alt-Tab out of the game then use this map.

Make sure no one is around or have a mate cover you while you're in cover and crouching/proning before you tab out though.

I just print out a map on 11x17 paper. We have a plotter at work. Maybe I'll print a 30"x46" map ha

The first time I played this game I was spawned up north and got lost up there with no towns, or anyway to kill myself... It was hell. This game defiantly needs a more friendly start off way to navigate, like "hey this part of the map isn't finished, maybe put a *********** sign up" 

I know the map by memory, but I mostly just walk around aimlessly. I have the most fun when I get turned around and lose my bearings momentarily.

• Like 2

I wish i needed some method of navigation other than memory.. But sadly having played on this map for quite a few years i know it all to well. Sure there are new towns so a few small surprises but in general it has actually made it easier to navigate with no aid as up north was really the only place to get lost in the wilderness and now a town a road is never really to far away.

So basicly there may be 2 minute patches where i am not totally sure were i am pick almost any direction run for a minute or 2 bang a road a town and soon i know exactly where i am . I miss the fear of getting lost lol ...

It's so interesting to me how the real majority of players are familiar from the mod. I never played the mod.

I use the Steam in-game browser and look at a map + use a compass if I'm going to somewhere specifically. Most of the time I just run around the wilderness in the vicinity of NWAF and barter with people going to and from.

Started learning the map from the mod. Learned most of it off by heart on wasteland.

I miss those first experiences, running around finding a road, following it hoping to find some sign of civilization all the while freaking out about the bandits in the trees, then the sun started setting. Don't think I'll have that experience again.

• Like 1

Tbh after so long, it is so damn refreshing to get lost!!

If I could, I would willingly erease my memories of DayZ mod, so that I could explore Chernarus once again and have a BLAST.

Edited by Hombre
  • Like 2

Alt+Tab into steam overlay...Open web browser... type in dayzdb... open first link =WIN

I also usually know where I spawn and can recognise the landscape frm playing since the mod... you get used to it

Learned it all by playing the mod but mostly by playing Wasteland.

Like others, I miss the first time experience. I miss spending a good hour running through the wilderness somehow bypassing every town and then stumbling upon a street sign and trying to figure out where I was on a map. Nowadays I only have to look at the trees around me to know where I am; it's pretty sad :( I'm really looking forward to when they/the community release new maps for the game so I can get that new feeling. 

I use a compass with a printed map (yes, I have a compass and can read maps).

Ticked all options apart from N° 2.