Forrelist

A couple new things from this weeks Status Report

Firstly, if you haven't already, I would suggest reading the status report:

http://dayz.com/blog/status-report-week-of-01-sept-14

Now, some smaller things that I found interesting from this weeks status report:

• Radio Cassette player: Could this be from the videos of the pre-alpha where dean showcased playing music of different types, and you could potentially bait players with it?

• AKS74U : Noice!, hopefully that means that the AK74 and all the other soviet bloc weapons that use 5.45 * 39mm can make an appearance.

• Dillenger Pistol: Stabbing your 'new friends' in the back just got easier! Rejoice!

• Pack of cigarettes & bottle of vodka: Sweet! this could maybe be an introduction to drugs, and the potential effects that they give.. i.e using cigarettes to reduce stress, or maybe even making a molotov cocktail with vodka bottles and the petrol pumps

I'm hyping a little hard, but I see a lot of awesome things from this weeks update!
  • Like 2

Now, some smaller things that I found interesting from this weeks status report:

• Radio Cassette player: Could this be from the videos of the pre-alpha where dean showcased playing music of different types, and you could potentially bait players with it?

• AKS74U : Noice!, hopefully that means that the AK74 and all the other soviet bloc weapons that use 5.45 * 39mm can make an appearance.

• Dillenger Pistol: Stabbing your 'new friends' in the back just got easier! Rejoice!

• Pack of cigarettes & bottle of vodka: Sweet! this could maybe be an introduction to drugs, and the potential effects that they give.. i.e using cigarettes to reduce stress, or maybe even making a molotov cocktail with vodka bottles and the petrol pumps

I'm hyping a little hard, but I see a lot of awesome things from this weeks update!

just curious.... what do you define a "dime bag" as?

• Like 2

just curious.... what do you define a "dime bag" as?

I'm not really too sure. I'm not american, but I would guess a plastic bag that is as big as a dime?

Edit: Well half correct.. I'm informed that it's what 'muricans refer to for a ziplock baggie of weed. TIL! well that ties in with the 'drugs' theory above :)

Edited by Forrelist

I want to know what the "55 gal drum" is going to be used for.

does it contain lube?

• Like 6

I want to know what the "55 gal drum" is going to be used for.

does it contain lube?

Water? Petrol? PETROL? Cars confirmed. :lol:

• Like 1

For those who don't know what a Derringer is...

OO6jj06.jpg?1

• Like 2

I'm not really too sure either, I'm not american, but I would guess a plastic bag that is as big as a dime?

Edit: Well half correct.. I'm informed that it's a ziplock baggie of weed. that ties in with the 'drugs' theory above :)

duh, never occurred to me that "dime bag" might be exclusively an American tradition. yeah its a bag of weed that cost 10 bucks (at least it was 10 bucks when I was in school 30 years ago)

so does this mean the age gate at the steam store will actually mean something?? is the end of the squeaker at hand???

• Like 1

Smoking increases body stress, actually. The "decreased stress" is pretty much a psychological trick. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smoking#Health_effects_and_regulation

I was hoping to hear more specifics about the military base being relocated from Balota, but they only just barely mentioned it. I'd also like to hear more about this "long-abandoned prison complex" they referred to.

Nah, it'll be 5.56x45 because casuals don't care about authenticity.

• Like 2

nope we don't but we sure do spend our money on the game none the less.

Neat!

An SBR AK, regardless of what caliber it's chambered in, is going to be wonderful! And an AK-101 retexture, sort of odd, but welcome I suppose. I was pretty satisfied with the texture already, perhaps they'll allow it to be painted soon. Would like to see something a bit different come through after they've nailed down all the requisite AK-pattern weapons.

AK-101 (i.e. "modernized AK"), AKM (i.e. traditional AK), AKS-74U (i.e. SBR AK), and some sort of RPK (i.e. HBAR AK) should be enough. Perhaps then they can either focus on new overall weapon archetypes (like LMGs, battle rifles, etc.) We should be good on the assault rifle end of things for a while.

Derringer, meh, it's alright. Certainly not against it, but I think after the Derringer, we should be all set for pistols for a while too.

Can't wait for the SPOSN pack, need something new. The Hunting Pack is getting old.

Also cool beans about the rangefinder, also glad to see the M4 drum mag being considered.

Not like they're at a loss of choice for SBR AKs in a variety of calibers.

800px-AK-Krinkov.jpg

M85_5_12.jpg

800px-BulgarianAR-SF.jpg

SAM7Kai.jpg

AKSU-Krinkov.jpg

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 1

Really disappointed in a drum mag for the m4.  Probably be 100 rounds.

I'm getting sick of high capacity mags.  At least wait till there's more variety of weapons in.  Makes reloading/fights super dull, I wish 30 round mags were the max.

Also, really goes against the whole scarcity thing.

Look, I'm not saying they should never be included (though I'd be fine with that, leave it for LMGs to be high capacity ammo weapons) but they could at least wait.

So bye infinite ammo mags with the wipe (hopefully) and hello their legitimate "replacement."

• Like 1

I.....

I think....

I LOVE YOU MAN!

I'm not really too sure. I'm not american, but I would guess a plastic bag that is as big as a dime?

Edit: Well half correct.. I'm informed that it's what 'muricans refer to for a ziplock baggie of weed. TIL! well that ties in with the 'drugs' theory above :)

In the bad old days it was a plastic baggie, not always a ziplock, that held $10 US of weed, they called it a "dime" because in US Coinage a 10 cent coin is called a dime.  Sort of a code of the street if you will.  This was when I was in Jr High School back in the 1970's, you know, when Cheech and Chong were funny.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

So far, devs atleast chosen correct name for specific caliber versions (AK101 = 5.56), no matter that it is export version and having prevalent AK74/M would make a lot more sense. I think only Mosin uses plain wrong bullet, since we do not have 7.62x54R.

I mean AKS74U should be in 5.45x39, but it is weird they would not mention incomming 5.45x39 caliber at all.

If they wanted just some short AK rifle, they kinda could have some other type that indeed uses 7.62x39. And I hope the shorter version will have more of a kick.

Hmm here is me hoping for 5.45 again O_o.

EDIT: M4 drum might hopefully mean, that bugged M4 double mag will either be removed, or fixed as not to count as 60rnd mag.

Edited by Hombre

A dime bag is $10 of weed

Molotov cocktail with vodka bottles ?.....is only one thing Vodka is good for, to keep warm when is cold, and getting drunk in the process. I think Vodka is most likely connected to regulating your body temperature. 

A dime bag is $10 of weed

As far as DayZ is concerned, it'll be a small resealable plastic bag to put matches in to keep them dry.

Molotov cocktail with vodka bottles ?.....is only one thing Vodka is good for, to keep warm when is cold, and getting drunk in the process. I think Vodka is most likely connected to regulating your body temperature.

Vodka doesn't actually make you warmer - it just makes you feel the cold less. In the same way, cigarettes suppress hunger pangs, but they don't actually make you less hungry. They're going to have to make the mechanics more complicated if they're going to be used for that purpose.

Edited by Pillock

As far as DayZ is concerned, it'll be a small resealable plastic bag to put matches in to keep them dry.

Vodka doesn't actually make you warmer - it just makes you feel the cold less. In the same way, cigarettes suppress hunger pangs, but they don't actually make you less hungry. They're going to have to make the mechanics more complicated if they're going to be used for that purpose.

Yes..is mostly psychological, but our brain controls our body.. to the point that a glass of Vodka can make you sweat..or a cigarette can give you confidence and relax your muscles..Also... most drugs are also "psychological" like weed for example.

Edited by Cpanther

Really disappointed in a drum mag for the m4.  Probably be 100 rounds.

I'm getting sick of high capacity mags.  At least wait till there's more variety of weapons in.  Makes reloading/fights super dull, I wish 30 round mags were the max.

Also, really goes against the whole scarcity thing.

Look, I'm not saying they should never be included (though I'd be fine with that, leave it for LMGs to be high capacity ammo weapons) but they could at least wait.

So bye infinite ammo mags with the wipe (hopefully) and hello their legitimate "replacement."

Meh, I don't really have a problem with it being included now.

But two things need to change eventually...

1. High-capacity magazines need to be much, much, much rarer than they are right now.

2. Magazines overall need to be spawning empty, most if not all of the time.

It's absurd to stumble upon a 75-round mag that's full, every single time you find one. Not only do you get a high-capacity magazine, but you also get 75-100 rounds of whatever ammunition you need.

Sort of defeats the purpose of splitting up ammunition and magazines (which was a touted feature of the standalone, by comparison to the mod) if magazines always spawn full of ammunition anyway.

I'm fine with (but still do not favor) magazines occasionally spawning with weapons, if they're empty.

Bottle of vodka, with track suit already in game :

Slavs all over the world rejoice. 

• Like 1

Water? Petrol? PETROL? Cars confirmed. :lol:

Finally they are releasing them, time to gather parts for 2 days only to pop a tire on a small rock.

Meh, I don't really have a problem with it being included now.

But two things need to change eventually...

1. High-capacity magazines need to be much, much, much rarer than they are right now.

2. Magazines overall need to be spawning empty, most if not all of the time.

It's absurd to stumble upon a 75-round mag that's full, every single time you find one. Not only do you get a high-capacity magazine, but you also get 75-100 rounds of whatever ammunition you need.

Sort of defeats the purpose of splitting up ammunition and magazines (which was a touted feature of the standalone, by comparison to the mod) if magazines always spawn full of ammunition anyway.

I'm fine with (but still do not favor) magazines occasionally spawning with weapons, if they're empty.

Damn straight.

My mate went to the NWAF the other day, found 7 75 round drum mags for the AKM, all full.

SO much for " scarcity, surviving bullet to bullet", eh?

SPOSN pack looks sweet. I hope they add the Ballistic Vest in as well. Now that we've got all the Russian gear one could ever dream of, hopefully they'll be able to get into a bit of diversification (both on the "civilian" and "military" end of things, at least with clothing/gear). Also stoked for the "biker helmet" (i.e. a ProTec helmet). You won't find me anywhere near the penis-head that is the MASKA helmet. But MICH and ProTec all day.

dayz-0-49-smersh-sposn-tortilla-anti-rio

Edited by Katana67