haknslash

Experimental Branch: 0.49 Discussion

For some reason you cant join empty servers, please change it for the experimental since the servers are completely full or completely empty

would be cool to can drink the wringed out water.

I don't know... imagine a zombie hit you before, or you layed down on the ground, your clothes would be dirty. And then drink the presumably also dirty water? The only way to get this going is to link clothes' condition to the purity of the wringed out water. Water from a badly damaged item has e.g. 60% chance to make you sick or something. That would be cool!

i wanted to open this topic to discuss about this. when i start dayz with the exp patch i found only two types of servers

1) full, of course i cant join

2) empty, i dont know why, but i cant join them, since when i try im stuck in an endless "waiting for host"

its almost impossible to find servers that are not full, or with enought players to play, and this limits a lot the space for the players who want to play exp.

i wanted to open this topic to discuss about this. when i start dayz with the exp patch i found only two types of servers

1) full, of course i cant join

2) empty, i dont know why, but i cant join them, since when i try im stuck in an endless "waiting for host"

its almost impossible to find servers that are not full, or with enought players to play, and this limits a lot the space for the players who want to play exp.

well i guess for a full server you just have to keep spamming the connect button and hope you get lucky  <_<

text...

You just have to be patient or try changing your play time.

Early morning or late in the evening for your time zone and you will have no problem.

If the server is empty it may well be that it is stuck in a loop and does not load until re-booted.

There are always people quitting  so just spam the join tab until you get in.

Merged.

You just have to be patient or try changing your play time.

Early morning or late in the evening for your time zone and you will have no problem.

If the server is empty it may well be that it is stuck in a loop and does not load until re-booted.

Merged.

There's issues with the servers too. Over half of them are stuck or restarting constantly.

Happens a lot.. Its a known issue, basically stuff cant spawn in within a certain radius of players so it spawns elsewhere and builds up. The entire North side of NWAF was like this today. My tent is nice and full because of the crazy stacks of loot. Still, only ever found 1 AK and 1 AK mag so far.

yUzQNY8.jpg

what building is this and where, never seen barracks with round windows

Merged.

Your 'logic' is flawed. Nobody plays Dayz for only 10 mins, so the amount of quitters vs. the amount of possible joiners is disproportionate

More servers is what is needed.

Your 'logic' is flawed. Nobody plays Dayz for only 10 mins, so the amount of quitters vs. the amount of possible joiners is disproportionate

Try, the amount of servers hoppers vs the amount of people joining.  They may not be quitting but they are most definitely hopping and the hoppers make it disproportionate.  ;)

Edited by Caboose187

what building is this and where, never seen barracks with round windows

It is a ship. 

• Like 1

As we move forward, I can't help but think that increased damage on clothing should reduce its warm/cold/wet protection effect toward zero. A ruined wool coat shouldn't make you any warmer on a cold day or hotter on a hot one.

As we move forward, I can't help but think that increased damage on clothing should reduce its warm/cold/wet protection effect toward zero. A ruined wool coat shouldn't make you any warmer on a cold day or hotter on a hot one.

I believe it is this way to some extent.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/209454-twitter-iantomasik-for-those-wondering-your-temperature-is-affected-by-each-piece-of-clothing-you-wear/

Also when I was playing earlier some guy spotted me and didn't know that I also spotted him. When I went to intercept him behind a building he had apparently combat logged so I knocked him out and stole his pristine raincoat, trading it for my ruined raincoat. Soon as I made the trade my character was starting to heat up so I had to throw it in my pack. However, ruined raincoats indeed still block out the rain which I think shouldn't happen.

Here's another good post regarding the temperature system:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/209437-reddit-iantomasik-on-hyperthermia-and-the-temperature-system/

His suggestion is still valid. Got into three 40/40 servers this morning by spamming the join button. Didn't take very long, either.
Edited by solodude23
  • Like 1

I am optimistic for the next stable release.

Hopefully some of these new factors at play will have some the kinks worked out.

I would like to add that a new player pointed something out while they were whinging that I thought should be considered..... Why don't we ever find a gun with a magazine and rounds, or even just the magazine? People leave loaded weapons about all the time IRL.

Oh, and btw...... It's BerEzino, not BerINzino.

I've seen this misspelling around a few times and it irks me.

You're spelling it the way you are mispronouncing it.

READ.

• Like 3

Dammit. Double post not intended.

Sorry!

Edited by BioHaze

They push experimental update but since yesterday I could not join server and most experimentel servers are empty even if not empty ping too high like hell and my  connection drops. Thats stupidity.  I really dont think that devs checking experimental properly before publish it. burn this game and all devs in hell. I am mad as helllllllll

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/40851718181252783/AC209B2EA79FCB355E6EC7BE0E7500AB1FD5C8CF/

Edited by BugZ

BugZ...... Fucking BURN THE GAME AND THE DEVS? I fucking spit coffee all over my keyboard!

In all seriousness, log off and go do something else. If this pisses you off this much get some secondary hobbies :D

• Like 4

They push experimental update but since yesterday I could not join server and most experimentel servers are empty even if not empty ping too high like hell and my  connection drops. Thats stupidity.  I really dont think that devs checking experimental properly before publish it. burn this game and all devs in hell. I am mad as helllllllll

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/40851718181252783/AC209B2EA79FCB355E6EC7BE0E7500AB1FD5C8CF/

only 4 servers working. Out of money at bohemia?

Having the empty server issue just as anyone else but I just checked and I'm seeing way more working servers than in your pic. Definitely more than 4 working servers. I recommend not hiding full servers because you have a better chance at getting into one of those than one of the broken 0/40 servers.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/554262075694940396/76210B55BFCAC4965AE8BABD3E5CA8AD80DBCBA6/ (Pic taken ~5 min ago)

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 1

Having the empty server issue just as anyone else but I just checked and I'm seeing way more working servers than in your pic. Definitely more than 4 working servers.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/554262075694940396/76210B55BFCAC4965AE8BABD3E5CA8AD80DBCBA6/ (Pic taken ~5 min ago)

He probably has something set up in his filter so its not showing them. By default, DayZ will not show servers over 100 ping.

• Like 1

Having the empty server issue just as anyone else but I just checked and I'm seeing way more working servers than in your pic. Definitely more than 4 working servers. I recommend not hiding full servers because you have a better chance at getting into one of those than one of the broken 0/40 servers.

US servers? why don't i see them? Anyway would ping way too high...

Edited by GunnyITA

Sorry dear devs and dear game I selected hide full servers before ,I forgot to change it but stilll I hate you alll devs andd gamee look at those pingss and cant join empty servers.

• Like 1

I think my character is just hot blooded haha, the second i put a jacket on i'm immediately hypothermic, not fun running around with no shirt!

• Like 1

I'm having fun with the new weather mechanics and how it effects your character, but put that aside, I haven't found anything new at all. Has anyone found the new rifle and shotgun? I tired using shovels and gardening hoe but don't see any option on how to prep an area for planting crops. Is it working? Anyone found the finger-less gloves?  Seen a wolf. Tried searching all of these, but it didn't come up with anything else than questions...