SmashT

Stable - 0.49 Discussion

Friggin teleport hackers killed 2 of my friends in zelenogorsk we were just looting in a building then he teleported behind them and killed them both man what the fuck man   >:(

lucky for me i loged out as soon as they told me they were dead so im a lone survivor  B)

Edited by Dudester100

But I did find a stun wand but I haven't a battery so I will have to wait to test it on a Zed. Will it have an effect? I also found a cattle prod but didn't take it.

Well, i'm an idiot. I spawned with a new character, immediately found a stun wand and a crawler. I tried to use the stun wand to fight the zombie and it had no effect. I kept trying, thinking I was doing something wrong, and finally, I died. After reading your post, I see what I did wrong. 

No batteries!  :blush:

Oh and the zombies need a LOT more punches to kill. Pretty lame fire a new spawn.

Yep... my friend and I had a little encounter with two zombies in Kamyshovo last night. We didn't have any melee weapons yet so we had to punch them to death. It took forever... also took me about an hour to finally see some colours again :-/

I like the new patch and what it brings, been playing on non-persistent 3rd person servers, a few items I've noticed, like other have is:

haven't seen a helicopter yet in NWAF, (been looking for half buried ones,8-10 runs so far)

jeeps no longer spawn loot (checked around 20), not that I mind, if they do they need to tone down the akm stuff that could be found in them

floored tents no longer spawn loot

ski-mask doesn't show under glass visor in GUI

no static helicopter crash sites

helmet and visor has odd combination effects(creates pristine variant with attachment slot for,,,, something else?)

temperature is a little sensitive still, also can't use a butane stove as a heat source

haven't found a hunting knife

I really like that you can use any face mask under the new visor helmet(ski-mask, payday mask, gas-mask) I'm not sure if that's on purpose but I think its neat

mags spawn in more realistic quantities, mp5 mags are back and drum mags are rare(ish)

hitting zombies is better then its been for awhile, not the best, but a lot better

doors are random state,, except a few that always seem closed(single floor bunker exterior door)

zombies take a little more to kill now, two hits with a fireaxe,, it's nice actually

flash bangs spawn in low-rise barracks now, which is nice, means more people will have and use them.

I like the naked spawn, bug or not, both me and the gf liked having to scrounge for our very first clothing items, looked like homeless peeps for the first 15 minutes or so XD, but yeah IMHO if you want to add a couple rare spawns that are better locations but the trade off is you start with nothing at all,, well that would just be awesome

the purge has made the airports HOTLY contested, its the most small scale action I can remember seeing since December, almost everyone in every (fresh) server seems to be at the airport, its the kind of end game fighting I have hoped for, every person on their own quest the same locations to find the same few power items, I know this will die off in the next day or two, but if you could figure out a way to keep people going to the same place like this in the future that'd be sweet, its the main benefit infestation has over dayz, with unlimited secure storage there's always more that can be had, so people keep going back to the military loot nodes over and over to grab more and more stuff, it ensures conflict, hats off if you figure out how that can be done in dayz

devs, is there a reason floored tents and helicopters get bugged almost every patch? it seems super common, is there something special about these loot nodes that make them so delicate?

Oh and I'm drooling over the promise of the SVD, PLEASE keep us updated on that

Edited by commanderbash

I have been absolutely loving 0.49.124971! The map changes kept me busy documenting for quite some time and I had to cover like half the map several times over. The game feels different somehow -- in a good way. Different even than the 0.49 build that came before it on Experimental.

• Like 2

I dunno, I like it so far but kind of think the distribution of the snacky shakeys is a bit overdone. 

So has anyone found any static crash sites at all? or are they spawning in random spots like the smoking helis now?

Went by the old site on the road to Sevtlo today, nothing there but a pile of garbage..

Well, i'm an idiot. I spawned with a new character, immediately found a stun wand and a crawler. I tried to use the stun wand to fight the zombie and it had no effect. I kept trying, thinking I was doing something wrong, and finally, I died. After reading your post, I see what I did wrong. 

No batteries!  :blush:

Two hits with a stun baton kills a zed, first hit will knock them down.  Same with cattle prod BUT BEWARE the cattle prod, it eats your battery FAST (two kills of zeds max) where the Stun Baton is a bit more durable (4-5 zed kills, keep licking that battery!!).  I love the stun baton against zeds, it's much faster than any other melee weapon given that it knocks them down first and when you hit them again they are dead, the hoppers though may do a big leap when they get the first jolt.   I have been carrying 2 extra batteries.

Biggest thing I'm having an issue with are these lack of vehicle loot spawns. It's completely changed how and where I travel along the map. Some places I don't even bother going to, and just goes to show that if the spawning variety of loot isn't there...there are simply places no player will go because where once was opportunity...now is nothing. 

I am not too sure how to take this either, I keep checking though, just because they are not the supermarket they once were does not mean they will spawn nothing ever.  I have noticed that the good old Muscovitch 412's still spawn stuff, so it gives me hope.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

break legs-insta death in fire house is still here. Interesting, this is first time I experience that and I play since december.

Bro it's not hackers, you just assume that when you can't see where you get shot from you think it's hacker. lol

And you can't say it's not hackers. My clans server is ranked in the top 10 most of the time and has been #1 in the world a few times, and I can tell you with absolute fact, really popular always full servers are "Full" of hackers, seriously.

are the helicopter spawns changed?  Cannot find in Balota or NW, been looking for hours

Dynamic Heli Crashes are spawning. But the new Russian crashes are bugged as they do not smoke and are a little sunk in the ground, making them very hard to find. Best place to try, right outside VMC, in the field between VMC and Industrial/Chimney. Had the new Russian Heli spawn there 3 times now.

Does persistence work?

No not yet. This was in the patch notes. Private server owners can "Opt-in" for persistence to try it out, until it is rolled out for all servers in the next month or two. But no one seems to be able to find out how you Opt-in. It's still buggy basically.

Found a smoking loot spawning heli crash site!!! it was dynamic so i doubt you'll see it here often but some of you may recognize this field for those not willing to watch the video i found an m4 with 4 c lips and an optics, a flashbang , and a helmet just at one dynamic crash ! : 

Edit : just realized these arent the new ones =( but still great stuff in one run !

Edited by Grapefruit kush

The shotgun finally became the hot smoking gun it was supposed to be. Shot it at a zombie and I got a instant nerdgasm. That sound. That power. That realistic range...

After stayed off  DayZ for 6 months. After patch 0.49 I started a next try. Works fine so far. Only one thing doesn't. I can't prone anymore. It is regardless wich key I bind to that function. It won't work. Anyone else had such problems?

Direx

Now that was fun:

Been with 2 friends at Balota airfield (now featuring no tents - I've cried like 10 minutes), searching the buildings. Went up the tower, when suddenly one of my friend screamed. He told us immediately that his arm was broken, he's leaking like a BP oilplatform and has fallen unconscious. Two seconds later he was dead. I turned around, and saw something veeeery funny and irritating:

An axe, 10 inches above the ground. It rose to 50 inches above the ground, then "turned" towards me and approached slowly... I was screaming "CHEATER!" - and we got off that f*cking airfield in 10 seconds flat.

Can we please, please, please, pretty-please-with-sugar-on-top-drizzled-with-honey-and-sprinkles get rid of those bloody kiddies? BattleEye obviously isn't up to the task : (

Anyways, new military camp near Miškino doesn't spawn military loot? 

I only found water bottles and Gorka helmet visor. 

Can anyone confirm this?

Can we please, please, please, pretty-please-with-sugar-on-top-drizzled-with-honey-and-sprinkles get rid of those bloody kiddies? BattleEye obviously isn't up to the task : (

You Crazy man!!! PSST! its not allowed to discuss about hacking in dayz in this forum! You are only allowed to report the hack in direct message to an admin, if you know how the hack works (LOL). Man guess your post will be deleted like all other topics getting locked about this issue!

• Like 2

Ehh, fist melee is even more broken in this patch than before. I had to swing 15 times before I could get a single hit on a still-standing zombie. Whilst I managed to get that one hit, I was beaten to death by the zombie.

Try using a different weapon. From my experience, situtation atm:

Fists - ok

Axes - good

Hoe - good

Shovel - ok

Baseball bat - terrible

Pitchfork - useless

I only found water bottles and Gorka helmet visor. 

gorka helmet visor? what is this?

Try using a different weapon. From my experience, situtation atm:

Fists - ok

Axes - good

Hoe - good

Shovel - ok

Baseball bat - terrible

Pitchfork - useless

I've tried everything man.

Fists - were good before, broken now.

Axes - best

Farming Hoe - just as good as axe, but not so nice from visual point of view.

All the rest - terrible.

I've tried everything man.

Fists - were good before, broken now.

Axes - best

Farming Hoe - just as good as axe, but not so nice from visual point of view.

All the rest - terrible.

Hm... let me add to that:

Crowbar - Forget it

Pipe wrench - Don't even bother

• Like 1

Bro it's not hackers, you just assume that when you can't see where you get shot from you think it's hacker. lol

I was in the bathroom of a barrack at NWA yesterday with the door closed and someone shot me through the wall.

My thoughts about this update:

Assault rifles or any other military weapon and ammo is pretty rare. Actually almost everything good is rare now. I think they kinda need to work on this centralized loot economy cause at the moment it's screwed up a bit. They shouldn't have released this update to stable yet. It was too soon and with too many bugs. It rains too damn often, fires don't do shit and the devs seem to think that if there are lack of good weapons and items players will hold hands and help eachother. WRONG. I had to kill a guy and take his raincoat, I had to kill another guy to get his AKM, then killed another for his backpack. Less weapons won't make people more friendly but on the contrary there will be even more killing. And I also don't like this idea of certain items only spawning in certain places just because they are better(i.e SMERSH, M4, FNX...). IMO they should appear in any military area with a reduced spawn chance. 

The hypothermia and all this stuff would have been better off been added after they had vehicles in. Oh and nice job with adding sounds for the rabbit when he's running, I think it's cute ^_^

Edited by raynor009

Someone have problems with Game freezes and FPS frops? After update my game is crazy, i just running and exploring map but allways get this issue, i change my video textures to 512mb and solve this, but after 5min again same problem, change again textures to 1G and fine... 5minutes later again freezes, fps goes down (7/8 fps) and i need change textures to 512 or 258mb...

Update is really good, but im have this freezes and them just ruin my game experience :(

• Like 1