spikes525

Better starting kit

hi

only thing i would suggest. it's to have better starting kit than flashlight an battery

with the new player temps and other difficulty, it's gonna be cool to have some new stuff at start

not full gear but thing's like, axe, matchbox, rain coat or  thing helpt o keep us alive like 

thank's and sorry for my english

You should Spawn with nothing, other than your Private Parts swinging in the wind

• Like 8

You should Spawn with nothing, other than your Private Parts swinging in the wind

With the temperature system the way it is now you'd freeze your winky off before you could find clothes. Besides I just don't want to see another mans junk flappin in the breeze

I like this idea in the general sense, but not with the items you suggested. You should not at all spawn with an Axe, that would be too good of a starter item, also I don't think it should be the same thing each time, it should randomize (Within limits, no spawning with anything "good"). It should also be an option that you can toggle on and off in the character creation menu.

Between how few people have any use for a flashlight (useless at day and points to you like a neon arrow at night) and the common appearance of chemlights and flares anyway if you are intent on getting shot for being a glowing target, it seems to be a waste of effort. At most, I keep the battery now that there are some useful toys that use it. I'd rather start with 2 matches, an empty water bottle, or whatever other random minor thing. Not much value to those things either, but offer a bit of a starting interest and one step towards psychological comfort regarding survival.

• Like 1

Survivin' Ivan's Starter Kit - Have a snack, knock one back and attack!

I like this idea in the general sense, but not with the items you suggested. You should not at all spawn with an Axe, that would be too good of a starter item, also I don't think it should be the same thing each time, it should randomize (Within limits, no spawning with anything "good"). It should also be an option that you can toggle on and off in the character creation menu.

sorry i just give idea. i don't really won't axe or some stuff like that.

bottle or rain coat or randomize stuff to help survive just much longer than a flashlight 

• Like 1

The starting gear(which is pretty much nothing) now is just fine the way it is, anything else would just cheapen the experience. Find what you need, not start with what you need is what the game is about.

Also, screw easy mode.

Edited by R.Neville

Well, maybe a pocket knife to fight off zeds? Not that it'd do much better than fisticuffs, but its the thought that counts!

Axe and raincoat are too OP to start with.

Couple matches, or some other fairly useless stuff, without gear to make them useful, would be cool.

I would just like to see random starting gear.  Nothing inherently useful, just stuff that you may hold onto for the future.  Flashlight and battery are still pretty useless.

We don't need better starting gear in a survival game.  It is still pretty easy to stay alive, even with the new features.

• Like 1

I think Rust got the "new spawn" concept right. 

I consider the flashlight and battery to be particularly useless but there is no need to start a player with anything beyond a couple of items. Someone mentioned (AlfaphaCat) )that those items should be randomly generated from a list of near useless items and I agree.

Have some Beans AlfaphaCat :beans:

But lets be realistic:

Female characters should be built like women and spawn in pink tank tops, shorts and tennis shoes. And their gear should be 1 lipstick and 1 Mascara.

Male characters should spawn in what they wear now and their gear should be 1 unpaid rent bill and 1 ticket for a free drink at a pub that he will never see again.

Edited by Xbow
  • Like 1

Overall I think that servers should have an option for random starting gear, each item of clothing and equipment having a percentage chance to spawn with it. I don't think any "new" starting gear should possess any form of weapons or tactical military clothing, weighing it up against clothing you'd normally not see people wearing in most DayZ servers. In addition most of the clothing and equipment you could spawn with should have varying damage states.

Some examples for spawnable items:

Clothing

1. Bandana
  2. Baseball Cap
  3. Beanie Hat
  4. Flat Cap
  5. Rader Cap
  6. Ushanka
  7. Respirator
  8. Down Jacket - More frequently should spawn in a damage/badly damage state.
  9. Wool Coat - Rare Chance
  10. Shirt
  11. T-Shirt
  12. Hoodie - Spawn with at a Rare chance
  13. Tracksuit Jacket
  14. Canvas Pants
  15. Tracksuit Pants
  16. Atheltic Shoes
  17. Jogging Shoes
  18. Leather Shoes
  19. Wellies

Equipment

• Pen
  • Paper
  • Burlap Sack - Rare Chance to spawn
  • Rope - Rare Chance to Spawn
  • Wooden Stick
  • Spraypaint
  • Duct Tape
  • Gas Canister

Overall I think that servers should have an option for random starting gear, each item of clothing and equipment having a percentage chance to spawn with it. I don't think any "new" starting gear should possess any form of weapons or tactical military clothing, weighing it up against clothing you'd normally not see people wearing in most DayZ servers. In addition most of the clothing and equipment you could spawn with should have varying damage states.

Some examples for spawnable items:

Clothing

1. Bandana
  2. Baseball Cap
  3. Beanie Hat
  4. Flat Cap
  5. Rader Cap
  6. Ushanka
  7. Respirator
  8. Down Jacket - More frequently should spawn in a damage/badly damage state.
  9. Wool Coat - Rare Chance
  10. Shirt
  11. T-Shirt
  12. Hoodie - Spawn with at a Rare chance
  13. Tracksuit Jacket
  14. Canvas Pants
  15. Tracksuit Pants
  16. Atheltic Shoes
  17. Jogging Shoes
  18. Leather Shoes
  19. Wellies

Equipment

• Pen
  • Paper
  • Burlap Sack - Rare Chance to spawn
  • Rope - Rare Chance to Spawn
  • Wooden Stick
  • Spraypaint
  • Duct Tape
  • Gas Canister

i agree these would be cool! just enough 

has i said i not sugest lto much stuf to ruined the game, but something else than flashlight

Edited by spikes525