Sign in to follow this  
StarLord (DayZ)

Protective Cases

So in my ventures last night I ran into something really weird. I came across an area that had backpacks everywhere,

and I mean everywhere. All colors and types. Outside of every door to the barracks north of Veresnik there were improvised

backpacks, all had small loot in them. It wasn't until I got upstairs in the jail that I found the mother Teresa of backpacks.

It had four protective cases in it, each slammed full of ammo, binoculars, medical supplies, and attachments.

I had just been there a couple of hours earlier, so I was under the impression it was kind of a setup? Needless to say I looted

and darted towards the NWAF (which is where you can read of my demise in the topic titled "Come on, Man").

So anyway I got to thinking, I have NEVER seen a protective case until then, or binoculars, in almost 45 hours of playing.

Where are you finding these?

Binocs in police stations - if you get there first.

Protective cases in civilian buildings like cafes/pubs and some barns. But they are rocking-horse shit. (and a bit unnecessary now that we can exploit clothing space).

Protective cases -> Fire stations, civillian buildings, cafe and pubs.

Binoculars - Military loot area / barracks / tent , police stations and industrial loot area.

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Small_Protector_Case

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Binoculars

The backpack upstairs: Possibly put by a player there, backpacks don't spawn with loot.

• Like 1

The protective cases are most commonly found in fire stations.  I've found a handful in the red brick taverns. Some also spawn in the large factory building that looks like a piano house.

Edited by nettles

So in my ventures last night I ran into something really weird. I came across an area that had backpacks everywhere,

and I mean everywhere. All colors and types. Outside of every door to the barracks north of Veresnik there were improvised

backpacks, all had small loot in them. It wasn't until I got upstairs in the jail that I found the mother Teresa of backpacks.

It had four protective cases in it, each slammed full of ammo, binoculars, medical supplies, and attachments.

I had just been there a couple of hours earlier, so I was under the impression it was kind of a setup? Needless to say I looted

and darted towards the NWAF (which is where you can read of my demise in the topic titled "Come on, Man").

So anyway I got to thinking, I have NEVER seen a protective case until then, or binoculars, in almost 45 hours of playing.

Sounds like you ran into the aftermath of an epic gun battle... was prob a trap that was already sprung and turned into a death fest.

Edited by Cptn_Miller
  • Like 1

Several times on experimental I've ran into buildings finding around 2 dozen empty med kits, I was in Novo tower earlier and found around 15 different rifles too. 

In one of the newer garage buildings the same seemed true for hard hats and flares.

Absolutely crazy.

Sounds like you ran into the aftermath of an epic gun battle... was prob a trap that was already sprung and turned into a death fest.

sounds more like an epic duping sesh to me..

sounds more like an epic duping sesh to me..

Duping is no longer possible if I'm not mistaken.

Was this Experimental? I Ask Cause I Found Loot Like this Alot on Experimental When i Played Barely a Space without Improv or taloon Backpacks With only a Few items in them

Please do not post techniques to exploit publicly.

Several times on experimental I've ran into buildings finding around 2 dozen empty med kits, I was in Novo tower earlier and found around 15 different rifles too. 

In one of the newer garage buildings the same seemed true for hard hats and flares.

Absolutely crazy.

There does seem to be some bug about medikit spawning in current exp. They are everywhere, and always in great heaps.

Was this Experimental? I Ask Cause I Found Loot Like this Alot on Experimental When i Played Barely a Space without Improv or taloon Backpacks With only a Few items in them

Nope

Was this on 0.50 Experimental by any chance???

Duping is no longer possible if I'm not mistaken.

found a way to dupe a item a few days ago so it is still possible.  :(

which reminds me to report it.

I'm not really sure what it was? I wish I had  taken a screen shot. From now on when something weird happens that I need to post about I'll be sure to screenshot or just not post about it.

I was really convinced at the time that it was a trap. May have been a dupe? I only say that because there were 3 or 4 Pilotka's on one bunk.

I've noticed on some servers there seems to be a lot more loot than normally, but in lower quality and yield. In a hangar I found eight pair of boots. All damaged or badly damaged. In the prison theres tons of crap heaped on top of eachother but nothing you want, no guns or valuable items. Very strange. It could ofcourse be someone running around gathering up everything valuable and throwing out the trash but it seems like legit loot but more and crappier.