haknslash

Experimental Branch: 0.49 Discussion

Hicks on Twitter:

"Observing a good deal of client side crashes on exp. Looks like the publish process pushed the wrong exe version. Will update in the AM!"

So everyone with the CTD issue stop messing around ! It will be fine.

IOW, they read all our theories, fixed it and are pushing it out ;)

When is the AM relative to the now?

Edited by lol2k345

IOW, they read all our theories, fixed it and are pushing it out ;)

When is the AM relative to the now?

It's not the first time the wrong patch was released....

It's about 8:30pm in CZ, so I imagine +12 hours from now.

Be sure you read up on the latest discussion regarding each update on all branches.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/209353-experimental-branch-049-discussion/

Many of us are crashing and the devs have acknowledged that the wrong patch was pushed out.

We should see a new patch sometime tomorrow according to twitter.

I just found a medical thermometer, haven't seen that before. When I use it, it tells me my body temp :)

Do you play with any friends? Because I'm curious to know whether or not you can use the thermometer on another person besides yourself. Also, did using it degrade it?

Do you play with any friends? Because I'm curious to know whether or not you can use the thermometer on another person besides yourself. Also, did using it degrade it?

I have it in my medkit (i think). I crashed soon after i tested it and didn't check if it deteriorated (i don't see why it should tho). I haven't got anyone close to me right now to test it on unfortunately and the CTD makes it difficult to meet up. 

• Like 1

Well apart from the crashing which we know will get fixed tomorrow loving that they seemed to have borrowed the door noises from arma 3 lol . Oh i thought the cattle prod was OP but it seems it runs out of battery pretty quick so it goes from great to very mediocre after a few uses lol.

Fire fighter jackets? sweet gawd!

happy-2.gif

Also for any of the sleepy heads who wants to know whats added:

undocumented changelog here

• Like 3

Oh of note though i managed to play for just over an hour before i got a crash. Strange how its effecting everyone differently and some not at all..

That changelog is not the correct version number for the release currently on experimental.

then you know what to do, soldier

Chuck_Norris_salute.gif

Crashing after each 20 seconds of playing. Unable to even test this broken ''update''. -_-

Crashing after each 20 seconds of playing. Unable to even test this broken ''update''. -_-

wrong exe was put in update they fixing it tomorrow morning..

The only people who enjoy spamming gifs are other people who spam gifs.

I'm going to mess with my stable character until the patch is pushed out again.

Looking forward to it!

I doesn't seem like you read anything here before posting.

Restarted Steam.  This enabled me to play for about 20 min, but then CTD.  I know they will fix it, but man I am raring to get back in there!  I really like the improvements aside from the crashing.  It is what it is, they will fix it when they can.

Well that was an enjoyable testing experience. Didn't get spammed withe the hypothermia staus. Spawned in the south again and didn't crash once. Sorry to hear about everyone else crashing.

How many 0.49 versions are out there ?...they haven't lost the "good" version, aren't they ? I just have this vision of about 100 devs trying to find the "correct" version in the street bins... :D

Edited by Cpanther

Lucky for me (so far) and unfortunately for others, having played only about 10 mins of the new patch so far I'm having none of the CTD issues mentioned. Just logged out to eat but here are a few things I noticed running as a newspawn about Rifty:

*I love the new sound for walking on metallic surfaces.

*Body temperature system updates are a bit more literal, this should help those who were having problems.

*Also the "wetness" of individual objects is now displayed, this a wonderful addition and I can't wait to play more with it.

EDIT: I was also chased by a zombie, so that was reassuring. Perhaps better yet, I was able to get away from him without any zombie wall glitches and the like.

Edited by Ebrim

I doesn't seem like you read anything here before posting.

I did, but it's not like I'm gonna read 44 pages of comments.

I did, but it's not like I'm gonna read 44 pages of comments.

You should. That´s to prevent repeating already stated info over and over again.

If there are to many pages, i recommend the search function.

• Like 4

Yeah... crash for me too... manage to kill a Zombie first, the melee is working is fine. ;)