Sign in to follow this  
ClintonJames

Magnum vs. 1911 which is better

Yes but the magnum just needs bullets. Pretty much any other pistol needs a mag too. I don't have a preference but if I don't have a pistol yet and my gear is full I'm keeping the magnum bullets over any other. Better odds.

Personally I like the 1911 better, but the magnum is overall better for it's easy loading capacity. 6 powerful shots that just need loose rounds to reload, and eventually when you find speed loaders, life just gets easier! I tend to find 1911 mags quite easily though. Lots of em' lying around in wrecked UAZ jeeps and construction sites.

Magnum is better, but I'll take a bad ass engraved 1911 that kills with style and judgmental power over it every day! B)  Think of Vincent Vega (John Travolta) Jules Winnfield (Samuel L. Jackson) in Pulp Fiction!

Edit:Fixed ;)

2i6fekw.jpg

Edited by Odin Lowe
  • Like 2

! ;)  Think of Jules Winnfield (Samuel L. Jackson) in Pulp Fiction!

Except Jules used a 9mm STAR

However, Vince used the .45 Baller

+1 for the attempted reference tho

Edited by leviski
  • Like 2

Are there great differences between the pistols? At the moment I have a CR75. Should I drop it for f.e. a 1911 or Magnum?

What bothers me most is that I always find magazines that do not fit to the pistol i have. ^^

Are there great differences between the pistols? At the moment I have a CR75. Should I drop it for f.e. a 1911 or Magnum?

What bothers me most is that I always find magazines that do not fit to the pistol i have. ^^

You'll find a notable difference between 9mm of the 75 and .357 of the magnum for players.

Zeds you'll do just fine with 9mm.

I looted a magnum off some bandits that had been shot, I had it in my backpack for like a week, but then I got dead and never got to fire it.

Edited by Ben_uk

The Magnum is more powerful and easy to reload since you just have to fill the chamber.  The other pistols need a magazine - without it you need to reload after every shot - and they're hard to find.  I found a .22 mag only after 50 hours in-game. 

You'll find a notable difference between 9mm of the 75 and .357 of the magnum for players.

Zeds you'll do just fine with 9mm.

Ok, thanks. :-)

The Magnum is more powerful and easy to reload since you just have to fill the chamber. The other pistols need a magazine - without it you need to reload after every shot - and they're hard to find.

At the moment I seem to be lucky. I have a CR75 + 2 magazines for it. So I think I will keep this pistol for a while. :-)

I also have 3 Magazines for a (uh, dont remember the name) ZX... (cal. .45), but never seen the pistol.

If my information is correct they both deal the same damage right now (meaning .45 APC is much stronger than it should be) and have the same dispersion.

Magnum

• does not require a magazine
  • does not compete with another weapon
  • more common ammunition

Colt 1911

• more common (the weapon, not the magazines)
  • higher rate of fire
  • higher reload speed (with magazine)
  • can hold one more round (with magazine)
  • less recoil and lower sound level (unconfirmed)
  • can mount a Pistol Flashlight
  • higher Dexterity
  • ammunition can be stacked to a higher number

So it seems the Colt 1911 wins if you find the right attachments. For a starter who just got the gun and some bullets the Magnum might be better but it seems like its other advantages are not yet implemented (it should be more accurate and the .45 APC should deal less damage).

• Like 3

Magnum is better, but I'll take a bad ass engraved 1911 that kills with style and judgmental power over it every day! 

Indeed. I saw your post about the engraving on the 1911.  Did you ever find out what the opposite side engraving says? No one answered your that in your thread. Here it is:

Revelation 6:8  And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword
  • Like 1

I like both. I prefer using the mosin as a primary. I sometimes carry the mosin and with an AKM in my hands or vice versa....this can be a pain in the neck..because I have to put one of them down to use objects. So almost always I try to get one or 2 pistols. 45 Colt and 357 honestly are my 1st pick, I also like the FNX 45 too. So I don't have to lug around 2 rifles...if that makes since

The 357 does not have attachments....yet. But I always try to pick up 1 or 2 speed loaders. These really help during reloads. I have used it close up pvp, and it works great so long as you got good shot placement. It only has 6 rounds remember. But it is a nasty gun that packs a punch...it fucking works strait up dirty hairy stats! The colt is also vary good, its the same thing, you do not have 15 round mags it has 7 round 8 with 1 chambered, and in rapid fire it can go quickly. So you have to make sure you aim in and make your shots count. Attachments are a huge perk. Also for the 45, not only have lots of ammo also try to have several mags which you have to find. It a real pain in the ass to have to fill a mag in the heat of pvp so have at least 2 mags for it.

Honestly I will not pass up either. If I had to chose between a lovely engraved 45 with all attachments and mags, vs a 357 no attachments and just speed loaders....I would with out thinking take the 45. The 357 I really want to see with attachments...But because of my play style I often carry 2 pistols, sometimes 3 as crazy as the sounds. So why not both of them LOL! Because the mosin not good in a close quarter fight, so much of the time I use a relly on a pistols and the best ones if I have to fight close up. So I really think your not going wrong either way really.

Off the subject...I recently found a long horn.....I kept it just because its interesting...nothing more...you guys mess with one of those? I'm going to use mine for hunting or shooting zombies for fun. Not good for pvp but its neat.

Edited by CJFlint

Indeed. I saw your post about the engraving on the 1911.  Did you ever find out what the opposite side engraving says? No one answered your that in your thread. Here it is:

Revelation 6:8  And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword

Brilliant! I tried taking screenshots of the other side but didn't get the right lighting and couldn't read it completely. Thanks a lot! I really like the engraved 1911.

Brilliant! I tried taking screenshots of the other side but didn't get the right lighting and couldn't read it completely. Thanks a lot! I really like the engraved 1911.

The engravings are pretty awesome.  The Revelation side is like a prophetic prediction of the destructive setting and the Corinthians side is like a warning to whomever would wield the weapon to consider carefully the power they hold in their hand and the choices they make in how they will use it.

• Like 1

A Magnum and Mosin is all you'll ever need. If you can fully kit out an AKM along the way, swap the Magnum and Mosin for that.

The FNX is the best gun for round capacity and accuracy IMO but it needs a mag and 45 ACP ammo. It seems 357 ammo is more abundant and you don't need a mag so it's definitely a better start out gun. The rounds hit hard too.

The FNX looks bad ass with the attachments too, even if they do nothing.