Monkeyrama

Lovely People out there...

im going to kill you all

yer gonna have to be pretty damn sneaky :ph34r:.....

OP something to consider is that DayZ is a global experience and there are vast cultural differences so it is highly likely that in whatever culture this person came from such threats are meaningless - where I come from however you make threats like that and the FBI comes and knocks on your door, which is in my opinion a bit of an over reach. words don't kill people, people kill people, and until any action is taken on the part of the aggressor those words remain just that - words. but as a qualifier, my culture is gun culture so people rarely act on their words for fear of loosing their lives.

the first one is the most obvious trap someone can set up for you, next time just lay the bandage on the ground and let him have himself bandaged

the second one was a prime example of why i NEVER trust fresh spawns: the have nothing to lose, so they might as well risk everything to get some gear faster

you are playing as a friendly from what i can tell, that however does not mean you need to throw all security aside and be a big target for everyone, play it smart and keep it up

I did put the bandage on the floor so he could bandage himself. But right when it was on the ground he attacked me instantly.

@The one Above me

Saddenly this guy was german, i could overhear it from his accent very well.

Im from germany myself and i am ashamed about such people, thats why everyone still reminds us about the holocaust every day.

Edited by Monkeyrama

I Kos everyone except fresh spawns. Only time I kill them is when they say "don't killed me please!"

That's what you get for begging

I Kos everyone except fresh spawns. Only time I kill them is when they say "don't killed me please!"

That's what you get for begging

Are trying to be friendly with them and then kill them or do you just make open pvp?

its a big difference between making pvp and beeing a douchebag.

Im from germany myself and i am ashamed about such people...

well it shows that you are by far more mature about your life and the way you approach things - as for my earlier statements - it doesn't make the words sting any less nor does it improve game play but only provides some perspective.

I only actively interact with other players when I am a fresh spawn or playing experimental and that goes pretty much the way you would expect, some good some bad. on stable my interaction with others usually involves me watching with my scope. I almost never shoot (there was that time or two a couple of months ago tho...) and if they are being harassed by zeds I will often shoot the zeds and move on. I play to avoid other players and I seem to get more satisfaction from watching and not taking the shot. that's how I play friendly.

• Like 1

well it shows that you are by far more mature about your life and the way you approach things - as for my earlier statements - it doesn't make the words sting any less nor does it improve game play but only provides some perspective.

Thats true indeed. It seems to me that - especially younger people - are taking computer games way to serious and also lost the feel for foul language and even it being a game at all to some extend. I mean, death threats are not the only thing, its also all that insulting after they killed someone. "AHAHAH KILLED YOU YOU SHIT IDIOT LOOK AT YOUR STUPID FACE" i mean what? You killed an enemy in a game that allows you to kill other players. Whats the big deal?

You know what i really miss some times? Sportsmanship. Whenever i play a competitive online game, i try to be a good sportsman. When i get defeated in a fair game, i congratulate my enemy for playing well. It's not weakness when you say "Good game / shot / move to your opponent when you feel he deserves it. When they get defeated, they're like "F YOU IMMA GONNA KILL YO SISTER SHES A HOE" Thats just sad.

• Like 5

Hello Guys,

I just wanted to see if others have the same problems in DayZ like i do. Today i wanted to play DayZ after a while of pausing again and see what happened.

Weapons are really rare, and it's even harder to get matches or good clothing now. But thats nor really a problem, the things i see as a problem are mostly other people i meet.

Today there were 2 People that talked to me via voice, one asked me if i had a bandage for him because a Zed hit him bloody. So i tried to give him one and right as i was putting it down he tried to hatched me down. I killed him with my revolver and all i hear in chat is "fucking son of a bitch, i will fucking kill you and your family". What the hell is wrong with the People? I hate to be a bandit and want to be friendly but people like that make it so hard to even do anything without doing KoS everytime.

The second one was a freshspawn and i asked him if he needed something, he said yeah some food would be nice. I made some steps back and opened 2 food cans and put it down, and right then he started to punch me. Luckily he had pretty bad aim with his punches otherwise i could been down now. But what the hell? Why are people so good damn unfriendly?

Things I have learned so far. 

- Avoiding other players entirely is usually the best option

- Bambi's are usually stupid and will try and kill you no matter what

- Most players will KoS just because 

- If they don't use voice I will not trust them at all

I would say about 75% of the time other players are going to try and kill you. The other 25% are people who will run away from you or will try and trade, rarely but maybe even team up. If they have their VOIP on you really just have to try and tell what kind of player they are. If they are armed with guns though, they will probably kill you. 

Edited by triplebullet187
  • Like 1

Weapons are really rare

Weapons are far too common.

Don´t be one of those that think a death threat is trivial.

A death threat on the internet is a trivial, ordinary, and standard occurrence. 

Edited by Rags

Let people say what they will, I also have words for them, and bullets to follow.

Saying you will kill my family?  Pure fantasy.

It is no secret. MMO-FPS hybrids are notorious outlets for sociopathic behavior by otherwise law abiding citizens.

Weapons are far too common.

A death threat on the internet is a trivial, ordinary, and standard occurrence. 

Too common? 2 hours ago i played on a fresh restarted server, i made my way from skalysti Island ( i don't know how it's written properly, sorry) up to berezino and Nozo. All the Weapons i found were about 4 little hammers, Screwdrivers and such items. In novo i found my first Firefighter Axe and a revolver. After 1 hour gameplay i had 1 pack of ammunition for the revolver and that was all i found. Maybe it's to common in the west but i can't find good stuff in the east.

Too common? 2 hours ago i played on a fresh restarted server, i made my way from skalysti Island ( i don't know how it's written properly, sorry) up to berezino and Nozo. All the Weapons i found were about 4 little hammers, Screwdrivers and such items. In novo i found my first Firefighter Axe and a revolver. After 1 hour gameplay i had 1 pack of ammunition for the revolver and that was all i found. Maybe it's to common in the west but i can't find good stuff in the east.

I have around 370 hours in this game so far. The chances for weapons spawn come in a variety of places, and you will truly be surprised how easy it is to acquire a firearm once you know where things spawn. Plus, the East is very popular a thoroughfare for players at the moment, so the journey inland to places like the Sobors, Zelenogorsk, Gorka, and Severograd will pay off now, though once the vehicle loot spawn bug is fixed opportunity will abound all over the place.

But...take in mind that almost all vehicles and blue trailers hitches do not currently spawn loot, and these places are normally a very good source of weapons, magazines, and ammunition. 

• Like 2

OP is right, we could run to the hills or fight them in the rain with our sticks and stones. ONWARDS!! i say !

You Sir, are completely hopeless. So pessimistic, if you think its impossible please leave the thread.

Well but it is. People are assholes in real life, they will be assholes in game.

How to solve the asshole problem in our society? Good question.

It is no secret. MMO-FPS hybrids are notorious outlets for sociopathic behavior by otherwise law abiding citizens.

sniff, sniff, sniff.  Sniff?  Is that a BS in the Social Sciences that rears it's ugly head, now you must die..

Edited by Barnabus

yes, it's the normal (anonymity + normal person  = abhorrent social psychopath) scenario

It is fucking trivial, that's the point!

• Like 2

From a skinny ass, 17 years old kid who probably still lives and will live till the next 20 years with his parents, in a basement? It is.

Edited by Ceallach

If you need a game to feel superior over others by taking their virtual lifes, you might have a problem or two.

I thought he did a nice job ambushing that guy and taking his Mosin. It sucks when it happens to you but that's life in Dayz. Then his buddy shows up (when he was behind the wall) and even has the advantage but the dude kills him easily. How that guy didn't get a shoot off is beyond me. 

That guy running after him made the biggest mistake he could have done, he didn't even looked for cover, he's just thrown his life away. Never follow people like that if you have no backup and if you don't know the place. Good knowledge of the neighborhood could have saved his life, but the guy just ran after him like a rookie. Good job, you remained frosty, you deserve to live another day.

Ok, so today I contradict my self.  I am in Balota, in the jail closest to the tower.  I ran in solo in search of an 101 mag which is near impossible to find since .49, but anyway I run in closing all the doors behind me as I search all the way to the top corner room.  I close that door, loot the room of nothing, and kneel facing the door ready to blow someone away as I mess with my backpack.  One minute goes by, then I hear the front door to the place open.  Footsteps... Jail door opens... Footsteps...

I decide a warning is in order.

"You will want to choose a different building my friend or this will end poorly."

He replies, in thick accent: "I am Russian.  Friendly."

XD

I repeat my warning adding I died because of friendly before so please leave or we both get hurt.

He replies: "I am Russian.  I am friendly."

XD

Truth or consequences time.  Dude opens the door, no weapon in hand but kitted out like me with camos, backpack, axe, sks...  I am aimed on his legs.  I say hands up and he raises one hand.    Funny guy...  I am slowly tightening down on the left mouse button. 

He says: Open these please.  Throws down a few cans of beans, peaches...  Turns his back and starts looking for loot under the beds.  Yes, he went prone!  Now this is where it is funny for me because he just said it so nicely, then just gives me his back... I could have killed him with a loaf of bread at this point.  So of course I open the cans.  Then I offer him my can opener.  Did I just offer him my can opener?  XD  Who is more funny at this point?  So he gets back up, and starts eating.  At this point I need to live to tell this tale with a happy ending, so I run out while he is stuck in the eating cinematics.  I hear him stop and run after me, but he heads in a different direction. 

Strange encounter, and I guess I don't KOS even in military bases yet.  But those that do simply pile another body on their kill count.  Me, I get a funny story, a weird story.  I like that.

• Like 4

This is not exclusive to DayZ, any other game, the gaming community itself or the internet. This is people. Someone told me to fuck off and die at work last night because we close earlier than he wants us to. 

Dismiss death threats completely; if you take them personally then perhaps the internet is not a place for you. It is a sad reality, but that is just how things are.

• Like 3