SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.50 Discussion

Sir, you're wrong, i dunno if they exist in latest patch but in the 0.47 or 0.48 i ve encountered them few times and i can assure you that they were standing next to me because i could hear them very loudly and most of all i even managed to shoot one of them cause i saw a blood in the air.

And second case, how would you explain situation when they are chasing you trough an open field ?

Someone discovered a bug once in a youtube video where the players hitbox got stuck / was somewhere else as the actual player model. Unfortunately, i can't dig up that video anymore, but will post it when i stumble across it again. This at least explains "invisible" Zombies inside of buildings - your hitbox didnt enter the building ( stuck at a door, or perhaps a wall ) and the zombie was attacking it. This could be fixed by going back and "picking up" your hitbox again.

Thats no explanation for your second case, but I have to agree with Tatanko, most of the times, there is an explanaition.

Edited by ChainReactor
  • Like 1

Never mind, I thought the servers went down but they didn't :P

So far playing has gone well for me today, surprisingly so, and I can finally enjoy running around for a bit! Yay!

Edited by Demonica

Found a 'skate' helmet.. pretty sweet.

Only one EU 1st person server left (and only one 3rd person).. so cant get back in since UK 04 went down. Shame. Hopefully some server admins can restart the boxes soon

The only time I've been aware of invisible zombies recently was after a patch and a server reset that caused some seriously buggy behavior. Some people on the server could see the zeds but to others (including me) they were entirely invisible. Outside of that specific instance I've never encountered invisible zombies. So it's possible but I've seen no evidence of them in the latest 0.50.

I was killed by two invisible zombies in the last patch. (0.49exp) I was chased around for ages by them as a new spawn. One of the scariest things! Should be a feature!

Never mind, I thought the servers went down but they didn't :P

So far playing has gone well for me today, surprisingly so, and I can finally enjoy running around for a bit! Yay!

I hope I get a chance to play this evening. It was nigh impossible last night with only two working servers for the whole planet  :rolleyes:

Come on, devs... give us all the Experimental servers for the weekend! Don't hold back! :p

• Like 1

It sure would be nice to have at least a couple more servers each for hardcore and regular, it's frustrating not being able to play the one server that is open because it's too full or too high in Pingalings...

But if DayZ has taught me anything, it is patience and tolerance when it comes to moments that just want to make you go GRRRRR.

These days, when something is bugged or crashy or unavailable, I just go "Meh, I'll just wait a couple days or try some other servers."

would be a nice idea if there would be any site for the experimental  servers status

currently EU servers are down except for one that is lootfree now

Edited by Axezeroone

would be a nice idea if there would be any site for the experimental  servers status

currently EU servers are down except for one that is lootfree now

Yep and the ability to have both builds installed at the same time to easily switch between them.

I was killed by two invisible zombies in the last patch. (0.49exp) I was chased around for ages by them as a new spawn. One of the scariest things! Should be a feature!

Ive heard that if you vault, the invisible zombie will leave you. Not sure if the zombie is invisible or under the ground. I've tried it once and it worked but can't confirm from such a small sample size.

Wasnt there a mention that servers will be able to change settings server side to provide different gaming experience? Would be cool...because I really liked the challenge of scarcity and harsh weather.

It sure would be nice to have at least a couple more servers each for hardcore and regular, it's frustrating not being able to play the one server that is open because it's too full or too high in Pingalings...

But if DayZ has taught me anything, it is patience and tolerance when it comes to moments that just want to make you go GRRRRR.

These days, when something is bugged or crashy or unavailable, I just go "Meh, I'll just wait a couple days or try some other servers."

Hey! Weird, but did I happen to run into you at the green two storey in Kamyshovo a couple of hours ago? I asked if you were friendly, you asked if there was any food, and I left a banana and an orange for you in the ground floor kitchen. It sounds like a ridiculous long shot but I think it was you :P.

If not, c'est la vie :)

This experimental patch is extremely playable for me. The movement bug seems entirely nonexistent and there's just enough provisions to get by. I like it!

• Like 3

Yep and the ability to have both builds installed at the same time to easily switch between them.

Yeah, that would be nice too. If I can't get in to any Experimental servers tonight, I'll be switching back to Stable for the weekend.

Yeah, that would be nice too. If I can't get in to any Experimental servers tonight, I'll be switching back to Stable for the weekend.

They are still having that weird bug where the servers stop working after the first or second reset.  It's killing me. 

• Like 1

Hey! Weird, but did I happen to run into you at the green two storey in Kamyshovo a couple of hours ago? I asked if you were friendly, you asked if there was any food, and I left a banana and an orange for you in the ground floor kitchen. It sounds like a ridiculous long shot but I think it was you :P.

If not, c'est la vie :)

This experimental patch is extremely playable for me. The movement bug seems entirely nonexistent and there's just enough provisions to get by. I like it!

Yes Sir, that was me :-) Thanks again for not killing me, it's more appreciated than I thought you'd ever know! Thanks to our encounter I am still alive and healthy!

• Like 2

Awesome! I called it :D

Yes Sir, that was me :-) Thanks again for not killing me, it's more appreciated than I thought you'd ever know! Thanks to our encounter I am still alive and healthy!

You should know that after our brief chat your mic was left open. I could hear you mouth breathing for a couple of mins :P

• Like 1

They are still having that weird bug where the servers stop working after the first or second reset.  It's killing me. 

Boo :( Oh well, I'll probably just switch to 0.49 and work on some backlogged documentation for the wiki :)

You should know that after our brief chat your mic was left open. I could hear you mouth breathing for a couple of mins :P

That wasn't mouth breathing, I just had to fetch some deep sighs. I couldn't believe that I didn't actually get killed. My adrenaline went through the roof LOL

Alright, I'm about to jump back in again, just for sheets and giggles ^^

Edited by Demonica
  • Like 1

I'm currently playing 3pp exp and it seems like some servers have piles of gear and some have none. Not even shoes, chemlights, gas lamps.. anything. I'm running through the middle of the map too. Is this a result of persistence/loot spawning?

Am I the only one seeing all UK EXP server's 0/50?, if not then how the hell are we going to test when we cant join any server's all weekend?.

• Like 1

Am I the only one seeing all UK EXP server's 0/50?, if not then how the hell are we going to test when we cant join any server's all weekend?.

yes man... all empty except for one that is full, all the others dont work....

i wish there was more info about the servers running and IF there is any maintenance right now i'd like to know that but since theres one server running

i dont see a reason for maintenance

and if - as one guy here said - the servers stuck after resetting still being a bug, i cant tell, but thats really a waste of time for

the servers being unplayable for no real reason as its a waste of money aswell.

Edited by Axezeroone
  • Like 1

yes man... all empty except for one that is full, all the others dont work....

i wish there was more info about the servers running and IF there is any maintenance right now i'd like to know that but since theres one server running

i dont see a reason for maintenance

and if - as one guy here said - the servers stuck after resetting still being a bug, i cant tell, but thats really a waste of time for

the servers being unplayable for no real reason as its a waste of money aswell.

Thank you Axe.

I wish someone would give us a clue to what is going on, and before people say check Twatter, Reddit etc, no thank you, Here in the Dayz Forum should be all the info we need... :(

^^

I can tell you what is going on in an unofficial capacity.

There is a issue/bug in 0.50 exp build that sometimes when a server restarts/crashes upon its automatic restart something goes wrong and the server never actually starts and gets stuck.  Hence they appear at their restart time, normally 09.00 and time never moves on.

Its seems it needs a server admin to manually restart the Dayz instance on the server.

So eventually they all stop working until intervention.

Edited by MadTommy
  • Like 4

^^

I can tell you what is going on in an unofficial capacity.

There is a issue/bug in 0.50 exp build that sometimes when a server restarts/crashes upon its automatic restart something goes wrong and the server never actually starts and gets stuck.  Hence they appear at their restart time, normally 09.00 and time never moves on.

Its seems it needs a server admin to manually restart the Dayz instance on the server.

So eventually they all stop working until intervention.

Thank you MadTommy.

So have all the admin's gone on holiday? :)

Thank you MadTommy.

So have all the admin's gone on holiday? :)

I suspect all the test servers are official Bohemia/Dayz servers.  There is likely only one or two in the office who have access and they are all enjoying a beer!  

• Like 1

Well, remember they are in Europe. While it's noon here (Pacific Time), it's already 9 p.m. over there. I doubt they are having a night crew just for this.

Edited by Demonica