Deathlove

What Is Your Favorite Current Food In Game?

For me its a list of this.

1, Peach: For being one of the newest editions to Dayz i really like this food. It gives quite a bit of your health and hydration lvls.

2. Apples: One of the most numerous foods in game. Can save your life especially when your starting out as a fresh spawn. Never underestimate the power of a tasty apple!

3. Rice and Cereal: While maybe not offering the same benefits as canned beans they still boost your health up quite a bit. Also i actually eat dry cereal in real life so i find it quite tasty lol.

What are your favorite foods and why?

Also as a side topic i cant wait to see what else gets put in latter on. I see we have pumpkins in game or some kind of squash. Sure would be nice if we can actually eat them lol. I also would like to see candy. Maybe not chocolates but hard candies have a habit of lasting MUCH longer. Peppermints, gummy candies, etc.

steaks from anything but usually boar steaks as cows seem to be a mostly southern creature. they also have the added benefit of needing a fire to cook so I get nice and warm while cooking them. I haven't bothered to open a can in almost 2 weeks. anybody want a can opener?

steaks from anything but usually boar steaks as cows seem to be a mostly southern creature. they also have the added benefit of needing a fire to cook so I get nice and warm while cooking them. I haven't bothered to open a can in almost 2 weeks. anybody want a can opener?

If its anything but damaged you should keep it. Anything above that gets to be quite rarer to find.

I haven't had really any luck with the meats yet. I attempted to cook some meat in a boiler and a gas tank but it burnt the damn food lol. Im probably going to try to cook with a fire place when i get the chance and see if that does anything different. Probably going to try fishing soon to.

Since i Travel light and without a backpack I prefer Powdered Milk, and Rice (gives the most food). Peaches are always a nice find whenever im looting players/buildings for the hihgh hydration as well as stated in the OP 

Since i Travel light and without a backpack I prefer Powdered Milk, and Rice (gives the most food). Peaches are always a nice find whenever im looting players/buildings for the hihgh hydration as well as stated in the OP 

Oh yeah i forgot about the powdered milk. Yeah, i actually like the peaches better than beans.

If its anything but damaged you should keep it. Anything above that gets to be quite rarer to find.

I have 2, one is worn the other is pristine. I keep them in the event I run across the less fortunate. I've passed over so many in my search for a tent that its not even funny. if only I could build a tent out of can openers....

I have 2, one is worn the other is pristine. I keep them in the event I run across the less fortunate. I've passed over so many in my search for a tent that its not even funny. if only I could build a tent out of can openers....

It might be possible if you had some kind of metal bonding adhesive in game or a blow torch. lmao

• Like 1

Does anyone else get hungry when they play Dayz? As soon as I start eating in game I want to eat in RL.

Does anyone else get hungry when they play Dayz? As soon as I start eating in game I want to eat in RL.

Yep, it makes me want to eat cereal or go to Tacobell and get some food lmao. Or even better cook some burgers and be be thankful i don't live like my character.

Chocolate ...oh, wait... they don't have chocolate in Russia.  :P

Im sure they do but i would like to see some hard candies. Even some gummy bears or something like that.

• Like 1

I figured they would lol. Im pretty sure most places in the world carry standard supplies of some type of candy no matter where they are from. And even than if you got bees that make honey, maple trees or something else sweet you can make treats from them.

• Like 1

RyanH, on 01 Oct 2014 - 05:47 AM, said:

Now that we can cook food I would love to see the game updated to force people to cook the rice or add water to the powdered milk. I cannot imagine ones stomach would much enjoy eating an entire bag of dried rice.

• Like 1

I would like to be able to cannibalize my kills, then you would be my favorite food. 

Edited by Bakermensch
  • Like 2

I would like to be able to cannibalize my kills, then you would be my favorite food. 

You can cut players up and zombies up in Arma 3 Breaking point and eat there bodies. As well as in Dayz 2017. So maybe they should include that but you should get LOTS of diseases if you don't have the antibiotics to cure it with.

• Like 1

Would be nice if we had a way to bake things as well as cook. A long term goal of making a brick oven or something like that. :O

oven-on-stone-base.jpg

Tactical Bacon, because...?

Bacon..?

tumblr_mbqqh1kGrf1rwzsbso6_400.gif

and Zuccchhini (even though I don't like them in RL :D ) They give a nice energy- and water-boost, as far as I have found out.

• Like 2

Tactical Bacon, because...?

Bacon..?

tumblr_mbqqh1kGrf1rwzsbso6_400.gif

and Zuccchhini (even though I don't like them in RL :D ) They give a nice energy- and water-boost, as far as I have found out.

Would be nice if we could get some fresh bacon slices off of a pig or boar with the right tool and use it on a pan! :O

Rice and plenty of water

worked in indo-china, works here

Apart from that I just eat anything I find as soon as I find it.. I've never discovered a way of getting STUFFED by eating food.. you can do it drinking water, but you can eat a TON of anything at all and you get HEALTHY but nothing else.. did they take overeating out of the game ??

xx

Rice and plenty of water

worked in indo-china, works here

Apart from that I just eat anything I find as soon as I find it.. I've never discovered a way of getting STUFFED by eating food.. you can do it drinking water, but you can eat a TON of anything at all and you get HEALTHY but nothing else.. did they take overeating out of the game ??

xx

Its back on experimental.

Also here is some food for thought with rice.

Lets further that idea with meat and potatoes and make this! 83

Spicy%20Japanese%20Beef%20Curry%20Rice.j

• Like 1

Hey this was just what we used to eat in the Jungle !

(aint booby-trapped is it ?)

PS =  SAS CURRY   (one of my fave things)

You make enough curry for 4 or 5 people.. you make it as HOT as you can (and there are WAYS to DO that)

(vindaloo paste in jars from the RIGHT place, couple of jars.. plus chili sauce.. ya know.. whatever..)

Fairly cook the meat first, then add the other stuff (vegetables).. use anything to go with the meat, but keep it chopped reasonably small -  no whole potatoes etc... then throw in a few good handfulls of dried rasins and sultanas, plus any dried fruit flakes ya can find, etc..

put in a lot more paste than you think you should

let it all stew for 24 hours so the "sauce " gets right in to the ingredients

then just TWO of you eat it all.

The only rule is you can't pass out until you've finished it. Meaning none left, dude.

(then you pass out.. I dunno why, that's just how it happens)

You'd be amazed hyow good that is..

Also a neat trick is to use granules of durum wheat, semolina - the stuff used for couscous, instead of rice for the base

That is good. The meeting of 2 great civilizations.

xx

Edited by pilgrim

Hey this was just what we used to eat in the Jungle !

(aint booby-trapped is it ?)

lol no not if its made from most normal ppl.