Sign in to follow this  
Baker.

Banned for no reason!

So I've spent the last few weeks heavily reading the forums again.....

Does anyone else find the prevalence of "i got banned for no reason I no hax!" threads are balanced only by the "BE does nothing screw you BI and BE!!!!!!!" threads? It confuses me as it seems there are as many threads about hackers getting banned as there is about hackers never ever getting caught.

Is it that we will just never be happy? Are we so juvenile that these forums have become a place to vomit every little thing that annoys us about anything that starts with a "d" and ends with a "z"?

Just something I noticed. 

• Like 2

well, people who think they are a lot better at the game than they really are always cry hacker when they die. that happens in a lot of games. the same goes for hackers who get caught, most of them go to the forums crying about unjust bans, even tho 99% of the time they end up being proven hackers. dayz is no different from other games for this kind of crap.

• Like 3

these forums have become a place to vomit

Yes.  It sucks.  :(

• Like 6

The full thing is a bit surreal for me...first...why anyone will want to hack in a game like DayZ ? There is not stats.. not tournaments...not sponsors ...not team matches...no one knows you name.. who you are...i mean, even the griefing thing is pointless when people don't even know who killed them....secondly ...why anyone cares if people hacks in a game like DayZ ?.. for the same reasons as i said before...

The full thing is a bit surreal for me...first...why anyone will want to hack in a game like DayZ ? There is not stats.. not tournaments...not sponsors ...not team matches...no one knows you name.. who you are...i mean, even the griefing thing is pointless when people don't even know who killed them....secondly ...why anyone cares if people hacks in a game like DayZ ?.. for the same reasons as i said before...

to fuck with people...nuf sed

I care if people hack because it makes the game unpleasant for other people. When I die to them, I just say screw it and keep going, but they ruin the already difficult experience of the game. Between bugs, glitches, running everywhere, and KoS, hackers are just another unpleasantness in our alpha version of the game.

Asking people why they care if others hack kinda makes me wonder if you've ever truly played this game...

I care if people hack because it makes the game unpleasant for other people. When I die to them, I just say screw it and keep going, but they ruin the already difficult experience of the game. Between bugs, glitches, running everywhere, and KoS, hackers are just another unpleasantness in our alpha version of the game.

Asking people why they care if others hack kinda makes me wonder if you've ever truly played this game...

I have... but most likely not like you play it  :P

Don't let my profile in this forums fool you... i have been in DayZ SA since the beginning. 

Edited by Cpanther

Don't let my profile in this forums fool you... i have been in DayZ SA since the beginning. 

Ermagerhd! That's like 9 months!

Just kidding.  :P

Ermagerhd! That's like 9 months!

Just kidding.  :P

Hey!! i just notice i haven't got banned from this forum yet... i getting better at this.... 

• Like 1

lol everyone that saw this thread definitely thought that OP legitimately got banned & came here to seek help  :lol:

Everyone was soooooo ready to flame..

I came to watch (:

• Like 2

lol everyone that saw this thread definitely thought that OP legitimately got banned & came here to seek help  :lol:

Everyone was soooooo ready to flame..

I came to watch (:

I was "just" about to start flaming..but then i decided to read the first 10 words.. good job that i did....

• Like 2

So I've spent the last few weeks heavily reading the forums again.....

Does anyone else find the prevalence of "i got banned for no reason I no hax!" threads are balanced only by the "BE does nothing screw you BI and BE!!!!!!!" threads? It confuses me as it seems there are as many threads about hackers getting banned as there is about hackers never ever getting caught.

Is it that we will just never be happy? Are we so juvenile that these forums have become a place to vomit every little thing that annoys us about anything that starts with a "d" and ends with a "z"?

Just something I noticed.

You need to read the posts better. Did you notice that every guy who got banned said they didnt mind buying Dayz again, but wanted to know if they could put the new dayz on their old Steam account. Because they have dozens of games on steam. So no, its not good news at all.

The point is...... You missed the proof that these hackers are not getting banned really. They are simply paying a fine ( buying dayz again and new steam account). And able to hack over and over again. Thats why hacking is out of control.

You need to read the posts better. 

No I don't think I do, as I didn't make any judgements one way or the other. The OP implores you to form your own opinion not make a judgement one way or the other on my motives for posting or my understanding of the state of hacking in DayZ. 

The point is...... You missed the proof that these hackers are not getting banned really.

Yes they are, their copy is null and void. All BI products under that account are null and void. Of course they can buy a new copy. Outside of RFID chips implanted at the time of purchase allowing them to buy a new copy is unavoidable. 

Thats why hacking is out of control.

By this logic, crimes are committed because all sentences are not life sentences, diseases exist because medicine does not instantly eradicate a virus from all hosts and carriers the second it touches the first cell.

By this logic hackers are buying dayz accounts by the hundreds! 

I will restate your point so I am clear: DayZ hacking is out of control because hackers get banned and have to buy new copies.

Edited by Bakermensch

That pretty much baffles my mind as well. Besides, your steam copy also gets branded by BattleEye (and maybe even VAC?) and you can't play on like 90% of servers - Game is ruined (and I have yet to meet a 'succesfull' hacker/script kiddie. It seems like every single one of them got caught in the end).

Like do these kids have access to unlimited amount of DayZ copies or something? Blowing 24 euros on every new copy.. that is still big money for a poor, working student like me, definitly not worth the 20 minutes of hacking douchebaggery. :D

Edited by Ceallach
  • Like 2

No I don't think I do, as I didn't make any judgements one way or the other. The OP implores you to form your own opinion not make a judgement one way or the other on my motives for posting or my understanding of the state of hacking in DayZ. 

Yes they are, their copy is null and void. All BI products under that account are null and void. Of course they can buy a new copy. Outside of RFID chips implanted at the time of purchase allowing them to buy a new copy is unavoidable. 

By this logic, crimes are committed because all sentences are not life sentences, diseases exist because medicine does not instantly eradicate a virus from all hosts and carriers the second it touches the first cell.

By this logic hackers are buying dayz accounts by the hundreds! 

I will restate your point so I am clear: DayZ hacking is out of control because hackers get banned and have to buy new copies.

I disagree with you.    Banned means like when you are banned from the NBA, or banned from the NFL.   Those are leagues that care enough about their integrity that when someone is banned, they cannot be a part of the league ever again.

If BE, Steam, and Bohemia want to use the word banned, they need to step up and actually use technology to find a way to truly ban someone from the game.   

Being allowed to purchase a new account means you pay a simple fine.    That's what fine means, it means,  OK, just pay a fine and everything is cool with us.

So no.   No one is getting banned in video games until some new company comes up with a clever way to ban someone like programs and leagues that care about integrity do.

A simple biometric screening, a drivers license requirement to purchase an account, etc....  There are 1,000 ways we can actually ban people, and until Bohemia wants to close loopholes, then BE is all we got and they can only temporarily ban people for the time it takes them to purchase the game again.

Edited by hothtimeblues

TBH other than the 'i got hacked can i still play if i buy again' threads that i saw more of in the past, from people who hacked the mod i haven't seen toooo many 'YUBANME' threads to bi.

I hope these people do load hacks onto their full to the brim steam account though, but you'd need to be an idiot if you did...

That said, all those SP steam games just get pirated and what not..

• Like 1

A simple biometric screening, a drivers license requirement to purchase an account, etc.... 

I'm speechless.

• Like 1

You should be speechless from the amount of hacking in this alpha. It is unprecedented.

If you have a better idea to reduce hacking other than closing loopholes in the game then please feel free to contribute. Preventing second and third dayz accounts by the same hackers will reduce overall hacking levels.

You should be speechless from the amount of hacking in this alpha. It is unprecedented.

If you have a better idea to reduce hacking other than closing loopholes in the game then please feel free to contribute. Preventing second and third dayz accounts by the same hackers will reduce overall hacking levels.

Dude I was out at "biometric screening". 

I do think that the hacking problem is wayyy overstated. The number of times I have surrounded one or two guys with my friends, when they fired on us or we tried to rob them and they end up going violent. When I hit one of them through a window or some such, they immediately cry hacker. I have encountered a number of dupers.... but I can think of only... maybe 4 hackers in total. Not counting people using the glitch to no-clip into housing blocks or ATC towers. over 291 hours to date mostly on stable in high population servers. 1 teleported, forcing our weapons away, holding my pistol to my head and being so slow that we almost got the drop on him with mosins till he ran away. 1 teleporter forcing my weapons away who beat me to death with a crowbar. 1 guy using a fully auto shotgun and teleporting. Another hopping from building to building in Novo with a mosin.

But I think the vast majority of people who cry hacker are simply sore over getting killed. People assume that players don't know where they are when they make plenty of noise. I've been accused of being a hacker because I knew were someone was in the novo penthouse. by listening for their footsteps to the right. I've also been accused of hacking because I shot a guy through a window to the 2nd floor of a terrace house and because I supposedly 'teleported' by running hell for leather around an area when 3 guys were chasing me and ended up behind them...

So I really encourage people not to cry hacker too often because it makes it impossible to see how great the problem really is.

• Like 2

Again you are going of on some weird hacking problem that your mind seems to be fixed on and won't let go...

"NBA", "A simple biometric screening" "the NFL" " a drivers license requirement to purchase an account",,,,what on earth are you talking about !!!!

You have made a Topic asking where to post blah, blah bla, you do not understand the words you read, do you !

You have read the last post in the now closed Hacking Topic, I explained in clear why it was closed and yet you needed to make a Topic asking something that did not need to be asked.

Now here you are again going off on some perverse off- topic direction that no one can follow, now to make thing worse you have the gall to report another member for making a completely reasonable and justified post, in a closed Topic that you refuse to get out of your troubled logic.

Another thing, you have quoted me several times over the last few days with comments that have no logic or relation to the origin, I have to ask myself, "does he understand the words he reads ?"

I've wasted more than enough time with you.

• Like 2