Sign in to follow this  
Bad Company

Another experiment

So, as of late I've become slightly bored with the traditional "Gear up, go fight" method of playing, and so I've started dressing myself up in red paramedic-clothes, carrying no weapons but an axe, and having a backpack filled with medkits, various medical equipment, tools and food. I've then proceeded to place myself in various high-popularity zones on the map, aka like the town-hall of Novo, Berezino medical-facility, ACT at the north-eastern airfield, and also walking along the coastline.

So far I've done this nine times now, and out of those nine times I've helped ONE person. All the other times people have come running up to me, looked at me and then shot me, even as I speak to them, offering free food and medical equipment, aswell as equipment-repairs. 

What I'm contemplating is the reason why they do this, why do they feel the need to kill everything, even someone who is quite clearly unarmed and there to just help?

Its a survival-game and all, but when you're in full TTSKO-uniform, carrying an AKM, I would expect you not to have any real need of everything I have. 

So, any thoughts on this? Is it due to youngsters not understanding, people being greedy, or people just being average COD-tards?

• Like 6

I would be suspicious of anyone DARPing (dayz action role playing- heh) a medic, or any other specialized role.

people just being average COD-tards

If it makes you feel better, they forgot about you ten seconds later when they were looking for more people to blap.

So, any thoughts on this? Is it due to youngsters not understanding, people being greedy, or people just being average COD-tards?

I like to shoot medics just to see if they will come here and make posts crying about it. Funny, it is.

As soon as we will have hordes of zombies prowling the streets and the fields these guys will be thankful to meet you. KoS will not stop as long as the main threat is the other players. Of course KoS will not completely disappear and I truely hope there will never ever be any builtin mechanism to prevent KoS. KoS is part of the game but with hungry hordes all around only the most skilled bandits will continue hunting humans. The 12 years old idiots will probably try but after dying about 100 times per hour because they shot someone and attracted one hundred rotten corpses they will either give up this game (90% of them) or they'll start to collaborate with the others. I don't want to see such things as "you killed a player for no reason you are banned for one day", i rather want to hear the screams of the offender as the zombies start to eat him alive shortly after he proudly shot another survivor.

Edited by MaxTheSurvivor
  • Like 3

I've started dressing myself up in red paramedic-clothes, carrying no weapons

and having a backpack filled with medkits, various medical equipment, tools and food.

I did it too. Helped 2 good guys, 2 ran away, was robbed and escaped once, then killed on the coastline with no reason (vid in signature).

You ask why? Because, let's be honest, many people simply don't know that it is possible to play and have fun in computer games without killing everything that moves.

I actually do this quite oftenwith positive results.  Just last week ran into two guys fighting zombies, helped them fight off the horde and gave one of them my mosin.  I then proceeded to watch him snipe a different guy on a room with said mosin  :lol:  Although, I usually don't carry a weapon on my back.  If anything, I'll have a sawed off shotgun or pistol in my bag, and run around with the medkit in my hand.

I seem to have good luck meeting people, though.  How do you approach them?  What do you say?  DayZ is very much a psychological game, and impressions and mannerisms are everything.

Edited by doctajones

Welcome to Codz.

I don't even bother speaking to anyone anymore. It's cost me too much in the past. I will KoS 100% of the time.

I dont like it, but the community and game have forced it.

I think there are many things going on there, all sorts of of different personalities and justifications I suppose. I think a few of the main ones however are; to pad an imaginary statistic and to convince themselves that they would survive this hypothetical scenario in the real world, better than you are.

Never not kill a medic.

50/50 its actually a bandit who is trying to earn your trust before stabbing you in the back. Plus, you get all sorts of nice loot if you kill one.

Wow, I had no idea you people were so hostile. Seeing all these threads complaining about the anti-socialness, I'd say a good lot of you might by hypocrites...

Oh well. Once there is a reliable way of knocking people out without too high a risk of death, I plan on trying to rehabilitate the masses. By handcuffing them, and forcing water down their throats until they puke.

But really, it kind of worries me how little people want to interact. Seems like you'd forget that there even was a direct chat, too busy shooting people trying to cure their dehydration at a well for their flashlight.

stupid fucks...

So, as of late I've become slightly bored with the traditional "Gear up, go fight" method of playing, and so I've started dressing myself up in red paramedic-clothes, carrying no weapons but an axe, and having a backpack filled with medkits, various medical equipment, tools and food. I've then proceeded to place myself in various high-popularity zones on the map, aka like the town-hall of Novo, Berezino medical-facility, ACT at the north-eastern airfield, and also walking along the coastline.

So far I've done this nine times now, and out of those nine times I've helped ONE person. All the other times people have come running up to me, looked at me and then shot me, even as I speak to them, offering free food and medical equipment, aswell as equipment-repairs. 

What I'm contemplating is the reason why they do this, why do they feel the need to kill everything, even someone who is quite clearly unarmed and there to just help?

Its a survival-game and all, but when you're in full TTSKO-uniform, carrying an AKM, I would expect you not to have any real need of everything I have. 

You know nothing John Snow!!!!

Some kid's just ran for 30minutes without seeing a soul?

Builds up an appetite you know?

Truly. I will also offer them food if they act like cunts, aka fruit I've treated with disinfectant spray

Medics are not needed at this point. Im a medic too. Fixing even a broken leg is easy, you can do it by yourself, food is plentyfull, just no need for support roles like this.

Later, when it gets complicated there will be use for us.

I killed my first fresh spawn yesterday. I saw him when he was 25 - 30 meters from me. I didnt hear him talking, he didnt wave, and he sprinted towards me. When he got to 3-4 meters to me I cut him down with longer burst. Am I KOSer?

I was at the fire station of Chernaya Polona, good geared, mosin, magnum, axe. A bambi popped out which had an axe, he was being chased by a zombie, he said "please help".then he holstered his axe away, so I agreed that he is friendly.  I grabbed my axe and took the zombie down, then I said "all good" but I was bleeding because one of the zombies had hit me, so I started bandaging myself and this guy was like 2m away from me, as he saw I'm bandaging myself, he got his axe and started axing me, I died.

Edited by Yazar8

I killed my first fresh spawn yesterday. I saw him when he was 25 - 30 meters from me. I didnt hear him talking, he didnt wave, and he sprinted towards me. When he got to 3-4 meters to me I cut him down with longer burst. Am I KOSer?

Come on, don't be sarcastic, that guy was probably looking to knock you down. Your situation wasn't exactly the same as what the OP depicted. Unless the guy you killed was a true beginner and he didn't even knew how to open the chat or which key to press to say Hi, you probably did the right thing.

• Like 1

Come on, don't be sarcastic, that guy was probably looking to knock you down. Your situation wasn't exactly the same as what the OP depicted. Unless the guy you killed was a true beginner and he didn't even knew how to open the chat or which key to press to say Hi, you probably did the right thing.

I usualy avoid other players on stable. And when I meet someone I allways raise hand, and people see that as "here, have some free gear". 

Welcome to Codz.

I don't even bother speaking to anyone anymore. It's cost me too much in the past. I will KoS 100% of the time.

I dont like it, but the community and game have forced it.

BS right there. You ALWAYS have a choice. Always show strength. Better to have the best and not use it. Ignorant people believe only in the gun.

Also remember that with the character wipe coming in the next patch (could be next week, could be next month...) alot of people will just be deathmatching as keeping the character alive won't mean anything. After .49 hits you might find being the medic a better option.

It also depends on where you are deciding to be a medic. If it's around Berezino then you'll get gunned down regardless, the entire city is essentially a KoS paradise at the moment and most likely won't change until the South spawns are re-implemented. Trust is certainly hard to find around there. Svet isn't quite as bad but it's still dangerous.

Best bet (in my view) is if you want to help then get down to the factory, Solnichiy, Chernaya Polana or Mcta. Any of the smaller village spawns should be less likely to attract bandit attention. Also remember to only engage people when you've got the upper-hand; just running up to somebody instantly makes them suspiscious.

Good luck with it though, always good to see guys just not going round KoS'ing.

Guys, you have to start playing smarter. Just because I don't KOS doesn't mean others don't. I don't trust anyone. I don't go by anyone. If I see someone I avoid them like the plague. If they are stupid enough to attract z's and not run away then their fate are in their hands. Again, don't trust anyone. I don't buy into the BS that just because everyone does it (KOS) that I have to do it. People, especially in a game world, are really vile creatures.