GriefSlicer (DayZ)

The new running animation, Why?

if the running animation was completely fine why replace it with an animation that looks like it was clearly made by a fat guy running. 

What is your opinion on this new running animation? I am certainly disappointed in their poor choice to change over the animation to something like this. 

• Like 4

if the running animation was completely fine why replace it with an animation that looks like it was clearly made by a fat guy running. 

fat guys don't run.  take it from a fat guy.

• Like 14

Think about how much gear you're lugging around on the verge of exhaustion. Of course you'd run like a big fatty

I love the new running animation. It looks way better than the old one.

I guess some people just don't like change.

• Like 2

I quite like it, I'll have a go on a 3rdp server and take a look, just to check it's not a game breaker !

+ wot gibonez said.

I have no idea why they changed it, the old one looked great.

For me its definitely worse, but maybe there is a reason why it was changed?

• Like 2

The new one looks really awkward.. he leans way too far forward and the way you move your arms seems a bit... special...

• Like 4

The new animation explains how most people don't know how to run so this is a default run animation for regular dudes lol

Anyone that has a video of said animation?

Edited by Sinkatze
  • Like 1

*snip*

i really dont see that much of a difference.

However, i still hope that someday they will fix the thing where you completely stop when changing a weapon while in raised arms position

Edited by robophant
  • Like 2

Is a tired looking run.. i bet you when weight starts to affect your stamina..that animation will progressively get more and more exaggerated, to eventually you stop in your knees.. or collapse in the floor in exhaustion.

New running animation does indeed look like a granny is running...but is easly solved by manning up and playing 1st person only...

...or enjoy being a granny in 3rd person bwhaha!

Edited by svisketyggeren

I have no idea why they changed it, the old one looked great.

For me its definitely worse, but maybe there is a reason why it was changed?

Probably for immersion.. after all we are "civilians", probably already tired when you freshspawn....have you tried running when you already exhausted ? Is not a nice experience, and you will look very silly.

The new one (on 3rd person) reminded me a bit of what makes the H1Z1 animations look silly. There's an apish aura about it, without being able to quite put the finger on what actual makes it appear like that.

• Like 5

To be honest I would be fine with the animation if he didn't lean so far forward as it looks like he has a bad back and the only way to fight the pain is to lean forward. Also his arms sway way to much backwards and also swing out too wide. I don't know if the animations are being done manually or they are being done with those special suits, but if they are being done with the suits, please just get someone that can actually run. I would actually expect a zombie to run like that instead of an actual human being, because the way he runs is just not natural and I hate it. 

• Like 1

The new animation explains how most people don't know how to run so this is a default run animation for regular dudes lol

New animation looks fine to me, when fully geared the animation suits the situation quite well.

Looks better than the old one IMO. The old one looked too much like a olympic sprinter for me.

Am I the only one thinking that the characters forearms look way to big/long?

It might just be the camera angle but I was thinking that it looked like he could tie his shoelaces while standing up straight

Am I the only one thinking that the characters forearms look way to big/long?

I think that is the part that reminds me of H1Z1 (shutter) animations.