roguetrooper

Do you carry a handgun when you have an automatic rifle?

Ideally, I'd carry an assault rifle for close quarters combat. A longhorn for appropriate mid-distance sniping and an amphibia to shoot at zombies with.

I carry an SKS with a PU scope. Not the best thing to clear a room with. I carry a magnum for those occasions

Never carry more then one gun, I find it wasteful. I feel hand guns can improve significantly if they worked like primarys.  They should go behind you back, tucked into your pants (Or tapped to your back aka ductape for sneakiness) instead of in your backpack or pants shirt etc... It is a wast of space. All guns should have primary type approach. 

I'll only ever have a pistol if for some reason I can't find a rifle, I'd rather a sks over and gun in game (atm) any day of the week.

you don't need the best, you need something you can use.

Never carry more then one gun, I find it wasteful. I feel hand guns can improve significantly if they worked like primarys.  They should go behind you back, tucked into your pants (Or tapped to your back aka ductape for sneakiness) instead of in your backpack or pants shirt etc... It is a wast of space. All guns should have primary type approach. 

What.

Do.....do you know how firearms work?

1) How you put a handgun...ah....."behind your back"?. What does that even mean?

2) If you stuff a handgun down your pants, you deserve to blow your balls off. Hell, go ahead, clean out the gene pool a bit.

3) Again, what? What do you mean by "sneakiness"?

We have a chest holster for a REASON. Handguns are the only thing that can go into them, so they don't "waste space".

Aye but chest holsters cant be in worn combination over assault vests, IIRC, so it's still kind of a waste of space.

Aye but chest holsters cant be in worn combination over assault vests, IIRC, so it's still kind of a waste of space.

But those vests also easily have enough space to handle that handgun in addition to everything else you need.

It's only really a waste of space to those who take guns that they never use, anyone who's playstyle involves the use of handguns is clearly going to use things to help that, whereas people that don't use a secondary will focus on the primary.

I've always carried the FNX-45 as a secondary, although I've only been "forced" (i.e. running out of M4A1/AKM/SKS, [or MP5K more recently] ammo) to use it a few times, otherwise it's just been for clearing, shooting for fun, or just using it over the rifle for the hell of it.

Always carry a handgun where possible in addition to my main.

Somtimes you just gotta whip one out in a blink.  Sometimes i need the extra ROF.

Sometimes i just like running through elektro like dirty harry putting large holes in zombies.

This isn't RL and switching weapons takes about twice as long as it does in RL so no I, never carry  a side arm when I have a automatic. If say I have a Mosin then yes I, carry one.

Aren't we supposed to be civilians in DayZ? Switching weapons takes plenty of time if you dont have a holster (even depends on the holster) and a rifle sling (or you just drop your rifle).

I carry a .22 amphibia for the Zeds as its the lowest noise maker, until they sort out the problem for the silencer of the FNX as the .45 is a subsonic round anyway.

Either the CZ or the FNX for house/ building clearance, as a ricochet from a rifle round often offends and then an AKM for my primary.

What.

Do.....do you know how firearms work?

1) How you put a handgun...ah....."behind your back"?. What does that even mean?

2) If you stuff a handgun down your pants, you deserve to blow your balls off. Hell, go ahead, clean out the gene pool a bit.

3) Again, what? What do you mean by "sneakiness"?

We have a chest holster for a REASON. Handguns are the only thing that can go into them, so they don't "waste space".

Taped to your back like Die hard the movie... and that's what I also mean about sneakiness, If one guy holds you up from the front, you take your clothes off, and wait for the prefect moment to wipe it out.

And chest holders replace the vest thing that holds 8 spots... wast of space.  

I used to carry a .357 until it got ruined by a zed. Now I carry my trusty mosin Elisabeth and an AK101.

In the mod handguns had a much lower audible range to zombies, not sure if thats the case with SA. But they were essential there.

In the mod handguns also didn't take up inventory space 

if i have a pistol holster, i will. If i don't, i wont. Unless i have a Mosin, then i will obviously carry a pistol as well. I've stopped carrying 2 rifles tho. Like, if you have found 2, but have no ammo for either. I find that the one in your hand that you drop when you have to scale ladders or eat, tend to despawn a lot. I had a shotgun at one point, then found a crossbow. I had to get down a ladder, so i threw the shotgun down on the ground. It despawned on me.

if i have a pistol holster, i will. If i don't, i wont. Unless i have a Mosin, then i will obviously carry a pistol as well. I've stopped carrying 2 rifles tho. Like, if you have found 2, but have no ammo for either. I find that the one in your hand that you drop when you have to scale ladders or eat, tend to despawn a lot. I had a shotgun at one point, then found a crossbow. I had to get down a ladder, so i threw the shotgun down on the ground. It despawned on me.

See i was skeptical about this happening.  Went into Zeleno barracks but dropped my sks with no ammo outside.  Ran in found some SKS rounds, came out and it was gone.  I got spooked thinking someone had watched me put it down, stolen it and may be lurking waiting to scrape whatever else they wanted from my freshly topped-up corpse.  Tailed it out of there.

Now i read this :(

stil no sks.

i always make players drop their bags to check for concealed weapons. more often then not its a magnum or 1911

I keep mine in my pants/vest :3

yesss

check deep deep into my bag...

*reaches slowly into pants*

Edited by q.S Sachiel

Unfortunately the cool looking holster (esp when filled with a Magnum ^^) is useless when you have a vest since you can wear only one of both at a time (hope it will be fixed some time).

would rather have a thigh rig than a chest holster to be honest or a nice fobus paddle.

Unfortunately the cool looking holster (esp when filled with a Magnum ^^) is useless when you have a vest since you can wear only one of both at a time (hope it will be fixed some time).

I rarely have vests or ammo pouches. I am tired of making runs to the military bases just to get weapons weapons. It's just boring.

M4 (4 Magsx30 ) + mods in hand at all times
Mosin + LRS on back
1911 (3 Mag) Engraved in pocket.

Completely prepared for anything that i might come across.
If im in a town, i use the m4.
If im scouting I drop the m4 and swap to the mosin.
If someone walks up i pop out the 1911.

Even with holding all that in the crafted leather backpack you still have enough room to carry meds, food, water and ammo + space.

So.. there's this thing called punctuation.. fyi..

Yeah i know right?You should problably learn how to make a sentence before preaching aboit it.Also you off topic go troll else where.

How about a sawed off Mozin?

Would that and an ak be a good combo and would you put a scope on both or just the mozin?

Edited by Zombie Milkman