Foreign371

Why does everyone kill me?!

That shit pisses me off. DayZ is for players who just want to kill other players for fun. Today, after playing for 2 days I got to airport and I had Mosin Nagant with everything on it and about 200 rounds of ammo for it and I had magnum with a lot of ammo and then I climbed some building and one guy starts crying "Is anyone here my legs are broken, please help!" And I said I am here and he said he was in hangar and he passed out and I got down from the building and there was a guy with M4 and bunch of stuff shooting at me and he kills me and starts laughing like some fucking psycho. And that happens to me every time! I hate those players. 

Wow that situation is so cool actually.

Wow that situation is so cool actually.

No.. "cool" is wining a 1 Vs 5 round in CS:GO with only a pistol....This is... stupid.....

I only found one friendly person in the whole game who didnt try to kill me. 

Hey, don't look at me - I just do what the goats tell me.  They say "kill", I kill.

That is how the game is supposed to be played.

I thought you play the game how ever you want to...do they change the rules when i wasn't looking ?

• Like 2

I thought you play the game how ever you want to...do they change the rules when i wasn't looking ?

That's what I really wanted to say, thought u'd figure out :P

• Like 1

...whenever I get some gear I get to someone pretending to be friendly and shoots me! EVERY TIME!

Just bad luck. Today me (and 2 friends) met 3 different Players on the NW-airfield (one after the other) and everyone of them was friendly. The first weared a blue helmet with a red backpack, so we decided there are no snipers at the moment ( :P ). We changed ammuniton/magazines with him. The second had no gun at all, so we told him where the SKS is, we left back for the AKM and he was happy. And the third one was the admin of the server so we talked for a while with him. Was a real surprising day. :-)

(of course we have been cautious first, two of us stayed hidden and secured the third one, when we asked if the player is friendly ;) )

Edited by dirrly
  • Like 1

Ah the complaining. I love it so much. When little children cry and complain, and people bash and bash everyone else.

It's a very, random, and dangerous game. Protect yourself, join a group, don't run to every crying child to try and help.

Look for things that seem shifty, watch corners, move slow. Take care of yourself and your team first. It's a tactical game and is meant to be played with strategy and a certain level of cognitive function that most players seem to lack. You need to be careful, because one wrong move or turning one corner you didn't check, can lead to instant death. Snipers, Zombies, Crazy Bandits with nothing better to do. It's not a problem or something to cry about, it's part of the game and the dangerous world we call DayZ.

You have a low level of health, hunger and thirst, and even your blood levels are an issue. This isn't call of duty, this isn't battlefield. This isn't left 4 dead either. There are no rules beyond what the game allows to function. Kill or be killed. Survival. That's what this is all about. It's not a FPS Zombie Shooter, it's an Apocalypse Survival Simulator.

Some tips I can offer -

Check corners, use 3PV (Third Person View) when you can or on servers when it's allowed. Don't run into populated areas, if you hear someone hide. Don't run to calls of help, people use this often. I love when I'm stuck in a situation where there is a player in my way, and I know if I get in sight he'll kill me. So I call for help, something like "Hey, legs are broken, can you get me morphine?" then kill them. Now they're out of my way and I can keep going. Use your intelligence, surroundings, and equipment to your advantage.

KILL OR BE KILLED.

• Like 1

When the SA goes stable with whitelisting, look up a good RP community and join in. Until then, just let it slip, because the old days of constant killing is soon over.

maybe in your neighborhood but in my neighborhood we are all pretty much locked and loaded 24/7 and we would have the KoSer types hanging from the telephone poles in short order to server as a warning to other KoSer types. maybe you need to find a better neighborhood dude.

Let me tell you something,2 years ago some neqqas came to our hood bullyin some neqqas from our hood

Me and several more neighs' went out and kicked their asses.

We're all together in everything,but in Apocalypse,there are 2 rules you always need to know !

1. DON'T TRUST ANYONE

2. ALWAYS HAVE RULE 1 ON MIND

Let me tell you something,2 years ago some neqqas came to our hood bullyin some neqqas from our hood

We're all together in everything,but in Apocalypse,there are 2 rules you always need to know !

1. DON'T TRUST ANYONE

It speaks, but what language it speaks with ?

Edited by General Zod

1. DON'T TRUST ANYONE

Mh... and that you know from experiences of the last few apocalypses we had lately? :P

• Like 2

Mh... and that you know from experiences of the last few apocalypses we had lately? :P

Everyone is an Apocalypse expert in this game.  ;)

But seriously, the only thing that was even "close" to an Apocalypse was the Ice age.. and we humans didn't survive that by killing each other.

• Like 1

1. DON'T TRUST ANYONE

you have my deepest sympathies.

look at the response from the people who defend KoS.

Mostly low brow, inarticulate, and unimaginative excuses for knowing no other way to play.

look at the response from the people who defend KoS.

Mostly low brow, inarticulate, and unimaginative excuses for knowing no other way to play.

Wrong.

Give people resources to compete over, add weapons and it will inevitably result in kos. In today's society we live largely at peace because we do not have to fight over food, and there is a law above us.

Take that away and it's survival of the fittest again. Only than people will show you what they are capable of. 

And this is shown in dayz, players kill other because there are no consequences. 

• Like 1

Wrong.

Give people resources to compete over, add weapons and it will inevitably result in kos. In today's society we live largely at peace because we do not have to fight over food, and there is a law above us.

Take that away and it's survival of the fittest again. Only than people will show you what they are capable of. 

And this is shown in dayz, players kill other because there are no consequences. 

In the future, there may be significant consequences to make people think twice about killing arbitrarily.

Just adding more zombies will change the dynamic significantly.

I just bought the support version of this game and it won't launch. I double click DayZ icon and it prepares launch, the screen goes black for a second with a oversized process mouse icon, then goes back to desktop like nothing is supposed to be happening...help please?

Yes, but I don't think you can carry over the behaviour 1:1 to real life. Sure people would kill for food, if they don't have, but I don't think they would just kill for no reason or "fun". So there's still a difference between a game and real life.

And not to forget in real life there IS a consequence, when you attack somebody and get a bullet in your leg or break your arm while fighting. It's not like "let's start new, the last try to get food went wrong". ;-)

In the future, there may be significant consequences to make people think twice about killing arbitrarily.

Just adding more zombies will change the dynamic significantly.

There surely will, along with less ammunition, assault rifles being less common. But there aren't now. Someone even made a bold topic Face It - This game is PvE  which is hilarious because as of patch 0,48 there is no PvE in this game:

weather effects are not in yet

food is not scarce

water does not need to be purified

zeds are few in numbers

Where ? Where is that PvE ? The topic should be : Face It - This will at some point be mostly PvE  

Edited by General Zod

Better go to experimental then... i believe they testing the jerk difficulty level, i had a professional jerk following me around for 20 minutes to steal an apple and a farming hoe from me... in the end he killed me next to an axe in a house by an apple tree...

I got a zed to aggro on the one tailing me like that, then I bailed on him and left him to his fate. Another guy kept trying to talk to me, I kept trying to evade but he kept following me, so, I gave him a a pair of matching sucking chest wounds from my SKS. Leave me alone and I will leave you alone. Edited by Barnabus

There surely will, along with less ammunition, assault rifles being less common. But there aren't now. Someone even made a bold topic Face It - This game is PvE  which is hilarious because as of patch 0,48 there is no PvE in this game:

weather effects are not in yet

food is not scarce

water does not need to be purified

zeds are few in numbers

Where ? Where is that PvE ? The topic should be : Face It - This will at some point be mostly PvE  

Soooo, if you have your heart set on constant geared PvP.... you'll "soon" find yourself playing the wrong game.

Nobody (at this point) can rightly say what the final balance of DayZ will play like but I am fairly confident it will not be a balance that favors constant KoS.

Don't kid yourself, KoS is still a choice and a lazy one in my opinion.

That same experience you rinse and repeat can be found in any number of games where you actually have real competition with the same weapons head to head.

Therein lies the sad fact, most people who PvP in DayZ are not interested in a skilled battle, but merely want to grief and have no patience to search for thier own gear..

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 3

Soooo, if you have your heart set on constant geared PvP.... you'll "soon" find yourself playing the wrong game.

Nobody (at this point) can rightly say what the final balance of DayZ will play like but I am fairly confident it will not be a balance that favors constant KoS.

Don't kid yourself, KoS is still a choice and a lazy one in my opinion.

That same experience you rinse and repeat can be found in any number of games where you actually have real competition with the same weapons head to head.

Therein lies the sad fact, most people who PvP in DayZ are not interested in a skilled battle, but merely want to grief and have no patience to search for thier own gear..

I adapt. 

Don't kid yourself KoS is far less lazy choice than being a hippie pacifist avoiding high population areas while coming here to whine about getting killed. 

KoS players must put effort into getting good gear, and when they do and enter combat with it they do excel at surviving not to lose it. One lost mosin round and that's it you're done, the difference is that KoS player does not avoid places where snipers operate. Much more difficult than staying off the radar in a remote location. 

And combat in DayZ is far more skilled battle than any other FPS, because do respawn with nothing, not the mention that the last argument is just stupid. You are suggesting that KoSers users other people gear ? As in they spawn as a bambi and kill geared players for their gear ? Well than either the geared players is a moron and a looser at surviving or the KoSer is Superman of this game. 

I adapt. 

Don't kid yourself KoS is far less lazy choice than being a hippie pacifist avoiding high population areas while coming here to whine about getting killed. 

KoS players must put effort into getting good gear, and when they do and enter combat with it they do excel at surviving not to lose it. One lost mosin round and that's it you're done, the difference is that KoS player does not avoid places where snipers operate. Much more difficult than staying off the radar in a remote location. 

And combat in DayZ is far more skilled battle than any other FPS, because do respawn with nothing, not the mention that the last argument is just stupid. You are suggesting that KoSers users other people gear ? As in they spawn as a bambi and kill geared players for their gear ? Well than either the geared players is a moron and a looser at surviving or the KoSer is Superman of this game. 

You pigeon holed every survivor with your statements, something I at least made some effort not to do to KoS'rs in mine.

How do you know where I go and where I avoid? I loot everywhere, you basically have to, I just see you before you see me, or watch from the treeline as you play grab ass with another murderer and avoid the whole shootin' match. Surviving more peacefully is just more boring to you, so you commit murders.

In my opinion it is far easier to camp, snipe (or attack), kill or die, repeat; than the hours of scouring and searching a non-aggressive player needs to make (all the while repeling zombies, murderers, bandits, et al).

And combat in DayZ is far more skilled battle than any other FPS, because do respawn with nothing

Actually, this is the stupid statement. That doesn't make COMBAT more skilled. Combat requiring more skill would require an opponent of equal or greater skill using the same equipment.

Yes I do suggest that many KoS proponents merely kill for gear mixed with their need for "tears", it's been that way since the mod. I cannot tell you how many times I've read, "Why should I waste my time searching and looting when I can just try to kill someone and take their stuff".

As in they spawn as a bambi and kill geared players for their gear ?

It's usually not a complete bambi that does this sort of thing and you know it.

They find a single rifle or any weapon and just throw caution to the wind (FOR THE MOST PART), so I like to think that you knew what I meant and now you're just grasping at straws really.

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 3