d.walker43

The Communitys Official Vehicle/Vehicle Idea Thread Version 1.5 (Now with constantly changing polls!)

Official Vehicle Thread Poll Questions  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see completely improvised vehicles?

• Yes! I should be able to make a bike out of a car tire, a unicycle and some sticks.
    • Sure, I should be able to make a go-kart out of some car tires, welded pipes, and some plywood.
    • Sure, I should be able to add a machine gun, sheet-metal armor, extra suspension, and airbrushed paintjobs to an already existing car.
    • Dont care either way.
    • No, should only be able to change out tires, spark plugs, etc. for identical parts.
    • No, cars must be found perfectly working, and if a tire goes out then you need a new car.
    • I dont want vehicles at all.
  2. 2. Thoughts on military vehicles?

• Yes! I should be able to find tanks and AC-130s easier then normal cars.
    • Sure, include tanks and such but make them incredibly rare.
    • I like military vehicles, but the extent should be a hum-vee with a .50 cal on top, or a chopper with guns mounted to sides.
    • No, MAYBE have the occasional extremely rare hum-vee without gun, or transport truck or something.
    • No, there should be only civilian vehicles.
    • military vehicles should be about equally as common as civilian vehicles (this option should be between 1 and 2)
  3. 3. How many vehicles should there be?

• There should be working vehicles around every corner.
    • There should be many vehicles everywhere, with about a 50/50 ratio of working to non-working
    • vehicles should be common in large cities, but fairly rare in smaller cities and villages. Most vehicles found should be working.
    • Many vehicles should be in large cities,rare in smaller cities and villages. Most vehicles found should be non-working.
    • Vehicles fairly rare everywhere, but most of ones found should be working.
    • vehicles fairly rare everywhere, most found should be non-working.
    • ADDED OPTION: vehicles rarer in rural areas, very common in cities in the form of large traffic jams, some cars working and some not. These areas filled with zombies so they are very hard to access, but vehicles are common there.

And I really hope the "self propelled howitzer" was a joke, if it is added I just might quit playing :P

Yes and no - I can see it work under certain very specific circumstances (extreme rarity of parts/supplies and a realistic implementation of the vehicle itself). Might work much better than a battle tank or IFV because of its innate clunkiness (if its still to practical use a towed howitzer instead). In any way it would probably work as some kind of mythological vehicle with chances of every seing a working one being extremely close to zero and its main impact being merely the pure theoretical possibility (quite similar to players behaving differently because they know there could always be a sniper nearby).

But in the end it was meant as a joke more than anything else - especially when calling it a utility vehicle. :D

A nice feature I'd like to see added once vehicles are in is the abilty to push vehicles.

This would be handy if the vehicle runs out of fuel or an engine breakdown. Obviously this has a downside too as those pushing become vulnerable to attacks. Another implementation could be the more players pushing the vehicle the faster or easier it becomes.

• Like 2

A nice feature I'd like to see added once vehicles are in is the abilty to push vehicles.

This would be handy if the vehicle runs out of fuel or an engine breakdown. Obviously this has a downside too as those pushing become vulnerable to attacks. Another implementation could be the more players pushing the vehicle the faster or easier it becomes.

great, will add to list. sort of fits in with someone else suggestion of having gears and such, so you could switch it into neutral and push. would obviously be easier to push something like a ATV then a full size truck or SUV or something.

• Like 1

So even though it was a joke, could the TIV be added as a joke option?  :P  It is after all just a pickup truck that's been armored for the most part.

Or have it labeled "Armored pickup truck" or something. 

For a different option for the extereme off-road...

Hunting trucks?

ex minitrucks / Kei trucks-  (which are also cheap, so I'd be surprised not to see at least a few in a realistic scenario)

mini-japanese-truck-w-tracks.jpg

mini-truck-snow-plow-1.jpg

mini_hunting_vehicles.jpg

Or the Boss Hunting Truck  (which is a aftermarket Hummer H1 conversion)

4748d1374097692t-boss-hunting-truck-can-

enhanced-buzz-7969-1374370464-6.jpg

There's also the Critter-getter which has been nicknamed the "Ultimate zombie hunting vehicle."

18n72bro9vy75jpg.jpg

Edited by Evaris
  • Like 1

So even though it was a joke, could the TIV be added as a joke option?  :P  It is after all just a pickup truck that's been armored for the most part.

Or have it labeled "Armored pickup truck" or something. 

For a different option for the extereme off-road...

Hunting trucks?

ex minitrucks / Kei trucks-  (which are also cheap, so I'd be surprised not to see at least a few in a realistic scenario)

Or the Boss Hunting Truck  (which is a aftermarket Hummer H1 conversion)

There's also the Critter-getter which has been nicknamed the "Ultimate zombie hunting vehicle."

Liked the ideas, I added the first 2. the last one seemed a bit unrealistic, but I loved the 1st 2, especially the first one. good suggestions.

Not too much american vehicles. Remember this is an ex-soviet state, a 2nd world country where they basically despise american cars. 

Personally I'd like to see soviet-state limousines, such as the GAZ M13, GAZ M14 or ZiL. 

19f1ld9quubj1jpg.jpg

Other vehicles that would fit the scene but dont really have prio for me;

ural 4320 truck ( the one from the mod ) -

Ural-4320_-_TankBiathlon2013-33.jpg

UAZ van 

UAZ_452_front_q.jpg

UAZ jeep 

uaz-469-4x4-field-car-uaz-3710_5ac18.jpg

Lada Niva 

Lada_Niva_front_20080228.jpg

these are all very common in todays russia and would be very likely to see them in chernarus in whatever state.

Edited by Grodon
  • Like 4

URAL-4320

toyota hilux

Land rover defender

UAZ-469

UAZ, land rover and humvee to be able to be stripped down and to mount gunner positions on them.

E.G.bg-army-special-forces-sov-update-6.jpg

lr110sasods.jpguazdshkm.jpg

Obviously not with the AT launchers and stuff but an idea of stuff you could attach/detach, like spare wheels, bags, etc

• Like 2

Well I'd like for pretty much any car to be able to become a technical.  From a Skoda with a hole cut in the roof with an AKM duck taped to a broom handle to a Up armored Humvee with a M240 mounted properly.

• Like 2

Im not going to quote all of the ideas above, but ill try and add them all to the list at some point. good ideas, keep them coming.

Greetings, I think it would be nice to see a throw back soviet BA-30 half track.  Could be one per server rusted and beat to piss that operates medium range on/off road.  Turret would not be functional just for looks as its rust locked from sitting on a farm. Would require double the parts to repair as it is quite a beast. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BA-30

• Like 1

Greetings, I think it would be nice to see a throw back soviet BA-30 half track.  Could be one per server rusted and beat to piss that operates medium range on/off road.  Turret would not be functional just for looks as its rust locked from sitting on a farm. Would require double the parts to repair as it is quite a beast. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BA-30

good, ill add it to list. also like the fact that the turret will be non-functional if added, as if it were KOS would skyrocket.

Edited by d.walker43
  • Like 1

Soviet Gaz-46 amphibious car-thing

It'd have to be really rare, as it's an ancient beast, but it'd be cool. It'd be able to drive on land, and float on water with assistance directing it.

GAZ-46_MAV___Sv_t_motor___1958___._20.jp

Gaz46_1.jpg

• Like 1

I'd like to see unusable vehicles (due to their condition) all over the map but with usable parts still on them. Then make usable cars very rare, no more than 15 per server. Cars should also be more complex than being able to fix them with "engine parts", you should have to find specific parts and perhaps even tools. I also think that each car should require parts from a similar car. Some parts could be universal (spark plugs, batteries) but most parts would be unique to specific cars (or car types).

Cars would spawn everywhere in different conditions, like, one might be smashed into a tree with a dead person in the front, this could also spawn loot kind of randomly (anything a survivor might have), the engine parts would be ruined but you would be able to salvage a wheel from it. A burned car would have no loot in it but you may be able to salvage an engine part.

edit: some of these vehicles could also spawn like choppers do, like the crash example I gave, a few of those could spawn in random places across the map, on roads, in cities or even in forests.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/212383-unrepairable-vehicles-to-spawn-salvagable-loot/

Edited by Agentstapler
  • Like 2

I'd like to see unusable vehicles (due to their condition) all over the map but with usable parts still on them. Then make usable cars very rare, no more than 15 per server. Cars should also be more complex than being able to fix them with "engine parts", you should have to find specific parts and perhaps even tools. I also think that each car should require parts from a similar car. Some parts could be universal (spark plugs, batteries) but most parts would be unique to specific cars (or car types).

Cars would spawn everywhere in different conditions, like, one might be smashed into a tree with a dead person in the front, this could also spawn loot kind of randomly (anything a survivor might have), the engine parts would be ruined but you would be able to salvage a wheel from it. A burned car would have no loot in it but you may be able to salvage an engine part.

edit: some of these vehicles could also spawn like choppers do, like the crash example I gave, a few of those could spawn in random places across the map, on roads, in cities or even in forests.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/212383-unrepairable-vehicles-to-spawn-salvagable-loot/

I like the idea of cars spawning crashed into trees, burnt, etc. However, I think the majority of vehicles should be salvageable. By this, I mean I could find a truck missing engine parts, only has 2 wheels, the body is rusted to shit, and the windows are all broke out, but it should still be able to be repaired. very hard, but do-able. I think that there should be about 15 complete cars on a server, not including gas. I like the idea of cars being remotely common, but gasoline being the rarer factor. gas would almost turn into a currency of sorts, clans would want large stashes of it, etc.

• Like 1

I like the idea of cars spawning crashed into trees, burnt, etc. However, I think the majority of vehicles should be salvageable. By this, I mean I could find a truck missing engine parts, only has 2 wheels, the body is rusted to shit, and the windows are all broke out, but it should still be able to be repaired. very hard, but do-able. I think that there should be about 15 complete cars on a server, not including gas. I like the idea of cars being remotely common, but gasoline being the rarer factor. gas would almost turn into a currency of sorts, clans would want large stashes of it, etc.

I thought about that too, but, I just think it would balance better this way, it being "meta gamed" was also a problem, hicks pointed out that vehicle repair parts could be duped and/or horded to one server, though I think those problems would be solved other ways anyway (like vehicle parts not being server transferable or something) this would help it. Gas wouldn't actually be that rare in my suggestion, it would just be dangerous to collect. You would have to go around siphoning the broken vehicles (I think I said 50-100 broken vehicles in the thread, I'd change that to like, 100-300 and 50ish random spawn ones), This would be the dangerous because of zombies and players, you're an open target while you're collecting. each car should give anywhere between 1/10th and 1/2 a jerry can, halves being less common. and a small car would take like 2/3 jerrys to fill.

The thing making fuel rare though, would not be from lack of it, but from a lack of jerry cans, they should be rare. If you only have one jerry can then you can only store one jerry can worth of gas. This means when you're car starts to run low you have to make multiple "Gas runs" increasing the risk. you could still get those little plastic gas cans but they don't hold much but you could fit them in your bag. It would likely end up squads of people guarding the gas runners as they fill these little canisters and put them in there bags. then run back to the car and fill it + any jerry cans they have.

any numbers or amounts are simply place holder to give an idea of what it would be like, don't base opinions on those cause they aren't certain :)

I think that there should be 100s of 'repairable' vehicles, but there should only be enough parts to fully repair like 10 or so, and maybe enough leftovers for say 20 partly repaired vehicles (missing windows/doors, hoods, leaky gastanks engines that don't always start right away, ect).  Taking parts from non repairable and repairable vehicles should the the most common source of parts.  But we'll see how things turn up when they actually add vehicles.

Only way to get gas would be to siphon it I agree, but I would also make it so if you do it to much you get sick. Seriously anybody who has siphoned gas before can tell you its terrible.

Only way to get gas would be to siphon it I agree, but I would also make it so if you do it to much you get sick. Seriously anybody who has siphoned gas before can tell you its terrible.

I think that siphoning should probably be the most common/easiest way, but not the only way. I think that there should be a chance to find a jerry can or gas can in like a fire station, military outpost, mechanics once they add them, etc. I also think that at the gas stations spread around Chernaurus, there should be the chance that either you find a gas can or there happens to be just a little bit in the pumps. Also, I like the idea of possibly getting sick from siphoning, I don't think it should be fatal but it should make you throw up or something. Would make people actually think about it before doing it.

I think that siphoning should probably be the most common/easiest way, but not the only way. I think that there should be a chance to find a jerry can or gas can in like a fire station, military outpost, mechanics once they add them, etc. I also think that at the gas stations spread around Chernaurus, there should be the chance that either you find a gas can or there happens to be just a little bit in the pumps. Also, I like the idea of possibly getting sick from siphoning, I don't think it should be fatal but it should make you throw up or something. Would make people actually think about it before doing it.

I agree with there being other ways to find it, but I think this should be the main way. I like the idea of find jerry cans with petrol in but I also think they should be a rare resource (to make collecting fuel more difficult), the smaller plastic cans could be a common spawn though, found in vehicles and garages and places like that. making jerry cans industrial/military only, you could find them semi rarely at fuel stations too, but I don't think there should be any left in the pumps, players will have taken it all.

Another good place to find fuel would be random car spawns (the ones I talked about, that would spawn parts/gear) they could spawn with quite a lot of fuel in the tanks as well.

>Also, I like the idea of possibly getting sick from siphoning, I don't think it should be fatal but it should make you throw up or something. Would make people actually think about it before doing it.

I don't agree with that though. I get that it probably would make you sick IRL but what purpose does it serve in game? Why would you want to make people think twice about siphoning? The downside to it is already much more serious, you are out in the open with a fuel can in your hands instead of a gun, it's open season for zombies and players alike unless you're very careful or have guys covering you.

I agree with there being other ways to find it, but I think this should be the main way. I like the idea of find jerry cans with petrol in but I also think they should be a rare resource (to make collecting fuel more difficult), the smaller plastic cans could be a common spawn though, found in vehicles and garages and places like that. making jerry cans industrial/military only, you could find them semi rarely at fuel stations too, but I don't think there should be any left in the pumps, players will have taken it all.

Another good place to find fuel would be random car spawns (the ones I talked about, that would spawn parts/gear) they could spawn with quite a lot of fuel in the tanks as well.

>Also, I like the idea of possibly getting sick from siphoning, I don't think it should be fatal but it should make you throw up or something. Would make people actually think about it before doing it.

I don't agree with that though. I get that it probably would make you sick IRL but what purpose does it serve in game? Why would you want to make people think twice about siphoning? The downside to it is already much more serious, you are out in the open with a fuel can in your hands instead of a gun, it's open season for zombies and players alike unless you're very careful or have guys covering you.

Yes, jerry cans would be far rarer then their smaller plastic counterparts. The small plastic ones are still pretty useful though, I mean I can almost fill the whole tank on my ATV with one of those, and it has a pretty large tank.

Cars spawning with gas in them is good, that's where we would siphon it from.

The siphoning sickness thing, after I thought about it some more, your right is pointless. For the sake of gameplay it should not be included.

Bumping again to keep the thread alive...this is a great list guys keep it going

Trains please...though who would run them?

I'm thinking a neutral group attempting to rebuild society by linking communities.

The tracks are already laid down and players could hop on flat cars and open box cars. That would allow them to move down the coast more quickly.

And yes, i brought this up before a couple of years ago.. :)

I'd be happy to model the vehicle if that would help.

Edited by katana2665