SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.50 Discussion

Side note: were zombies AI changed at all or is that still not implemented yet?

(....)

This week we'll talk about infected AI, and our plans for the next few months

self explanatory

• Vastly reduced range-of-vision
  • Smaller corner to corner cone of vision

Nooooo! Please don't mess with the vision, it is so nice to look at the valley beyond when you're King.. uhm... Queen of the hill!

I hope they don't totally mess with it at least. I have become such a watcher lately, I would be very sad if I was "restrained" by corner to corner cone vision. Think of us peaceful lone wolfs watching freshspawns on the coast while munching a badly damaged fresh banana... :(

Nooooo! Please don't mess with the vision, it is so nice to look at the valley beyond when you're King.. uhm... Queen of the hill!

I hope they don't totally mess with it at least. I have become such a watcher lately, I would be very sad if I was "restrained" by corner to corner cone vision. Think of us peaceful lone wolfs watching freshspawns on the coast while munching a badly damaged fresh banana... :(

I think it might be referring to the AI range/cone of vision..? (Zombies)

As a sidenote, after a full day of homework I finally get to play!  :D

Edited by solodude23

I think it might be referring to the AI range/cone of vision..? (Zombies)

As a sidenote, after a full day of homework I finally get to play!  :D

I truly hope so, I did get half a coronary there... I that read wrong I suppose....And yay! Watch out for the beastly freshspawns. While they are fun to watch from afar, they tend to pop you in the head up close :P

Edited by Demonica
  • Like 2

I truly hope so, I did get half a coronary there... I that read wrong I suppose....And yay! Watch out for the beastly freshspawns. While they are fun to watch from afar, they tend to pop you in the head up close :P

Was I playing with you earlier on experimental? I saw you on the player list, it looked like.. very few were on at that point. And I saw a person near Novo but lost them while fighting off a zed.

Wanted to show off my pink baklava, pink hat, pink shirt, and sneakers, while saying hello.  :D

• Like 1

Was I playing with you earlier on experimental? I saw you on the player list, it looked like.. very few were on at that point. And I saw a person near Novo but lost them while fighting off a zed.

Wanted to show off my pink baklava, pink hat, pink shirt, and sneakers, while saying hello.  :D

Yes! I definitely saw your name but wasn't sure if it was actually you or not, but you definitely were the first to come to mind! Let me call you Pinky from now on, I would have loved to see that. I got very, very weary of people, 80% of chance encounters they still shoot you in the filling of your balaclava, pink or not :rolleyes:

I left the server either due to a crash or due to the fact that I had to get back to work. Next time, big man, next time :)

BTW: Is re-spawning loot after server restart a thing now?

Edited by Demonica
  • Like 1

I am living off the berry bushes on the Northeast and Southeast servers... :( Can not find a damn thing !

The valley north of Svetlo is quickly becoming my new favorite part of the map. I'm in love with the fishing village and the new hay fields and other additions with this patch* just make it that much nicer. On a sunny day it's a beautiful area to move through. Now we just need sea fishing and for portable stoves to work and I'm ready to settle down.

The truck anyone?

We do have sea fishing (kind of)! Sardines are able to be caught with the small fish trap. I assume you mean Mackerel, though ;) I LOVE that village. I think it's my favorite, too. Ever since I accidentally found out about Belaya Polana and where it would be, I've convinced myself it will be my "hometown" (even though it doesn't even exist yet) purely based on the gorgeous location. We can be neighboring mayors and facilitate trade! :p

about horticulture: how exactly does it work? i did dig the slots and fertilzed... and now what? do i need seed? where to get them? what kind of seed?

You need a hoe (or shovel?) to work the dirt, fertilizer, and tomato seeds. I have yet to see seeds in this build.

There's plenty of fertilizer on the exp servers right now if anyone needs it.

There is quite a bit of it. So far though, I've only found it in places where you would expect to find it.

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 2

That new military base is fun.. great to explore

DONT CLIMB DOWN THE LADDERS.  ;)

Edited by lrish
  • Like 1

Unofficial Experimental Changelog is can be found here again. The information we found is extremely interesting in my opinion

• Like 3

Shouldn't be any static police cars placed anymore.

There is one in Severograd in garage behind police station. In .49 stable

exp is a joke at this moment, I really find it incredible that there is so much fertilizer, guns, etc.... but NO food.

Look, I am a total fan of the game, I realise that this is WIP, and EXP - but it seems like I can eat a lot, and be starving 15 mins later. Or dying of hypothermia. I am no N00b to this game, I can live of the land if given a chance, but it's impossible to get that chance... to get the chance to TEST things out.

Simply dying frm hunger and exposure in incredible time, under the sun - when there is no food especially is just stupid.

Please continue the great work (last notes excellent btw) - but please FGS give us a chance!!

cheers

Is it me or AKM/101 and parts are REALLY difficult to find ? i visited about 10 barracks (server crash, not hopping) and only found one 30rnd mag for AKM. military tents don't spawn mags and part anymore, its just makarov and makarov mags everywere. sadly P1, 1911, CZ75 are pretty much useless now because mags are so hard to find. i appreciate that all tents and vehicles wreck spawn loot in 0.50 through

lockpicking is very basic right now but it works. i manage to lock myself in a house, ruining my lockpick on the last door. then the server crashed, but as i had no melee weapon, is it possible to force door with fists ?

that new exp is great !

ps : as usual, food everywere within 15min walk if you leave big cities.

Edited by Zboub le météor

is it possible to force door with fists ?

Yes, but it takes a while. ( 100 punches according to wobo )

• Like 1

Look, I am a total fan of the game, I realise that this is WIP, and EXP - but it seems like I can eat a lot, and be starving 15 mins later. Or dying of hypothermia. I am no N00b to this game, I can live of the land if given a chance, but it's impossible to get that chance... to get the chance to TEST things out.

I don't seem to have that problem in current exp build. In fact when it comes to those things, this build seems to be extremely player friendly compared to the previous two.

• Like 3

so servers seem still to be crashing, DE-05 is bugged like in the last version of experimental, sadly exactly where i built up a "base" yesterday so i can't check persistence

Edited by SpawnZ

yes I was about to ask the same question than SpawnZ, are still the server so crashy?
Cause I often cant play more than 30 minutes before getting the "no message receive X seconds..."
Or it come from me? 

Edited by darricks

Is this new?.

2014-10-16_00001_zps6cd889dd.jpg

2014-10-16_00003_zpsaf7494f9.jpg

No that truck is not new, it's been a while already at Severograd train station (even before Severograd was there) but I never saw it anywhere else so maybe the model is more used now.

also i hope horticulture is working everywhere on grassland, i cant find a sense in not being able to grow plant in a garden where there are sunflowers and pumpkins all over the place ...

• Like 1