Jex

Non Firearms you would like to see in game

Well, since this is supposed to be Russia, I'd say the famous Russian spring-loaded ballistic knife would be a good addition.

I dont think melee designs from other countries including the USA would be to out of question though as long as they can function believably within the environment. I could see allot of Native American designed melee functioning just as well within Russia. Fashioned bone/metal tomahawks, stone maces, etc.

Spears are a given on this one really as well as bone knifes.

Edited by Deathlove

il_570xN.424293479_a8en.jpg

yhst-8266589772317_2218_59584873__55047.

This is a buffalo jawbone  mace and tomahawk but we could fashion something similar out of the cows that wander the areas.

l-and-xl-deer-antler-knife-400x133.jpg

Deer Horn knife

Edited by Deathlove

coyote__94958.1409302877.1280.1280.jpg?c

Deer Horn knife

i can assure you that none of that knife is part of a deer, deer dont have canines in the front of their jaw, and most 'deer horn knives' are knives with deer antlers as grips.

I dont think melee designs from other countries including the USA would be to out of question though as long as they can function believably within the environment. I could see allot of Native American designed melee functioning just as well within Russia. Fashioned bone/metal tomahawks, stone maces, etc.

Spears are a given on this one really as well as bone knifes.

Well, I just meant it wouldn't surprise me to find one, seeing as they'r Russian that's all.  But yeah, I agree.  Tomahawks n stuff owuld be sweet.

i can assure you that none of that knife is part of a deer, deer dont have canines in the front of their jaw, and most 'deer horn knives' are knives with deer antlers as grips.

Well even if its not i think we should be able to use various parts of the animals to craft items like you say. And yeah i kind of had feeling it was but this is what the picture was listed as lol.

I will try to find a better picture lol

Edited by Deathlove
  • Like 1

This would be interesting but we would need to be able to dual wield which would probably come under advanced melee fighting.

two_piece_chakram_apart.jpg?resize=400%2

Chakram throwing weapon

chakram.jpg?resize=550%2C412

Knifes and axes throwable as ballistic weapons, not using the girlie throw thing in the game. Also a proper spear, maybe craftable from a stick and a knife.

i'd like to see improvised shivs. you really can make one out of almost anything.

• Like 1

Knifes and axes throwable as ballistic weapons, not using the girlie throw thing in the game. Also a proper spear, maybe craftable from a stick and a knife.

Girly throwing thing? A chakram or a boomerang made out of the right material could fuck up some one easy in the hands of a skilled person. Not sure what kind of girly throwing thing your referring to. Maybe a cheerleader baton? lol

Trained army of killer ants. I want to be eaten alive during the usual 10 minutes of logging into a game after hopping

Edited by Jonah_Hobbes

Non firearms huh?

VZOR 52 light mortar

5416390442_459047de79_z.jpg

OKC-3S bayonet

ON6504.jpg

Multishot taser

taser-x3-the-newest-tasers.jpg

Yup I was going to say the taser make it very short range but knocks Zeds and players down fast.

I don't know if it was mentioned but a real flare gun you can shoot in the air and hangs like a real one. It can give your location to friends and enemies alike.

Knuckle dusters

stabbing swords

slashing swords

polearms

blowdarts

caltrops (yes!!!!!)

acid in spraybottles

improvised shanks

broken glass bottles

chemical grenades

improvised catapults

improvised ballistae

improvised trebuchets

repeating crossbows

wrist crossbows

icepicks

improvised clubs

improvised maces

morning stars

flails

wire garrote

chloroform on rags

lances (for horseback)

twin edged battle axes

two-handed swords

pneumatic guns (lewis & clark had one, 8000 psi, would kill a buffalo)

spike traps

plastic bags (for asphyxiation)

First they need to add an animation for zombie decapitation. Then they can add Swords and Garrote wire. Maces would be nice too, maybe improvised ones like a sledgehammer or aluminium baseball bat with welded spikes or something.

Girly throwing thing? A chakram or a boomerang made out of the right material could fuck up some one easy in the hands of a skilled person. Not sure what kind of girly throwing thing your referring to. Maybe a cheerleader baton? lol

I was referring to the throw action in the game Dayz standalone alpha.

A sling. Like a david and goliath type deal. 

onda-david.jpg

I made one myself a while back out of duct tape and clothing line. I was honestly amazed out how fast one of these thins can send a golf ball sized rock, even from my terrible form. 

Ammo for one of these would be everywhere (rocks) and could kill small game, knock zombies down, knock players out or cause significant injuries. 

• Like 1

I was referring to the throw action in the game Dayz standalone alpha.

Ah ok that makes more sense.

Yeah its rather god awful right now.

Sling

Spear

Actual shaped flatbow, not this "string attached to bendy stick" nonsense.

Halberd.

I already gave a visual listing for a few actual Russian types up top.

Folding utility knives to be used for utility tasks like cleaning and skinning animals and opening beans with less spillage, yet fold to take up only one slot. Maybe require a knife or edge of some sort when crafting with rope and such. Actual sharpening stones to take worn knives, or even damaged knives to pristine. The knife is almost essential to true survival, I would like to see it's importance enhanced in the game.

• Like 2

Folding utility knives to be used for utility tasks like cleaning and skinning animals and opening beans with less spillage, yet fold to take up only one slot. Maybe require a knife or edge of some sort when crafting with rope and such. Actual sharpening stones to take worn knives, or even damaged knives to pristine. The knife is almost essential to true survival, I would like to see it's importance enhanced in the game.

Theres the listing of a hunting knife in the .49 patch but ill be damned if i have found it yet. >.>

Theres the listing of a hunting knife in the .49 patch but ill be damned if i have found it yet. >.>

Couldn't tell you, but I have found a couple PRISTINE kitchen knives for once. Finally harvesting over 80% meat now.