Sign in to follow this  
Destructo_Brat

I Give up... I really want my money back.

Friendly servers are there so beginners LIKE me can learn.

Don't trust the server names. You are NOT safe on this servers. The admins may name the servers "PvE only" or "only loot, be friendly" but they don't have a option to force this rules. So always be aware that on this servers are also the KOS-players (kill on sight). btw. I don't like the KOS-players too, but seems we have to deal with.

Best option for you is... finde one or two companions to travel and explore together. It's much more safe and it's much more fun. But also as group you will sometimes die. Try to see it as a competition. Survive although the zombies and players want to kill you.

And to die ingame is not that worse. Most of the stuff you found you will gather again in short time. And I'm sure the more survival elements are implemented, the less CoD or CS:GO players will play the game, although they will never disappear as whole. ;-)

I remember my first lives in DayZ. I was extremly paranoid and run away whenever I've heard a shot or spotted a player. I've observed a couple of naive guys screaming "hello" and running towards strangers only to get shot in the face.

I didn't want that, not risking my beans. I used to travel thorough forests (and getting lost) for more cover, loot isolate places and scout every city for a couple of minutes before I'd try to loot it.

Never had the issueas you exprienced, I guess that's the advantage of not being stupid.

• Like 1

KOS will never cease to exist. Its a huge part of the "Horror" of what makes dayZ great.

I guess IF private hives are comming you might find "hippy, treehugger, totaly friendly but ultimatly superboring" Servers.

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel
  • Like 4

KOS will never cease to expist. Its a huge part of the "Horror" of what makes dayZ great.

I agree with you. But for me there's a difference between KOS and KOS. for example yesterday I spawned new and after 3-4 seconds (not lying) I was shot by a sniper. I wasn't even able to walk more than 5 meters. What's the sense of shooting a real new spawn as a sniper? He is no threat to you (no weapons), he hasn't even seen you. So there's really no need to kill. That's not part of "surviving". Sorry. 

No it's no whine. I can handle the death of my character. All I've lost is 30 Sec. of play time. So no big deal. But don't try to sell me a CoD play style as "was needed to survive play style". ^^

Sigh...

When oh when are these bone lazy killers going to get banned..?

Its not bad enough Zombies chewing on me. Or risking starvation exploring far places.

For the FIFTH.. Yep FIFTH time now iv'e been shot and robbed by some lazy toerag who cant be bothered to explore.

This Breed of ass would sooner shoot anyone they see and rob them then hide like a disease.

Iv'e had one club me when I was searching under a bunk. This ass robbed me then killed me with my OWN Axe.

Another waved hi. walked up and used a shovel to knock me out and rob me.

Yet another who shoots me in the legs. Robs me and leaves me to the Zombies he just alerted.

1 Particular scum sucker shot e and laughed. Then shot me at a later date. And had the nerve to talk about it to his buddy.

WHILST robbing my corpse.

"Omg this is the same guy. Haha yeah it was I recognize his voice." This after I greeted him on a 2nd occasion (Bc I didn't know it was HE who shot me.)

And now tonight On a loot only server. ( I pick them so I can learn the game in safety. And explore the map.)

Walks up while im eating kills me robs me. Shoots a couple of zombies. bandages himself. Robs me of anything else he liked.

And scuttles of like the rat he is.

Its disheartening when your a noob and they use loot only servers.

I think from now I will have to shoot ANYONE who comes near me. Like they do.

I Apologise now In advance.......

Sorry everyone I kill

Rant over.

First time playing a game huh? I know, it can be rough

There is no such Thing. You learn through reincarnation.

Pretty much spot on! (as usual)

If the kid wants to learn the game he will have to pay his dues in blood and lost gear. After a tour in an abandoned area near the outer limits of the map doing drills cycling through his inventory, managing his hot keys, doing speed drills, dry firing, a little practice shooting and some deer/hog hunting and cooking he will be ready to play. Then he can move on to snooping around and seeing how many players and zombies he can spot before they spot him.  

One thing he shouldn't do is develop a whining broke dick attitude like good old 'Mr. This Game Sucks hothtimeblues' and his choir of like minded cry babies. .    

• Like 8

I agree with you. But for me there's a difference between KOS and KOS. for example yesterday I spawned new and after 3-4 seconds (not lying) I was shot by a sniper. I wasn't even able to walk more than 5 meters. What's the sense of shooting a real new spawn as a sniper? He is no threat to you (no weapons), he hasn't even seen you. So there's really no need to kill. That's not part of "surviving". Sorry.

There are meanies out there that use this to train their Shooting skills ;) Or just a bored sniper. See, concepts like "morals" are flexible in a post-apocalyptic Environment. Besides, a freshy can be a threat if he knows how to fistfight ;) So you are never really defensless, with the best weapon beign your witts and ofc experience.

But don't try to sell me a CoD play style as "was needed to survive play style". ^^

You see...there is no "right" or "wrong" playstyle in dayZ. There is only personal preferences. PLUS, given the real survival aspects will be fleshed out down the road People might think twice about wasting ammo on a freshy.

Its funny , i went through several stages of "fuck this game i quit for a month" only to be back a day later on TS with the other armed Runners. :)

PLUS, given the real survival aspects will be fleshed out down the road People might think twice about wasting ammo on a freshy.

Yes, we'll see. I hope so. ;-)

You see...there is no "right" or "wrong" playstyle in dayZ.

Sure, can't say right or wrong. But there are playstyles I like or I don't like. :P

Everything got much better for me when I started to see most other players generally as dynamic hostile NPCs.

you buy into an alpha game that is not complete and you complain about spending money on the game

your just like a person who complains about wasting their money on gambling. 

your money, your gamble 

your not getting your money back

you should think twice before complaining

Patience would of been bliss in the situation like this

assonance mother fucker

Edited by GriefSlicer

Everything got much better for me when I started to see most other players generally as dynamic hostile NPCs.

yes "dehumanizing" allways works wonders in wars... ;)

what on earth is a 'loot only' server ?

Its a place where server hoppers go to gear up before they enter populated servers with vastly superior equipment terrorizing other players. If you even find yourself on such a server make sure to kill as many players as possible - you are doing the game a favor.

PvP is a part as central as survival. A "Friendly" server basically takes the game and attempts to dumb it down. Stay away from there as you will find only looters who later go pure PvP on other servers (so in a certain light friendly servers are "giving weapons to terrorists" for free), pure souls who really expect friendly gameplay - and the killers hunting those poor souls for fun and bathing in their tears (works with the looters as well). And as a final mockery of "Friendly" the last group is probably the most beneficial for the game as whole.

The tips I can give to any new player: When starting the game:

• join a First Person server (avoids campers to spot you over and around walls and you will get used to the perspective without getting used to worse gameplay)
  • that says nothing about "friendly", "PvE" etc. in its title (for reasons above, and even if it works you will only experience a part of the game, creating a wrong impression)
  • that says nothing about "PvP" either (pure PvP dumbs down the game just as much as pure PvE)
  • that has long restart times (so you can play longer before having to reconnect or search a new one)
  • that is not a daylight server (daylight is bullshit and completely unnecessary - if you want to play during daytime join a server in the morning or around noon)
  • that has a reasonably high population (low population servers are generally less fun and create a wrong impression of the game)
  • get used to dying a lot (the point of the game is to avoid death - so whats the point in making this an overl easy task?)
  • don't be too trusting and keep your guard up (many people are out to murder you for various reasons)
  • don't be too paranoid and avoid killing everyone* on sight (many people are not ourt to murder you for various reasons)
  • stay away from Berezino and the Northwest Airfield

*Note thats "everyone" not "anyone" - there are people who are obviously up to no good and its sometimes better to just kill them before they can kill you.

If you follow those tips you will most likely grow into a player who actually plays the game instead of some poor soul that loots up on one server without interaction, joins a high population server for action, gets killed by a wall peeking sniper and reenters anti-social-loot-mode while missing most of the gameplay.

Edited by Evil Minion
  • Like 1

yes "dehumanizing" allways works wonders in wars... ;)

Hell yeah it does xD

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not saying that I just shoot everything that moves. I much rather shun other players, observe them from a hiding spot. If they see me and don't try to talk to me, I'll probably try to shoot them before they can shoot me.

Last week, I think, I was in the school building in Vybor with my friend. We were on the upper floor when we heard shots outside (not aimed at us, but it was rapid fire). So my friend having a sawed-off shotgun and me having an SKS went into the only room on the upper floor and decided to wait that player out. I was aiming directly at the stairs, hoping nobody would come up. But very soon my friend said he hear footsteps below (I don't know why I couldn't hear it). A short while later, that guy with his AKM came up the stairs. I landed a few shots at him but he killed me on the spot. He didn't expect my friend though, so when he walked through the door he got blasted away point blank by the shotty. We weren't really trying to kill that guy, we wanted to wait him out. But he came up there, which was unfortunate for both me and him. Now I'm dead, but my friend has his AKM.

Put in some varity OP. One life be the pantless AXE maniac. The next be a priest of a cult that only seeks new followers. Next be a Hero. Next, be a shopkeeper in berezino. And so on.

I plan to try plenty.. Once this launches and I can make a camp or base and stash stuff in easy reach. It wont be such a pain in the ass to get something to open food with so I don't starve to death while I hunt for weapons. lol

Will at least have a cache I can run to easily.

Then dying wont be Such a pain in the ass.

Sure there are houses. And great loot spots.. But people like You all are watching them waiting for people like me. haha

I mb a noob but they didn't shoot out the last of my braincells.. "Yet."

My name is Parazight and I like watching other people learn the hard lessons.

But people like You all are watching them waiting for people like me.

Nah i rarly put out Bait...in EXP iam way too bussy getting my stuff together. I like the challange of nearly starving to death and then finaly finding a sikle or a screwdriver to open those beans.

IMOH, this part and the way to get the "high end gear" are the best...AND running alone totaly paranoied with "high end gear" :D During that period iam prone to shoot everything that moves.

Put in some varity OP. One life be the pantless AXE maniac. The next be a priest of a cult that only seeks new followers. Next be a Hero. Next, be a shopkeeper in berezino. And so on.

... because this will work well. I would wonder if you find only one person to tell your "shopkeeper story" without beeing killed. Or do you mean to play a shopkeeper who kills all the others on sight? Then there seems to be no difference between playing KOS without a story behind the character. :P

Oh we did the shop thing when elektro was still a hotspot. It was hillarious. Someone was roaming the City and just waiting until enough People where at the shop well, "Shopping" then proceeded Shooting everyone.

For a serious shop you obviously Need guards.

For a serious shop you obviously Need guards.

Rofl. I think I almost ran into one. I saw the (Armed to the teeth) shopkeeper and ran the other way.

I watched a few vids of people playing before I bought it. And wondered why they all were so paranoid and Angry..

(Quote) "Drop your stuff and turn around or I shoot you in the face" NOW I know why.. lol

A random question...  Is Arma and A2 extensions of Days Standalone. Or the other way round.?

Or is this a different incarnation.??

Ive been playing since the first day the game was released on Steam, played the mod more or less from its first day release....I've almost played this whole time solo and only recently joined a squad of players which has totally transformed my play style....join a clan or squad (much more fun).

If you're going to stay solo then the first rule of thumb is stealth...stalk, watch, study and learn before attempting anything.

Never run around exposed and never trust anyone.

Sigh...

When oh when are these bone lazy killers going to get banned..?

Its not bad enough Zombies chewing on me. Or risking starvation exploring far places.

For the FIFTH.. Yep FIFTH time now iv'e been shot and robbed by some lazy toerag who cant be bothered to explore.

This Breed of ass would sooner shoot anyone they see and rob them then hide like a disease.

Iv'e had one club me when I was searching under a bunk. This ass robbed me then killed me with my OWN Axe.

Another waved hi. walked up and used a shovel to knock me out and rob me.

Yet another who shoots me in the legs. Robs me and leaves me to the Zombies he just alerted.

1 Particular scum sucker shot e and laughed. Then shot me at a later date. And had the nerve to talk about it to his buddy.

WHILST robbing my corpse.

"Omg this is the same guy. Haha yeah it was I recognize his voice." This after I greeted him on a 2nd occasion (Bc I didn't know it was HE who shot me.)

And now tonight On a loot only server. ( I pick them so I can learn the game in safety. And explore the map.)

Walks up while im eating kills me robs me. Shoots a couple of zombies. bandages himself. Robs me of anything else he liked.

And scuttles of like the rat he is.

Its disheartening when your a noob and they use loot only servers.

I think from now I will have to shoot ANYONE who comes near me. Like they do.

I Apologise now In advance.......

Sorry everyone I kill

Rant over.

Hahaha

• Like 1

I got bored a while ago, gave all my gear to a random guy in the berezino arpartnwbts near the supermarket and ran down near the police station to set up a shop.

Took every single item from the lower town that I could find and put it into one building and then lit flares outside and waited. A few people came near but didn't trust that it wasn't an ambush, then one guy joined me so we could go further away to get supplies. Another bloke then turned up and looked at us for a while before offering his devices as a security guard. He went into a building opposite and waited to see if there was any trouble. We ran the should for about 45 minutes before a server restart ended my short career as a shop keeper. Didn't meet any bandits and didn't get shot at. Was great fun.

So yeah, it's doable all though I'm under no delusions that that was the 'normal' outcome for someone in that situation lol