Sign in to follow this  
aquamonkey

Where can I find a press vest these days?

I found one behind a train station shortly after the 0.49 update.  Was pretty random.  Also found an anti-stab vest on a police car yesterday.  Are they supposed to be better than the UK assault vest or high capacity vest in any way?  They have fewer pockets, which is kind of annoying...

• Like 1

I found one behind a train station shortly after the 0.49 update.  Was pretty random.  Also found an anti-stab vest on a police car yesterday.  Are they supposed to be better than the UK assault vest or high capacity vest in any way?  They have fewer pockets, which is kind of annoying...

AFAIK, They're the only vest that provides protection.

WRONG, they provide less protection than a T-Shirt see WOOBOs vids for proof. Anti Stab vest is horrible

You're confusing it with a antistab vest ryanh. Also HCvests seem to provide me with protection.

You're confusing it with a antistab vest ryanh. Also HCvests seem to provide me with protection.

No I'm really not, this guy i was replying too was talking about the Anti Stab Vest which is what i was talking about as well.

WRONG, they provide less protection than a T-Shirt see WOOBOs vids for proof. Anti Stab vest is horrible

YEAH, I'll run off my MULTIPLE times that It's save my ass, VS 1 or 2 that someone else did. Being alpha, things are bound to be buggy.

Tactical vests offer protection. They stop bullets up to a point.

Which don't spawn anymore, as of February of 2014. xD

OP: why do you ask? Will you be doing some wasteland reporting soon? Can I be on TV??? :p

Which don't spawn anymore, as of February of 2014. xD

What! They spawn all over the place. What the hell are you smoking?

What! They spawn all over the place. What the hell are you smoking?

I've never see it added back in. It had major clipping issues.

UK Assault Vest, Camo and Black. High Capacity Assault Vest ,etc.

Found mainly in barracks and military Jails (Camo buildings) , fire houses and other places.

Edited by Schweinsteiger

"Designed to provide media representatives with distinctive and comprehensive protection. Ideal for extended use in higher risk environments. Utility and mobile phone pockets included."

Not seen one in a while, but I found whilst wearing a Press Vest in the past that it did offer protection.

OP: why do you ask? Will you be doing some wasteland reporting soon? Can I be on TV??? :P

Haha I appreciate the comedy :)

• Like 1

UK Assault Vest, Camo and Black. High Capacity Assault Vest ,etc.

Found mainly in barracks and military Jails (Camo buildings) , fire houses and other places.

Ah yes but you said tactical vest and there was a tactical vest which as that guy pointed out was removed from the spawn early in the year(shame it was a good protective/storage vest but suffered some clipping issues.(edit i think it had something to do with being an asset from arma 3 and as they have different models/skeletons it never fit quite right.)

Edited by SoulFirez
  • Like 1

Only place ive found them are inside the train stations and on the wrecked ship.

Ah yes but you said tactical vest and there was a tactical vest which as that guy pointed out was removed from the spawn early in the year(shame it was a good protective/storage vest but suffered some clipping issues.(edit i think it had something to do with being an asset from arma 3 and as they have different models/skeletons it never fit quite right.)

Yes, I did say that.

But they are the same thing. A "tactical" vest hold mags/ammo. An Assault vest holds mags/ammo.

Does anyone have an in-game picture of the "tactical vest" from earlier this year so we can compare the two? It seems like a simple name change has occurred.

Yes, I did say that.

But they are the same thing. A "tactical" vest hold mags/ammo. An Assault vest holds mags/ammo.

Does anyone have an in-game picture of the "tactical vest" from earlier this year so we can compare the two? It seems like a simple name change has occurred.

b9ce14bb59fb1f55ffff8fb4dfc0cbfe.png

Nope not a name change as i already stated it was its own item and i believe taken from arma 3 (as it seems identical to the tactical vest from arma 3)and it was removed due to clipping issues (including partially blocking view when in prone position)

b9ce14bb59fb1f55ffff8fb4dfc0cbfe.png

Nope not a name change as i already stated it was its own item and i believe taken from arma 3 (as it seems identical to the tactical vest from arma 3)and it was removed due to clipping issues (including partially blocking view when in prone position)

Yes, looks like a name change to me. 

It looks like an assault vest, i.e., a "tactical vest". Compare it with what's in game at the moment and let's look at the differences.

As far as I can tell the vests in the game at the moment serve the same exact purpose, hence the removal of the "Tactical Vest". They also look exactly the same so your point seems mute.

Yes, looks like a name change to me. 

It looks like an assault vest, i.e., a "tactical vest". Compare it with what's in game at the moment and let's look at the differences.

As far as I can tell the vests in the game at the moment serve the same exact purpose, hence the removal of the "Tactical Vest". They also look exactly the same so your point seems mute.

Hmmm by moot which definition do you mean ?? is it that its open for debate?? if so no because thats a tactical vest as was seen in the game earlier this year. It has a different model (which if you were observant you could easily see the difference in the model ) it also had a different amount of storage to the the assault vest which was also present at the same time.

If we were to follow your brilliant lines of deduction there would be no reason to call any pants in game anything other than just pants regardless of if the model is different or carries more or less storage as they serve the same basic function ( or guns for that matter)

If by moot you meant having no practical relevance? then why did you ask to see the difference between them ?? But i can say your input to the thread is definately moot( and in this case either definitions would be correct ).