haknslash

Experimental Branch: 0.49 Discussion

I have been playing in exp servers in first person since I purchased the game, but as of a day or two ago I'm unable to join any.

I'm told my version is incorrect and I must restart. I do see stable is on .48 and exp on .49 so my question is how am I able to join the exp servers now?

Thanks in advance, really enjoying the game.

Maleleauge

Edit:

Thanks for moving my post to the correct section.

Edit 2:

After reading the thread in its entirety am I to believe that only a select few can play experimental?

No problem.

This is not so, servers are broken, there are no elitists here.

Seriusly now there is ONLY one server that there is playable (because is not empty)

devs should give some attention to this issue.

The last few patches it's been the same. Update to EXP > join a server > play it for a couple of hours until it resets and puts itself into a state of constant resetting > Go back to stable.

Seriusly now there is ONLY one server that there is playable (because is not empty)

devs should give some attention to this issue.

It seemed to be a theme over the last few pages of comments cheers for clearing it up, cannot wait to get back on to see what the introduction of weather status will do.

I think I might know why there's heaps of loot everywhere. I think it might be due to the global economy they've been experimenting with, and since there only the 40 odd servers the values for the amount of items spawned is quite largest so we've seen excessive amounts of items spawned.

Hello Ella ( or is it Alan??)

Interesting to see that they exposed you on reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/2f1e0s/dayz_pax_build/

The supposed 'PAX' picture of you with the Asian guy (see reddit thread) comes from this website: https://www.facebook.com/littlewindmillcosplay/info?ref=page_internal

Your profile picture comes from this website: http://www.stunnish.com/sexy-women-are-always-a-win/

So the loveliest Girl in Town seems to be a fraud.

----

Yes, I know this is offtopic.

It's Sunday and I don't have anything else to do.

Edited by Dennus
  • Like 4

Never use the pitch fork. It's a turd along with the shovel for combat IMO. You're better off with a garden hoe or PITCH FORK ...

You make no sense sir.

• Like 2

What I want is for the CR 527 Carbines Magazine to be just a bit more prolifiic than the one for the AKM and 101.  It is, almost, easier to find a magazine for an M4 than it is for a CR 527.

I've found more M4 mags than sporter .22 mags, CR mags and amphibia mags combined.

I think I might know why there's heaps of loot everywhere. I think it might be due to the global economy they've been experimenting with, and since there only the 40 odd servers the values for the amount of items spawned is quite largest so we've seen excessive amounts of items spawned.

I thought global loot was supposed to manage things like chopper parts and so, the ultra rare. I may be mistaken, but if I'm right, I doubt that that any global loot mechanics are currently in the game.

Edited by bautschi

(Try) Playing DayZ SA never seemed so pointless like today. Experimental severs don't really work and stable servers + chars will get wiped soon...

Edited by Sharplooter

(Try) Playing DayZ SA never seemed so pointless like today. Experimental severs don't really work and stable servers + chars will get wiped soon...

Sounds like a great time to play stable, you have nothing to lose. You're no longer enslaved by some gear-defined notion of success, just go out and have fun.

Hello Ella ( or is it Alan??)

Interesting to see that they exposed you on reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/2f1e0s/dayz_pax_build/

The supposed 'PAX' picture of you with the Asian guy (see reddit thread) comes from this website: https://www.facebook.com/littlewindmillcosplay/info?ref=page_internal

Your profile picture comes from this website: http://www.stunnish.com/sexy-women-are-always-a-win/

So the loveliest Girl in Town seems to be a fraud.

----

Yes, I know this is offtopic.

It's Sunday and I don't have anything else to do.

lol i love seeing fake women get rekt. It's amusing  :D

P.S. im not pretending to be a women, the lovely lady in my profile picture is my girlfriend and I don't know how to change it, it appears on my battlefield account and everywhere else for some reason 

Edited by Ashy

Any word on the restarting-loop servers?   Any chance of adding more Experimental servers, particularly for the Southwest region?   I would like to get more .49 action.

Sounds like a great time to play stable, you have nothing to lose. You're no longer enslaved by some gear-defined notion of success, just go out and have fun.

My stable chars are sick geared like one-man armies (iirc 6 to 8 weapons per char) and tons of high value attachments, btw. nothing of them is duped. It would be ridiculous if someone would kill me, he would probably think I am a hacker, lol. Nah I prefer the wipe, it took me to much time and work (incl. sweat and blood) ^^

Edit:

I would enjoy to give all my stable gear a non-aggro freshi group, because nothing gave me better moments in dayz like the happiness of newbies who got suprised by a donation of good (rare) weapons/items, which they never managed to get them on their own. That's a kind of pleasure which bandits will never get to know. 

But I know I would first run accidently into idiots before I find freshis who are worth it :D

Edited by Sharplooter

My stable chars are sick geared like one-man armies (iirc 6 to 8 weapons per char) and tons of high value attachments, btw. nothing of them is duped. It would be ridiculous if someone would kill me, he would probably think I am a hacker, lol. Nah I prefer the wipe, it took me to much time and work (incl. sweat and blood) ^^

I actually like the current experimental due to the lack of high value gear and the scarcity of weapons.

Sporter .22 and red hoodie FTW

• Like 2

I actually like the current experimental due to the lack of high value gear and the scarcity of weapons.

If only the servers were functioning. :(

it appears on my battlefield account and everywhere else for some reason 

lmfao, you're hacked and under control  B)

If only the servers were functioning. :(

Yeah I noticed.

On the internet tab all .49 1st person servers are empty, but on my favorites tab they are all full.

DayZ's server lobby is even crappier than Gamespy.

• Like 1

It doesn't really matter that the stable characters are gonna get wipe. When you normally play the game and die you lose your gear, so does this stop you from playing? I don't think so. I've had 8 or 9 characters wipe for the experimental branch, for both the 1stPV and 3rdPV servers, which makes it about 16 to 18 different characters wiped, but it never stopped me form going back to experimental after each patch/wipe.

TO each his own, and if you wanna stop playing for now, you can. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

I love 0.49 especially the weather/temperature feature, probably I would be bored to play 0.48 again. Even though I have good stuff on my 0.49 char and did hide better stuff on some exp servers.  

It doesn't really matter that the stable characters are gonna get wipe. When you normally play the game and die you lose your gear, so does this stop you from playing? I don't think so. I've had 8 or 9 characters wipe for the experimental branch, for both the 1stPV and 3rdPV servers, which makes it about 16 to 18 different characters wiped, but it never stopped me form going back to experimental after each patch/wipe.

TO each his own, and if you wanna stop playing for now, you can. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

Ofc I don't care the exp char wipes at all, though I got sometimes very good stuff at exp chars also. But the stable chars actually stopped me from playing Dayz like a normal player, because I was believing or at least hoping I can save the huge ammount of stuff until persistence or making (sand) stashes like in the mod is available.    

Edited by Sharplooter
  • Like 1

I went back to Stable last night for a meet-up.  I was stunned to see the amount of gear I had, almost all of it buffed and shiny.  I started giving some stuff away - I felt way too wealthy.

Z

• Like 1

I have faced the same a lot.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/558765675337456735/76C8A31DC237EBF57B4D59CC16F62990C6DFE3E6/

None of theese servers with zero players are possible to enter. Is there something with servers? Any one got any fresh info?

I am even having trouble getting into servers that show space.  I am getting "connecting failed" or stuck on "waiting for host" more than I should.  I am gonna try a opting out of beta then back in to see if that helps, maybe my battle eye is glitchy...

Edited by Barnabus

I am even having trouble getting into servers that show space.  I am getting "connection failed" more than I should.  I am gonna try a opting out of beta then back in to see if that helps, maybe my battle eye is glitchy...

Let us know if that worked.

Been cleaning my house all day so that I could play tonight.

Must play...

I am even having trouble getting into servers that show space.  I am getting "connecting failed" or stuck on "waiting for host" more than I should. 

There are only 2 exp severs on since a few hours, UK 0-17 (3rd person) and US Southeast 0-4 (1st person), all other DE, UK and US Servers don't work (and are empty). History and Favorite displays it wrong, only what Internet shows is right.   

Edited by Sharplooter
  • Like 1

@ManInTheWall

This is hard to answer because the loot (re)spawn in 0.49 is so broken that you can find either tons of tents or nearly no one at the whole map. 

Before I was on UK 0-25 I thought, wow in 0.49 AKs are pretty rare, but then I found 5 or 6 AK101 in 4 barracks... just an example.

Edited by Sharplooter

welp i cant even get into any servers at all now i just keep getting connecting failed man wtf?   <_<

Edited by Dudester100