svisketyggeren

To easy to find food/drink?

To easy to find food/water?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. to easy to find food/drink?

• no
    • yes

Just wondering what the community feel about this as it is a gameplay element that is pretty much up to the community to decide. Im wondering about the general trend we have had in the stable build up until now...generally there has been very little issue with finding food/water if u ask me. Do u want the game to be like this when its done?

Played experimental 2 days ago and it was one of those builds where food/water was very scarce for some reason...bugged probaly. And I must say the game changes alot when that happends...suddenly its not "hey im hungry, where is the nearest house so I can grab a couple cans of beans...I might even go sweet peaches exclusively cos there is food getting stuffed in my face everywhere I go"...

Suddenly I actually have to go to town, check every house, even the tall buildings...every room...to survive. And I like that.

For me it has been a consistent annoying issue that food/drink is to easy to find. I dont need to go hunting, dont need a fishing pole...dont need to kill u for food, or team up with u to find food. U get my point.

Edited by svisketyggeren

Not really. There are times where I run around desperately looking for food because I'm "dying of starvation".

Water also isn't cake to find outside of the wells. I think maybe a happy medium would be make the majority

of the fruits and vegtables you find scattered rotten or on the verge of being rotten.

It should be hard, yes....you should work hard to survive, yes...it should take hours of game-play and experience to know where to find food, YES...but server hopping and online maps shouldn't be a "short cut"... Less cans of food and more living off the land is what we need...more hand crafted weapons and less guns and ammo. 

Edited by Cpanther
  • Like 1

I love the gameplay in Exp right now. I've actually died due to starvation, which only happened to me once before, back when SA was released. I actually freaked out (With joy and anger and emotions raging) when I had died due to the lack of "Sweet peaches to decide from". I ranted on and on like a moron to my friends that play DayZ with me xD So yeah, I like the challenge.

• Like 2

On stable - yes, too easy. On experimental - though I haven't played it yet, I heard much about it - no, difficult enough to get food, maybe even too hard. 

Definitely - in cities you don't even have to search residential homes as the buildings with a chance to spawn firearms also spawn tons of food. Another factor is animals simply not running away so hunting is childs play as well.

• Like 1

I've never even come close to starving on stable servers. At most I'll get hungry because I just forget to eat or pick up food.

Definitely - in cities you don't even have to search residential homes as the buildings with a chance to spawn firearms also spawn tons of food. Another factor is animals simply not running away so hunting is childs play as well.

Agreed.

On non persistent yeah far too easy.

On persistent a little harder, sometimes impossible.

As a new spawn on a persistent server, it is a real bear trying to get food initially. Once you are established, it isn't really very tough to stay fed. I've been to several servers where it took me almost to the point of dying before I found a single food item after newly spawning.

I love the gameplay in Exp right now. I've actually died due to starvation, which only happened to me once before, back when SA was released. I actually freaked out (With joy and anger and emotions raging) when I had died due to the lack of "Sweet peaches to decide from". I ranted on and on like a moron to my friends that play DayZ with me xD So yeah, I like the challenge.

i-know-that-feel-bro_23472955_orig_.png

• Like 1

On persistent servers I really had hard times finding something to eat, not to mention I wasn't the only guy on the server. My first 2 hours were "I'm freezing" "My stomach grumbled violently" "I'm starving". Fuck I loved that, telling myself "Now the little quick PvP bitches are going to have a hard time doing their usual things". At last I felt like "Dude, you gotta move your stinky ass if you wanna survive". Keep it that way. Don't listen to the little whining pussies asking for more guns and more food, it's going to ruin the game. Anyway if you do things by the numbers, not looking for the fu***** Gatling gun right when you spawn, you really have to be a dick to die. Damn I love this game the way it is, maybe still too easy to survive but we have a lot of time to fine tune these.

Edited by MaxTheSurvivor

It's not that it's too easy that bothers me, it's too unrealistic, I'd like to be able to walk into a house, open a cupboard and find 2 cans of tuna and a can of peaches stacked neatly inside, with rotten fruit in a fruit bowl etc, as a tradeoff, the next few houses will have been cleared [during the outbreak or whatever] out and yield no food. Coupled with the hopefully wip food spawning system, there's no hunting involved in getting it from animals, they spawn in the same place and stand still.

• Like 1

It really depends on your luck, I have died many times from simply not finding any clothes and food in the start of the game. I've lost faith in the berry bushes as I have tested seaching 10 times on each bush and maybe found one berry every 15min or so..I guess once you are "geared up" that this becomes less of an issue as you can kill animals and eat those.

I must say that I LIKE the challenge and I wish that food and clothing stays as rare as they are.. :D

Edited by kimmaz

I stopped 'looting' months ago, I now lurk in the woodlands between the NEAF and Novo picking off stragglers who have already done my looting for me, all i need to replenish my supplies is players with zero spacial awareness and so far there has been no shortage of kindly donors to the Macdeth survival fund.