eugenharton

Can I ask you guys to fill up all four instances and play? :)

46.253.198.69 - Sweden

I`ll leave it on for a few days. You can connect with either experimental or stable client.

Testing server performance/limits on a high end box. There are four server processes running on the one box. 

Edit:  Seems the performance is not where it needs to be, I've reduced the number of running processes to three :)

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/2h49y7/can_i_ask_you_guys_to_fill_up_all_four_instances/

• Like 2

? o.O

players should just play on this server ;)

I think it's for "simple" testing-purposes for a server. what happens, when many people connect to it, play on it etc.

Edited by irishroy
  • Like 1

players should just play on this server ;)

I think it's for "simple" testing-purposes for a server. what happens, when many people connect to it, play on it etc.

Ah ok

From what I understand, the majority of the Dayz staff ignore the official forums and only communicate with redditors.

They don't ignore - they just don't post very often because when they do this happens.

Are all of those third person servers? Because I would like to help but rather not play with wall peekers.

Edited by Evil Minion
  • Like 2

They don't ignore - they just don't post very often because when they do this happens.

Are all of those third person servers? Because I would like to help but rather not play with wall peekers.

Its not the forum user's fault that one Dev spoke out in a way that could draw criticism. I could pick apart how stating three years after an alpha release to see a complete product is detrimental. However I'll note that filtering themselves to a hugbox like reddit where any action they take with the game will get the same droned positive response is poisonous to development. Rather than be reminded how it is doubtful the game will maintain interest three years or that is is doubtful BI will be willing to continue pouring funding into a non profitable project which dayz will lose attention after a few months if significant content isn't installed and other game developers play catch up and release more polished products, they filter themselves to constant "Great job guys" and karma whoring will discourage any for of criticism. Why mention the issue of hackers of perceived lack of attention in certain issues when doing so will net you downvotes?

• Like 2

Found 3 third person servers:

DayZ SWE 0-X (experimental/testing)

(X in {1,2,3})

Plenty space still available, any info on the fourth one?

Edited by Evil Minion

Found 3 third person servers:

DayZ SWE 0-X (experimental/testing)

(X in {1,2,3})

Plenty space still available, any info on the fourth one?

Edit:  Seems the performance is not where it needs to be, I've reduced the number of running processes to three  :)

• Like 1

I feel the same way about 3rd person but I think I'll help out even if I have to do it in 'sissy mode' mode. Damn I hate third person crap!! 

• Like 2

My ping is too high, never even a chance to shoot at boneboys ;)

Catch me if you can...

Topic cleaned !

Eugene, we need to talk...

• Like 1

servers aren't as full as you would expect. Also I died and spawned in the exact same town. took me 30 minutes to discover my own molested body, though.

I never had smooth gameplay like that. Server awesome I never had to press 2 times to switch guns,axe. I killed one bandit with white blaclava maybe he is here too please if you here contact me and let me lknow how perfect I shot you with magnum. (in novo)

dq2VDV.jpg

b42opd.jpg

I found those servers had less desync but sometimes I got lags. Also item condition seemed to lag - I was hit multiple times by zombies and my coat still showed "Pristine" but when the server restarted it was "Ruined". Had the same with another coat later that was "stuck" in "Worn" until I removed an item (Green Spraypaint 75%). Seems to be a display bug as I also could not repair genuinely "Badly Damaged" pants using a "Bad Damaged" (actually "Ruined") sewing kit.

I also learned that you can eat tons of poisonous berries and then eat Charcoal Tabs to be fine, that the Baseball Bat is a funny weapon (you actually have to swing it with your mouse as it hits far to the right) and that the Hammer is very good in finishing downed zombies.

Still I would have preferred a 1st person server but as I didn't get into any PvP situations it was fine - for science!

P.S. Why did this get moved to "Announcements & Information"?

servers aren't as full as you would expect. Also I died and spawned in the exact same town. took me 30 minutes to discover my own molested body, though.

Were you the black girl I was caressing with my pickaxe?

Thanks for the responses guys, I`ll leave the server on for a few days. I`m logging some extra data, need more input for future changes. Written feedback helps. Hope to see you ingame!