haknslash

A look at one of the new zombie models

How about you start a new topic discussing child zombies somewhere else?

Now for an actually on-topic post: Nice to see a zombie model that's very different from the originals. I do tire of getting ganged up on by the same three hookers.

Me to especially when they have only the exact same thing to offer....... LMAO x'D

And yes this shouldn't have even been brought up on this topic.

Looks great!!

Now hows about they make them actually scary to deal with?  *yawn*

• Like 1

Looks great!!

Now hows about they make them actually scary to deal with?  *yawn*

couldn't agree more but than you know in order to do that we might have to make some stronger mutant versions with different abilities. But its split 50/50 with ppl on that idea. Or at least the idea of getting infected should make ppl think twice before just going in full melee. Melee should always be a last resort and guns even more so in a city. If stealth is to overpowered that could be another issue as well with players easily defeating zombies.

Lots of things to think about.

Edited by Deathlove

Well it seems like the only pedophile here is you for even thinking about it in the first place. LMAO

Again nothing would be spared in a real plague outbreak like this. Its ether loose those morals or die.

I've heard this "after a SHTF scenario we all have to lose our morals or die" mantra sooo many times and it is simply crap.

A society collapses within its' own decadence and is reborn within a new set of core values, simple as that.

Meaning if you want to rebuild, you need to rebuild structure within a society. Then, the lawless gangs are swiftly put out of their misery by groups of organized individuals.

It has been this way since the dawn of mankind. Over and over again.

Speaking of having reached a certain level of decadence, just because there "would be" rapists and murderers of women and children as well as cannibals in such a world, does that really necessarily mean that we need game mechanics like cannibalism, rape and infanticide in an already violent and lawless video-game?

I clearly voice the opinion that we do not.

And I also support the argument that such a game will simply be banned in many Western countries.

EDIT: I would explicitly request mods NOT to delete this comment. If necessary, I will move it to an own discussion board. But it is important to me to make this point! (a similar posting of mine has already been deleted... although it has often been shown that this type of discussion is a necessity on this board!!)

Edited by ColonelBurton

Hate to keep pointing this out.  You are not going to see more grotesque zombies because, they aren't zombies.

Your opinion doesn't make it fact, now run along son.

I would like to see them doing something like in State of Decay. Most zombies are nthe normal walking brainless peice of meat, but then there's some variations. One of them you cant meele or run with a car because when it dies it releases a toxic gas. There's on big giant that takes alot of hits to kill, you cant even ram him with a car. There's the armed ones similar to the soldiers with helmets in dayz. There the ferals that are just what the name says, feral (have the same stance of the crawling ones in dayz but much fierced and relentless). And we could also have infected animals. (Imagine a pack of infected pitbulls coming at you)

Really laughing at the general hipocrisy in here. Killing virtual pixels (children) is a no-go, but killing adults is perfectly a-ok and morally sound. Okay..

Fallout 1/2 had killable children you could slay in the most gruesome ways. No one batted an eye.

Also, if someone is concernend about killing some pixels because of moral reasons, he/she has some other issues and problems not being able to tell reality apart from fantasy (a videogame). Dangerous I say. :)

The new infected model looks really good.

• Like 2

Really laughing at the general hipocrisy in here. Killing virtual pixels (children) is a no-go, but killing adults is perfectly a-ok and morally sound. Okay..

Fallout 1/2 had killable children you could slay in the most gruesome ways. No one batted an eye.

Also, if someone is concernend about killing some pixels because of moral reasons, he/she has some other issues and problems not being able to tell reality apart from fantasy (a videogame). Dangerous I say. :)

Its like whats next? We cant have black zombies in the game because it would be considered racist? LMAO X'D

Off topic: In fact Resident Evil 5 had controversy with that which was the stupidest thing iv ever heard because it was LITERALLY based in an African country.

Edited by Deathlove

No one batted an eye? Did you miss the fact that the game was banned in Germany, and when it was released, children were removed from the game entirely?

Also. nice strawmen arguements, there.

• Like 1

No one batted an eye? Did you miss the fact that the game was banned in Germany, and when it was released, children were removed from the game entirely?

Also. nice strawmen arguements, there.

He makes a valid point though.

I would like to cite the countless movies that depict FAR FAR worse things then shooting a child and none of them are banned anywhere (in the western world).

Early conversations regarding child/baby zombies were that the team weren't opposed to the idea EXCEPT for the fact that it might get the game banned in some regions.

Only because of the old stigma of video games being mostly for children is there any difference on how games are rated and where they are released.

Also, any thread RE: zombies in DayZ is invariably going to hit on ALL of these side topics.

We should NOT see super human zombies of any sort! No giants, no disfigured mutants, no special abilities, spider/lizard/animal zombies, or exploding zombies. This conflicts with the entire authenticity factor that is a core element of what makes DayZ unique.

If you want to see weird mutant zombies, play Resident Evil, it's great for that.

Edited by BioHaze

I would like to cite the countless movies that depict FAR FAR worse things then shooting a child and none of them are banned anywhere (in the western world).

Early conversations regarding child/baby zombies were that the team weren't opposed to the idea EXCEPT for the fact that it might get the game banned in some regions.

Only because of the old stigma of video games being mostly for children is there any difference on how games are rated and where they are released.

Also, any thread RE: zombies in DayZ is invariably going to hit on ALL of these side topics.

We should NOT see super human zombies of any sort! No giants, no disfigured mutants, no special abilities, spider/lizard/animal zombies, or exploding zombies. This conflicts with the entire authenticity factor that is a core element of what makes DayZ unique.

If you want to see weird mutant zombies, play Resident Evil, it's great for that.

I would like to counter with an authenticity factor that there would be no zombies whatsoever in the game as well if we wanted to go for ubber realism. Its rather silly when ppl write this kind of thing off because it seems unrealistic. The fact that there are zombies at all makes it unrealistic in general. No one wrote the rule on how zombies are supposed to be except for zombie purist set in there ways on how Romeros Night Of The Living Dead or how 28 Days Latter plays out. You can STILL have minor mutations in games and variations in attacks. We already have the monkey zombie in game. Very Subtle mutations like being able to see better in dark or ones that have better hearing. Stuff like that can be gradually put in to throw players off when not fighting humans. Even a very rare few zombies with suicide grenades on there bodies in military areas to make ppl more cautious of farming hot zones would be interesting.

Edited by Deathlove

Shut up. Are you really that big of a fucking pansy?

Do you get off on kids being killed? Is that something you actually want to do in a game you idiot fuc.

Don't. This goes for both of you.

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 2

Don't. This goes for both of you.

It was really early in the mornings my apologies for that. :)

Sorry,

With no disrespect but... Autthenticity and zombies dont play well. I'm 99,9% sure you dont believe zombies exist or will exist. Now. in an unreallistic world, like the one dayz explores, if zombies are mutations why wouldn't those mutations evolve? Virus evolve. Deseases evolve. Virus mutates, and this in real reality. 

1 thing i cant understand is why people that has ideas that would like to see implemented in dayz have to go play other games. Why cant they just express their idea and see if it sticks?! Free speech!!

• Like 1

Sorry,

With no disrespect but... Autthenticity and zombies dont play well. I'm 99,9% sure you dont believe zombies exist or will exist. Now. in an unreallistic world, like the one dayz explores, if zombies are mutations why wouldn't those mutations evolve? Virus evolve. Deseases evolve. Virus mutates, and this in real reality. 

1 thing i cant understand is why people that has ideas that would like to see implemented in dayz have to go play other games. Why cant they just express their idea and see if it sticks?! Free speech!!

Again these are ppl who are heavy fans of Romero and 28 Days/Weeks Latter zombie lore. I love those movies and zombies just as much as anyone but im also open to new types of ideas so long as they pull it off well and not cheesy like some have tried to.

I want Emo Zombies Hipsters  Hippies Heavys Jupies Granys Plumbers  Doctors  Fat Skinny Old Young and  bring back the Mythbusters Zombie from the MOD! 

Pls^^

• Like 2

Again these are ppl who are heavy fans of Romero and 28 Days/Weeks Latter zombie lore. I love those movies and zombies just as much as anyone but im also open to new types of ideas so long as they pull it off well and not cheesy like some have tried to.

Bingo,

and has you said earlier, it would make players think a bit before going to loot NWAF for example. Today, zombies are easy, you just run pass through them while looting as fast as you can, or you can even knock down a zombie with your fists (yes... i know... this is alpha.... things are going to change... for worse.... or better.... it depends of the view). An example: (the facts you're about to read are pure fiction and in no circunstances can be taken as reality) You go to the NWAF military base, just to find out that there was a undergroung top-secret nuclear/biological facility wich in the events that lead to the apocalyptic set in chernarus was destroyed releasing hazards gases that caused further mutations in the affected area. you could have diferent zombies and you could even give use to gas mask (currently in game)

Rodsin

I'm 100% sure zombies will never exist.

Authenticity and realism are 2 very different concepts in the realm of games and has been a distinction posited by Rocket early on.

To just say "zombies remove realism to begin with so we can do whatever", is very short sighted.

I believe the concept of authenticity in regards to DayZ is a factor to help keep immersion and suspension of disbelief.

Having limitations associated with being human like body temperature and disease are direct examples of this.

The way I believe the zeds will act in their final form will be very animal/ape like movement and behavior never extending their abilities too far beyond what a normal human could do.

Video games will likely never be "realistic" in my lifetime but a level of authenticity in the graphics and player interactions can make the experience more visceral and immersive.

Edited by BioHaze

Rodsin

I'm 100% sure zombies will never exist.

Authenticity and realism are 2 very different concepts in the realm of games and has been a distinction posited by Rocket early on.

To just say "zombies remove realism to begin with so we can do whatever", is very short sighted.

I believe the concept of authenticity in regards to DayZ is a factor to help keep immersion and suspension of disbelief.

Having limitations associated with being human like body temperature and disease are direct examples of this.

The way I believe the zeds will act in their final form will be very animal/ape like movement and behavior never extending their abilities too far beyond what a normal human could do.

Video games will likely never be "realistic" in my lifetime but a level of authenticity in the graphics and player interactions can make the experience more visceral and immersive.

I understand your point and even agree with it. But has Deathlove also said in response to this thread, this could be done by doing small tweaks, rare variations. It can be done without removing authenticity to the game. Just give a good reason to the "why". "Why this guy exists" "Because this happened. I played the game i refered above and didnt felt any lack of authenticity. It made me chose diferent aproachs. Dont shoot that guy because there's a horde near. Dont ram that guy with a car because i'm only going to get it wrecked. The choices in daayz (currently) are pretty linear in what concerns zombies. Evolving for better, but still pretty linear. Has for animals, why wouldn't the virus (suposing it was a virus that caused the events of dayz) mutate other forms of life. I'm not talking about infected ETs that lived secretly in planet earth, i'm talking of animals like dogs  for ex. It's not that wierd to see infected dogs, they eat what they see, infected or not.

If you want to get all technical a zombie isn't any of these things mentioned so far.  In Haiti they aren't even dead really, they just appear reanimated and are always under the control of some sorcerer or sorceress.  The definition nowadays is just too fluid nowadays to be limited in the manner it has been.  Shoots, some zombies even talk.  I am fairly sure the little girl in Night of the Living Dead says something to her mother as she is stabbing her and, of course, the ones in Return of the Living Dead all had a limited vocabulary.

Here is a nice reference from the zed master himself!!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/10436738/George-A-Romero-Why-I-dont-like-The-Walking-Dead.html

If you want to get all technical a zombie isn't any of these things mentioned so far.  In Haiti they aren't even dead really, they just appear reanimated and are always under the control of some sorcerer or sorceress.  The definition nowadays is just too fluid nowadays to be limited in the manner it has been.  Shoots, some zombies even talk.  I am fairly sure the little girl in Night of the Living Dead says something to her mother as she is stabbing her and, of course, the ones in Return of the Living Dead all had a limited vocabulary.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/10436738/George-A-Romero-Why-I-dont-like-The-Walking-Dead.html

Odin Lowe and I both pointed this out already earlier in the thread.

Your forgetting the best one.

• Like 1

I understand your point and even agree with it. But has Deathlove also said in response to this thread, this could be done by doing small tweaks, rare variations. It can be done without removing authenticity to the game. Just give a good reason to the "why". "Why this guy exists" "Because this happened. I played the game i refered above and didnt felt any lack of authenticity. It made me chose diferent aproachs. Dont shoot that guy because there's a horde near. Dont ram that guy with a car because i'm only going to get it wrecked. The choices in daayz (currently) are pretty linear in what concerns zombies. Evolving for better, but still pretty linear. Has for animals, why wouldn't the virus (suposing it was a virus that caused the events of dayz) mutate other forms of life. I'm not talking about infected ETs that lived secretly in planet earth, i'm talking of animals like dogs  for ex. It's not that wierd to see infected dogs, they eat what they see, infected or not.

I am all for infected animals though I'm not sure it's something the dev team wants in the game.

Small tweaks in behavior are already being implemented and will likely be more sophisticated in the final build.

As stated by the devs, those things that totally defy conventional physical properties (exploding, or giant zeds etc), will not be in this game.

Odin Lowe and I both pointed this out already earlier in the thread.

Cool, I took some time typing that up and was afk before I hit post.

I am all for infected animals though I'm not sure it's something the dev team wants in the game.

Small tweaks in behavior are already being implemented and will likely be more sophisticated in the final build.

As stated by the devs, those things that totally defy conventional physical properties (exploding, or giant zeds etc), will not be in this game.

To be fair State of Decay handled the mutation variations quite well without going to insanely over the top like what L4D series did. I kind of like the realism they used for those types much better.

Edited by Deathlove
  • Like 1