CANUCKinNZ

Hug a Logger?

I don't think I've seen too much talk of falling trees by the devs or us testers. So right now you chop them down and half the time they fall into the ground and on steep hills I've even seen them disappear. So here's a couple questions for you all.

1. Do you think one day they will kill you if you're under them and if so should they? Oh imagine chopping a tree to the last chop and then dropping it on some snipers head!

2. Will they become persistent to the point that a private shard is logged of all the trees?

3. Since they're bringing in gardening how about planting trees. I see it as useful if you want to hide your base or tent or block line of sight. Of course maybe it takes like 2 weeks to grow. (Not real if course but it's still a game.)

4. One day do we think that tree forts or bases will be implemented? (Wookie wars!)

Anyone else have any tree ideas or requests?

• Like 2

I'd like it if you had to actually swing at the tree, you could see the missing chunks in the trunk, and when the tree fell, it had its own physics, such as crushing and resting on a soft body or rolling down a hill into a camp of hoarders' tents.

• Like 1

such as crushing and resting on a soft body or rolling down a hill into a camp of hoarders' tents.

Calm down Satan.

Yeah, I also thought he wanted to hug a combat logger. Well, not that we shouldn't hug them for being so nice and giving us their loot.

Calm down Satan.

Oh man, this had me rolling. Nettles is... "special" :)

• Like 1

Oh imagine chopping a tree to the last chop and then dropping it on some snipers head!

If trees in DayZ are going to be realistic at all, then you shouldn't able to cut a tree down in the time you'd need to make it fall on a sniper :P

I hope that one day they add a sort of ragdoll effect to the trees when you cut them down. About growing them, I'd like that as long as it took a while, since they're trees

If trees in DayZ are going to be realistic at all, then you shouldn't able to cut a tree down in the time you'd need to make it fall on a sniper :P

But what if the sniper is listening to loud music on his soviet era mp3 player so he wont hear the chopping...

I would love to be able to grow trees but it should defly take a while Maybe just a bit longer than two weeks and they should be hard to acquire seeds for the fast growing trees only because I could see a group of people over growing areas of certain servers :0 .. But there will definitely be more love to the tree animations and physics because after all dayz devs are all about animation detail .. I would like to see a tree felling system like The Forest , you just equip an axe and chop away until it falls , but id expect there to be better physics applied to the tree in dayz because the fallen trees in the forest roll away at like 25 miles per hour lol !

One last thing : tree forts for the win ! I would love making a fire up in a tree cabin elevated twenty feet above the ground !

• Like 1

I want to be able to cut down a tree and have it fall on top of someone who's shooting at me, lol...

I want to be able to cut down a tree and have it fall on top of someone who's shooting at me, lol...

Or on you. 

Yeah I think if you cut a tree and it lands on someone then it should cause damage, break a limb at least.

They should have some sort of physics, rolling down a hill or what ever, they should also make a noise, like wood splitting as it's falling, then a thud as it lands with some cracking branches and such.

Planting trees could be an idea but I think planting berry bushes would be nice, so I guess they should allow us to plant apple trees as well.

Edit: misleading title, I thought this was about combat loggers, hugging or killing them.

Edited by RagedDrew

Haha, I can see how it's a misleading title....or is it? I mean, I'm yellin' timmbberrr! Come on. You're all too focused on PVP! Lol.

How about a few giant trees around that are hollowed out that you can barricade or stash some gear in. That would be cool.

Edited by CANUCKinNZ

I would like to climb up trees to get vantage points and snipe ppl from them.

good idea! crafting a tree blind for hunting B)

• Like 1

Trees regrowing in 2 weeks? how is this not immersion breaking?

Okay see you in 6 years for our tree fort battle. Really? It's still a game!