RAM-bo4250

You show me yours, I'll show you mine

Dude, stop posting bad ideas/pointless threads. And if you want to suggest something pertaining to DayZ, use the appropriate forum.

lol stats

Oh I know you aren't but what I meant is people would still take advantage of like like they did with the humanity system.  Whether or not it can only be seen by a 1v1 contact doesn't change the fact that someone could easily skew the stats just to get people to trust them and then easily take them out.  That's what makes DayZ so good, not knowing.  I don't care if the KoS'ers whine.  I don't care if the anti-KoS'ers whine.

I don't care either. You don't even have to use it if you want to be surprised. I am enthralled by the simplicity of the two questions in The Walking Dead. When those questions are asked by Rick and the chiefs (Daryl for one) I can just picture them scrutinizing the subject like a world class poker player their fellow players for any little tell that the subject is full of bull. My imagination. Oh well. Tis just a game.

Trust me. I have no delusions that it would even be implemented. Just saying.

And by the way... change the title of the thread already.. every time i read it i start to unzip my trousers...

Catchy isn't it. That's how advertising works.

Catchy isn't it. That's how advertising works.

Now i just curious if yours is bigger than mine...what you trying to "advertise" exactly ?  :huh:

Dude, stop posting bad ideas/pointless threads. And if you want to suggest something pertaining to DayZ, use the appropriate forum.

lol stats

Do you ever have anything constructive to say?

Who are you to judge what a bad or pointless idea is.

You now know I post bad and pointless threads, so I shouldn't have to bare with you from now on right? So avail yourself of the right not to have to read my threads and DON'T. 

You are a pain in the ass and a troll. Good day, sir.

• Like 1

Come on guys, your arguments are mostly built on misunderstanding. Invalidate my argument. 

NOONE LIKES YOUR IDEA. 

There, argument invalidated. 

Moving on... 

NOONE LIKES YOUR IDEA. 

There, argument invalidated. 

Moving on... 

No one said you did. All I ask for is a little intelligence to invalidate my idea. Obviously I havn't found any with you.

To all.

If you want to discuss. Fine. If you want to criticize my idea. Fine.

If you want to be a troll and display your ignorance for all the world to see then move on and avail yourself of your right not to read my garbage. 

I'm for the game showing how long you have been alive, how many zombie kills and how many player kills as well as other stats. Steam badges would be cool. But outside of game play. Like in the menu area. I also don't think there should be a leaderboard. Just for the player to see.

BUT, I do not think it should be included with the game play itself, I believe it would take away immersion. Part of what makes DayZ cool, is when you meet a random stranger...you dont know who fuck your dealing with. It really adds the feeling of post apoc paranoia which is what makes DayZ SA specail. It should completly up to the players to decide if they trust someone or not. Not a game stat mechanic. I want it to be an organic exp. No infeirence from stats during game play at all.

Look KOSing is part of DayZ! it will stay appart of dayz. Get over it! Learn to survive and adapt. Learn how to not be a victim of it. Check areas out before you enter, look for opened doors zombie agro, dead people laying around ect ect. Dont ask this training wheel stat stuff. Getting really tired of hearing all this KOS this KOS that bullshit! Of cource players don't trust each other! Of cource players are paranoid! Of cource people will start shooting at the drop of hat! ITS A ZOMBIE APOC! Its Gameplay Immersion! Buggy as Dayz is, and all the issues it has...its the one thing it really does well and makes it specail.

Hey this game isn't for everyone, its not everyone cup of tea....thats fine. In fact I will be the 1st one to admit, I often take breaks from it, if there bugs I don't like ect ect. Sometimes I just feel like playing other games. But I will never ask to have it watered down.

End of Rant! LOLOL

Edited by CJFlint

I'm for the game showing how long you have been alive, how many zombie kills and how many player kills as well as other stats. Steam badges would be cool. But outside of game play. Like in the menu area. I also don't think there should be a leaderboard. Just for the player to see.

BUT, I do not think it should be included with the game play itself, I believe it would take away immersion. Part of what makes DayZ cool, is when you meet a random stranger...you dont know who fuck your dealing with. It really adds the feeling of post apoc paranoia which is what makes DayZ SA specail. It should completly up to the players to decide if they trust someone or not. Not a game stat mechanic. I want it to be an organic exp. No infeirence from stats during game play at all.

Look KOSing is part of DayZ! it will stay appart of dayz. Get over it! Learn to survive and adapt. Learn how to not be a victim of it. Check areas out before you enter, look for opened doors zombie agro, dead people laying around ect ect. Dont ask this training wheel stat stuff. Getting really tired of hearing all this KOS this KOS that bullshit! Of cource players don't trust each other! Of cource players are paranoid! Of cource people will start shooting at the drop of hat! ITS A ZOMBIE APOC! Its Gameplay Immersion! Buggy as Dayz is, and all the issues it has...its the one thing it really does well and makes it specail.

Hey this game isn't for everyone, its not everyone cup of tea....thats fine. In fact I will be the 1st one to admit, I often take breaks from it, if there bugs I don't like ect ect. Sometimes I just feel like playing other games. But I will never ask to have it watered down.

And of Rant! LOLOL

CJ,

You have clearly not read this thread in it's entirety. The points you bring up aren't even valid with the way I feel. I think you've read the cover and back page of this book and skipped the content. This is the problem with forums. A person can jump in and respond at any time. That's fine and allowed but each and every point you have put forth is assumed by you. This is not even close to a I hate KOS thread. Or butthurt thread at all. If you've read any thread at all of mine, you would understand that, even jumping in the middle here.

Without any intention to do so, you may have just derailed my thread. I will give you the benefit of the doubt that it was not intentional. I can not make arguments for or against non-arguments.

I'm in two minds as to the stat system. On the one hand, I agree that stats are evil. On the other, I see Rambo's points about the deliberately limited application of such stats. KOSers will KOS anyway, non-KOSers could benefit somewhat, in a way which may be misleading (which is good).

On one thing I fully agree with Rambo - in DayZ, we've got waaay fewer tools to assess a stranger's trustworthiness than in RL. There are tens of facial muscles put to work when you smile, and one of them doesn't work if you smile in an artificial, out-of-politeness way. And we as humans have evolved to spot that. People like blunce say to use your judgment - sure you do, but the options are just so limited. So let's say the other guy is looking around, which leads you to believe he's a dodgy type. In reality, you could at least approximate how nervous he is, guess if he's trying to spot your companions or looking around for his. Does he have that 'crazy look'? Is he nodding or smiling in a nice way? Do his eyes constantly wander to the gun on your hip? Are his palms sweating? It's so much easier to lie in DayZ, to pretend to be a newb or something just before going for your jugular. In reality, more stuff would blow your cover, be it blood stains on your shirt (good idea!) or saliva at your mouth.

So yeah, I believe that Rambo is really on to something here. The fact that stats are misleading only adds to the pros of this system. On the other hand - goddamn numbers...

CJ,

You have clearly not read this thread in it's entirety. The points you bring up aren't even valid with the way I feel. I think you've read the cover and back page of this book and skipped the content. This is the problem with forums. A person can jump in and respond at any time. That's fine and allowed but each and every point you have put forth is assumed by you. This is not even close to a I hate KOS thread. Or butthurt thread at all. If you've read any thread at all of mine, you would understand that, even jumping in the middle here.

Without any intention to do so, you may have just derailed my thread. I will give you the benefit of the doubt that it was not intentional. I can not make arguments for or against non-arguments.

Your thread been derailed before I even got here.

My point is simple no stats ingame period, it takes away from Immersion. Simple to understand. Although I don't mind them in the menu. What the hell is this show me your if you show me mine LOL HAHAHA Do you really think that would apply in DayZ? It would not. Do you ever play on packed servers? People aint got time to be looking at each others stats.There busy trying not to get shot...or getting shot. Man I don't even bother talking to people I don't let alone want to see the stats...My god.  Maybe in a different game.

Edited by CJFlint

Man I don't even bother talking to people I don't let alone want to see the stats...My god.  Maybe in a different game.

Then you wouldn't be bothered by the stats in a slightest way. Noone who doesn't want to see them, has to.

Your thread been derailed before I even got here.

My point is simple no stats ingame period, it takes away from Immersion. Simple to understand. Although I don't mind them in the menu. What the hell is this show me your if you show me mine LOL HAHAHA Do you really think that would apply in DayZ? It would not. Do you ever play on packed servers? People aint got time to be looking at each others stats.There busy trying not to get shot...or getting shot. Man I don't even bother talking to people I don't let alone want to see the stats...My god.  Maybe in a different game.

Do you feign indignation here? I sense it. Why, did I catch you doing something disrespectful and unthoughtful? Like answering a thread that you didn't fully read or understand? TL;DR. And people thought the Devs using Alpha was bad. Don't forget to throw a tantrum now that you've been caught and exposed. Your behavior, like a lot of other people, is rude. Just not as obnoxious.

Edited by RAM-bo4250

It is quite simply not a good idea.  First off, it breaks the immersion and authenticity of an encounter.  Let me remind you, immersive authenticity is a major goal of the devs.  I understand you want to implement a "body language" replacement, but this is not the way to go.  You use body language to read people; in fact, you already CAN in DayZ.  The way they talk, they way the move, any interaction is a clue to their true morals and intentions.  I take pride in my skill and success of reading other players.  It is something learned with experience (and at least for me, formal education as well), and I would hate to marginalize the few intangible skill sets applicable to DayZ.

Plus, how do you imagine this will go down?  Joe meets Steve.  Steve asks Joe for stats.  How does it work?  Does Steve have to click several buttons for a dialogue box to appear, asking Joe if he wants to reveal his stats or not?  This is akin to something out of Fallout or Skyrim, and thus arcadey.  Or, on the other hand, do you run up to them and choose "ask," a la taking a pulse?  If this was the case, good luck... Strangers will hardly stand still to let you take their pulse, let alone stand still to be asked and then answer a question.  On the third hand (foot?), maybe you simply ask them in chat.  BUT WAIT.  YOU ALREADY CAN.  You already can ask them if they are friendly.  For this system to be any sort of good (which it is not), there would be an option to lie.  But guess what, when you ask someone if they are friendly, they already CAN lie.

Thus, we are left with 2 situations.  An arcadey dialogue or sequence of buttons which breaks immersion, or the already implemented voice chat.  In other words, your idea is either against a central pillar of the game, or pointless; pick your poison.

edit: typos galore.

Edited by doctajones
  • Like 1

I actually like this idea. I think it was in one of the sub-mods that there was a notebook with a kill count? You could flip through different pages and tally up your kills, either zombies, players, etc. As well as your time being alive.

RAM-bo4250, on 12 Sept 2014 - 07:40 AM, said:

I totally don't understand what you are saying. Care to clarify? Your right, this isn't CoD - a PvP game. It also is not Rust - a PvE game. It is Dayz - a PvPE game.

The argument against is that it is totally outside the reality of the game. You ask me I say I have killed 300 zombies and 5 humans. How do you know I am lying or not?

I actually like this idea. I think it was in one of the sub-mods that there was a notebook with a kill count? You could flip through different pages and tally up your kills, either zombies, players, etc. As well as your time being alive.

Were other players able to see this?

The argument against is that it is totally outside the reality of the game. You ask me I say I have killed 300 zombies and 5 humans. How do you know I am lying or not?

The OP thinks he's been illuminated with the greatest idea to ever hit DayZ, and he won't let anyone's rational arguments stand in the way of his triumphant enlightenment. 

It's not much about KOS as it is about wanting to make a decision to trust someone. Nothing is immersion breaking because you don't have to participate in it. It's not mandatory. It's optional.

The implementing device would be a button click on the part of the asked player (ie: F10 reveal stats) if he wants to. He can do whatever he wants to do as is now the case. Shoot, remain silent, run off. This system is not directed at KOSers. It is directed at the player who wants to not have a reason to KOS. A persons stats will only be revealed in a voluntary manner. Never in a forced situation (even when that player is dead).

Chepaco, on 12 Sept 2014 - 2:24 PM, said:

The OP thinks he's been illuminated with the greatest idea to ever hit DayZ, and he won't let anyone's rational arguments stand in the way of his triumphant enlightenment. 

Even if implemented it would mean nothing. Get me a decent amount of ammo and with the endless spawning zombies I could rack up a massive number of zombie kills in 15 minutes that would make me rank as a saint. Heck even without ammo I could do the same using a axe in just a few minutes longer.

Do you feign indignation here? I sense it. Why, did I catch you doing something disrespectful and unthoughtful? Like answering a thread that you didn't fully read or understand? TL;DR. And people thought the Devs using Alpha was bad. Don't forget to throw a tantrum now that you've been caught and exposed. Your behavior, like a lot of other people, is rude. Just not as obnoxious.

I don't like your idea it just dosn't make since. It dosn't match the realitys in the game on a packed server period. Serously I played allot on packed servers, pvped and what have. Solo or grouped I cant think of one time.....one time were I thought about or wanted to trade stats with someone.

Your missing the point of human interaction DayZ. There should be a mystery about people you meet randomly, trust should be earned over time. DayZ should be a scary, place were you have to look over shoulder. The idea you have is basicly watering it down.

Look DayZ SA currently has allot bug issues. Lets not confuse the Devs too about ok. They already have enough work.

You know I think you idea would work in like the City Life Arma 2 mod or something like that. Its not all bad, but it just dosn't fit DayZ SA.

I believe I have defined and described this suggestion sufficiently. If you wish to discuss it further, feel free. I will be following but I will not repeat my explanations any further. If you have something new I will respond.

To me the issue is dead. Overwhelming majority doesn't want anything like this. So be it. Not being able to trust anyone ever is kind of boring. Since I believe the goal of Dayz is to survive I guess I stay being a Lone wolfer. Because the only two ways to stay alive without being griefed killed is to travel alone not trusting anyone and travelling in a large group not trusting anyone. Grief kill=being unrealistically killed even after helping someone. Pyschologically, it's hard to kill even for righteous reasons. Killing for fun is damaging to pysche. This is not portrayed in games nor do I want such a complex issue portrayed.

no, we dont need epeen contests starting in this game, and that is the only thing that will come from having stats like that.

Was this totally necessary? I think it is a good idea. Is it the greatest since sliced bread? I think not. Why do you feel you need to insult me by calling me close minded? I'm defending my idea. What a cesspool this forum has become. I am so tired with having to deal with insults every other thread. Seeya all later.

Edited by RAM-bo4250