haknslash

Experimental Branch: 0.49 Discussion

just had 3 ctd in 10 mins of playing the new experimental, also when I then connect I am a fresh spawn again.

Running windows 8 64 bit.

No crashes to report here.  I did however have to restart steam after the update to get DayZ to load.  It showed it loading up and then nothing.  Then I tried again and it gave me the "DayZ is already running message"  Try restarting steam and then report back if any further CTD's.

Edited by Caboose187

System specs is always a good start. Is this universal, who's been playing without crashes? I'm still dl'ing so I'll pop back in after I've been up for a while.

I know, but i'm not going to discuss the problem itself here, wrong place for that, the thread would become a mess when everyone starts to work on their individual problems. Just wanted to report my situation.

I know, but i'm not going to discuss the problem itself here, wrong place for that, the thread would become a mess when everyone starts to work on their individual problems. Just wanted to report my situation.

Don't get all defensive, it wasn't an attack. This is a great place to discuss it, because if some people are crashing and others aren't, comparing specs can often get to the bottom of the issue if it's hardware related.

Well this is to discuss the "Experimental Branch"  You can post issues here

The menu screen shows my character from the last update but upon joining the same server I CTD'd from, it loads the correct character.

Body temperature stats were not being reported (or I was in perfect clothing) until I logged the 2nd time (same server) and it was raining.

At that time the status read, "I am cooling off promptly.", and my condition was soaking just as the rain abated.

The cooling message continued and I went from red soaking to dark green damp as I cooled down.

Unfortunately, my 2nd CTD (-15mins) halted further observations.

This crash bug reminds me of the .45 CTD bug. :(

Edited by BioHaze

Also wrong char for me at load screen.

Temperature system seems to work a lot better, haven't been cold/hot in stable weather wearing a a sweater, jeans and a hard hat.

CTD info:

- Nvidia (newest drivers) 340.52

- Windows 8 ent. x64

- launch options: -nosplash -cpuCount=4 -maxMem=24576 -exThreads=7

Guys, seriously, try restarting steam.  I couldn't even get the game to load until I did that.

Had no effect here. Neither did restarting the PC.

Crashed to desktop sitting on the main menu. Pretty sure it's going to happen to everyone =(

Don't you guys just love being guinea pigs! =P

Guys, seriously, try restarting steam.  I couldn't even get the game to load until I did that.

If ur up and seriously not crashing, maybe it's a video setting. At first I thought maybe because I didn't verify the game cache because when I did I had to re-dl a file, but after that I crashed sitting on the main menu. I have everything maxed, so it would be interesting to know what you may have turned off as you seem to be the only one not crashing. =)

Had no effect here. Neither did restarting the PC.

Try opting out of beta, download the stable branch and then opt back in.  

I just started fighting 3 zombies (before that running into a small town) and when I started hitting them with my farming hoe, 4-5 people lost connection, but I was fine. Just throwing it out there.

Try opting out of beta, download the stable branch and then opt back in.  

Tell us which is your config, I think it more come from some stuff you have and we dont, or some graphic preset your using. 

If ur up and seriously not crashing, maybe it's a video setting. At first I thought maybe because I didn't verify the game cache because when I did I had to re-dl a file, but after that I crashed sitting on the main menu. I have everything maxed, so it would be interesting to know what you may have turned off as you seem to be the only one not crashing. =)

These are my settings https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AmiHJKjfbs&feature=youtu.be

Just crashed again, opening a door inside one of those blue med centers. 

Has anyone noticed how you no longer hear other peoples reloads, pops, and zeds? 

I just started fighting 3 zombies (before that running into a small town) and when I started hitting them with my farming hoe, 4-5 people lost connection, but I was fine. Just throwing it out there.

You are luck I only one able to play some minute then game crashhing.

I just found a medical thermometer, haven't seen that before. When I use it, it tells me my body temp :)

Also i can hear the zeds coming before i hear their screams, sounds like a big dog charging towards you when the hoppers come and its otherwise all quiet :)

If only someone could test on a server all alone if they get the same CTD problem.

Edited by lol2k345

Hicks on Twitter:

"Observing a good deal of client side crashes on exp. Looks like the publish process pushed the wrong exe version. Will update in the AM!"

So everyone with the CTD issue stop messing around ! It will be fine.

Edited by ChainReactor
  • Like 1