Jex

Non Firearms you would like to see in game

With more and more gunpowder weapons coming out for dayz, I'd prefer to see a lot more in the way more primitive weapons that we could make ourselves and here are a few ideas - add your own :)

Spear - Knife or piece of flint + stick

Arrows - (Stick + Knife) or (Stick + Flint for more damage) + feathers

Atlatl - Use it with your spear for more damage when throwing

Sling Bow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6LxKfpAPYA#t=66

that get's the ball rolling :)

• Like 2

Hello there

Some kind of sling shot would be nice. Both improvised and manufactured.

Also any choppy stabby things you can make from any scraps/metal/glass etc would also make me a happy camper.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

Steel/lead pipes, brass knuckles (though I hear they're working on those), molotov cocktails (technically a FIREarm I suppose xD), police batons, and baseball bats with nails through 'em!

• Like 1

I can see it now...

rVCMmQd.jpg?1

• Like 4

Samurai Sword (i'm sure there are some enthusiasts over in Eastern Europe - possible rare drop)

Bear Traps (more common drop but a legbreaker for sure)

Some kind of wire (for choking people (if you get close enough to them) as you'd use what you can find as a weapon)

~~~~

Not sure about the throwing weapons, maybe once they sort out the throwing mechanism (knocked myself out by throwing an axe twice)

Edited by .#KimoSabbi
  • Like 1

Id like to see improvised traps added to the game ,even nice simple ones as a shallow punjii trap (ya know shallow hole using shovel ,spikes in it easily used from the sharpened sticks we can do now with the sack covering it with grass on it similiar to making the grass wrap for the mosin. I know ground deformation is not currently possible but this could still be simulated in a reasonable fashion just with a surface texture overlaying the ground.

Wire trap , ya know just a nice piece of thin wire strung between 2 trees or similar at about neck height, with the amount of guys i see running flat out this would be an effective method for dropping people.

Various snares for trapping people and animals , things along these sort of lines something that could be used as added security for upcoming barricading and camping in the woods( eg trap around your tent)

• Like 1

Totally cliched when it comes to zombie games,  but the "Spiked baseball bat" The baseball bat with nail driven through it. Spiked cricket bat too?

As said by Kimo Samuri swords sound good to me as well.

• Like 1

Quite like the Stun Batone and other new melee implementations - gief more!

• Like 1

I would like to see more improvised melee weapons (not just play made but for example just picking up a chair to fend off a zed) and I would love to see a sword added.

• Like 1

Samurai Sword (i'm sure there are some enthusiasts over in Eastern Europe - possible rare drop)

Its more likely to find a longsword or sabre. Samurai swords are more likely to be found in the US because in the aftermath of the Second World War many were collected from the Japanese. But behind the iron curtain its a much different story. Sure it might be a possibility - but extremely rare.

Other things worth considering are polearms and a real sling (which turns out to be quite effective in the right hands - ask Goliath). A scythe obviously as you will find them almost everywhere and they can be effective (though cumbersome) weapons as well. Then a broader collection of knifes as both weapons and tools: razor, pocket knife, ballistic knife, dagger, switchblade, meat cleaver, butter knife, letter opener, balisong, scalpel, throwing knife etc.

An then there are air guns - which are not gunpowder weapons as well.

• Like 2

I want to see less one hit kill axes in the game, and more weaker, more civilian type weapons. That, or improvised weapons

• Like 1

Its more likely to find a longsword or sabre. Samurai swords are more likely to be found in the US because in the aftermath of the Second World War many were collected from the Japanese. But behind the iron curtain its a much different story. Sure it might be a possibility - but extremely rare.

Other things worth considering are polearms and a real sling (which turns out to be quite effective in the right hands - ask Goliath). A scythe obviously as you will find them almost everywhere and they can be effective (though cumbersome) weapons as well. Then a broader collection of knifes as both weapons and tools: razor, pocket knife, ballistic knife, dagger, switchblade, meat cleaver, butter knife, letter opener, balisong, scalpel, throwing knife etc.

An then there are air guns - which are not gunpowder weapons as well.

That's a very fair point and an educational one at that.

However, has there been any indication of what time this is set in? There are a lot of people who are enthusiasts for this sort of thing all over the world and in the last 20 years or so, samurai swords have found their way into many homes across the world (A guy around where I live was actually attacked with a samurai sword in the leg and buttock a few years ago). As mentioned, if it was a rare drop then it wouldn't be entirely unbelievable.

Your suggestion for those other believable weapons (personally would love a meat cleaver) are great suggestions and I'd quite like to see them implemented.

Craftable arrows are already in! Check:

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Improvised_Arrow

Just get some chicken feathers, sharpens some sticks with a knife (etc) and combine them for it ^^

I hear chickens are rather hard to find though - feathers are everywhere though and in a ZA, with nature taking back it's habitat populations would increase again

Id like to see improvised traps added to the game ,even nice simple ones as a shallow punjii trap (ya know shallow hole using shovel ,spikes in it easily used from the sharpened sticks we can do now with the sack covering it with grass on it similiar to making the grass wrap for the mosin. I know ground deformation is not currently possible but this could still be simulated in a reasonable fashion just with a surface texture overlaying the ground.

Wire trap , ya know just a nice piece of thin wire strung between 2 trees or similar at about neck height, with the amount of guys i see running flat out this would be an effective method for dropping people.

Various snares for trapping people and animals , things along these sort of lines something that could be used as added security for upcoming barricading and camping in the woods( eg trap around your tent)

Traps would be awesome with so many cunning uses to be employed. Start a firefight with a group, make them scatter into the traps ;)

I want to see less one hit kill axes in the game, and more weaker, more civilian type weapons. That, or improvised weapons

As long as they fix the melee but right now, i like 1 or 2 hits. We also need to bear in mind that there will be a lot more zombies when it's finished. Whilst one zombie is fairly easy to deal with, 10 won't be.

14045_600_1.jpgdecapitate and scream KAPLA!

YES! haha :)

You'll probably kill yourself faster than you'll kill anyone else with this weapon. 10/10 for looks, 0/10 for practicality :P

I'd love to see craftable melee weapons. ashwood stick+rope+stone. even if they're crappy and would wear down to ruined status after a few uses and fall apart would be great.

Well, since this is supposed to be Russia, I'd say the famous Russian spring-loaded ballistic knife would be a good addition.

Couple of melee for thought from this movie. Some interesting Native American Indian designs as well as the common tomahawk. They also have what looks like some kind of mace on a stone ball or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah9XCamPyKA

Some Medieval weapons would be nice.

russ47.jpg

1959.jpg

Edited by Deathlove