haknslash

Experimental Branch: 0.49 Discussion

Cold and hunger are more brutal this time. Looks like staying out in the rain for long periods of time can kill you to. A much needed change from KOS. Looks like ppl are going to have to dress warm and take care of there bodies before trying to pvp and KOS lol.

• Like 2

Joined early after d/l so I can't really comment on long-term loot situation, for me it was obviously plentiful. There's something a little funky going on with conditions of items. I mended some gloves with a sewing kit but their condition didn't update until I removed them. Chemlights still aren't lighting. I'm on Central 0-4 with the rain and it's great, loving the new statuses. Early on when I was getting hot I crawled around in a pond to cool down before the rain came. It'll be interesting to see what the actual effects are, though I'm guessing sweating doesn't do nice things for your hydration.

im gonna die :(

http://scr.hu/2hbt/plspl

Have you tried holding still or taking your jacket off? I'd throw it in the backpack. Imagine wearing that thing on a 30+ dec C day.

Edited by solodude23

Oddly, my character was reset before the download - so when I logged in, I was still soaked - therefor instantly "lethally hypothermic"  Running up a hill didn't seem to help, I haven't got a fire, and I don't think changing clothes does what it should.  I am going to die.

Z

On 8/29/2014 at 12:20 AM, Ziad said:

Oddly, my character was reset before the download - so when I logged in, I was still soaked - therefor instantly "lethally hypothermic"  Running up a hill didn't seem to help, I haven't got a fire, and I don't think changing clothes does what it should.  I am going to die.

Z

It seems you can now squeeze out your clothes.

https://imgur.com/a/qDb1C

• Like 2

Anyone found the 'goldie locks' clothes? Too hot too cold...

I can't confirm but it's the clothes you have regarding your situation. If it's cold at night when you can see your breath one of the down coats might be perfect. Similarly if it's beautiful sunny day at noon, that thing is going to suck. I'd say avoid extremes for "goldie locks" clothes but understand that when the environment gets extreme you'll probably be uncomfortable and have to take special measures. Sometimes it's just hot out too. I'm not sure yet whether elevation has an effect on temperature, on a trip up to Msta I was seeing the "I'm hot" much less.

"Squezed" some water out of my clothes in a building.  Sun came out, I started running, so it started raining again.  Instantly soaked.  "You are lethally hypothermic/I am sweating/You are lethally hypothermic/You are lethally hypothermic/You are lethally hypothermic/I am sweating/You are lethally hypothermic/You are lethally hypothermic/You are dead.

I wish I could lol at that.

Sigh.  Back to square one again.

Oh - and where are the rest of the servers???

Z

"Squezed" some water out of my clothes in a building.  Sun came out, I started running, so it started raining again.  Instantly soaked.  "You are lethally hypothermic/I am sweating/You are lethally hypothermic/You are lethally hypothermic/You are lethally hypothermic/I am sweating/You are lethally hypothermic/You are lethally hypothermic/You are dead.

I wish I could lol at that.

Sigh.  Back to square one again.

Oh - and where are the rest of the servers???

Z

Sounds like you were overheating, not soaked.... Or were you both soaked and overheating?

Thats when you stop, take off your jacket/hat/whatever and take a breather.

• Like 1

Found a pitchfolk and helmet in the first building I found and then got attacked by a leaper, hit the leaper 20+ times and it wouldn't die.

Found a pitchfolk and helmet in the first building I found and then got attacked by a leaper, hit the leaper 20+ times and it wouldn't die.

Never use the pitch fork. It's a turd along with the shovel for combat IMO. You're better off with a garden hoe or pitch fork if you can't find an axe.

Killing leapers is easy once you figure out their little "yo-yo" slide right after they leap. If you time your sidestep correctly they should leap towards you and then they will do this little twirl/slide yo-yo thing and should stop right at your feet. It takes a little practice but once you get their timing down they are not a problem.

Edited by haknslash

Sounds like you were overheating, not soaked.... Or were you both soaked and overheating?

Soaked, and sweating at the same time - I froze to death while I was sweating and running.

They need to work on balance again.  I thought they play tested this stuff before it even went to Exp.

Z

On 8/29/2014 at 1:19 AM, Ziad said:

Soaked, and sweating at the same time - I froze to death while I was sweating and running.

They need to work on balance again.  I thought they play tested this stuff before it even went to Exp.

Z

Actually this makes perfect sense to me. Next time stay indoors for a while or hide under a tree to let these statuses mitigate a little before going back out.

I can also confirm that a raincoat works wonders, I'm carrying a raincoat and a tracksuit jacket, I wear the latter most of the time then switch when it starts raining. You can put things in the pockets so the storage is about the same.

8501e1c7-ecd4-4968-88c5-61190d578548_zps

• Like 2

I don't think trees keep you dry any more.

And after I respawned, I was running along and a sprinkle started.  In the time it took me to run twenty yards, I got Damp/cold/soaked/seriously cold.  Logged out.  I will probably log back in dead, as the log-out timer gave it enough time to kill me.

They need to work on balance again.

Z

Was the time required to die of starvation reduced? I've died twice in a row because there was literally no food in 5km radius from where I spawned (apple picking pace is too slow to survive). Does loot even respawn?

Edited by Powerhouse

Was the time required to die of starvation reduced? I've died twice in a row because there was literally no food in 5km radius from where I spawned (apple picking pace is too slow to survive). Does loot even respawn?

wow. this was the post i was about to make:

well food is respawning at least. also the old style bandages and sks ammo.

initially I ate some berries but once i hit towns i found food in buildings that were previously looted no prob.

Edited by freethink

Session lost. I made my way to Novo which was full of people and gunshots... Didn't find any guns but plenty of food and clothing. I was getting the its chilly out here message for a bit but found some clothing and now I get the "I'm hot" or "I'm sweating" messages. I'm wearing a raincoat, boonie hat, winter hunter pants.

I've also been able to successfully lock zombies in rooms by closing the door, worked on a leaper and military zombie without any issues.

Found some very strange things happening at the militar base south of NWAF on experimental 3pp us southeas 0-1 just now.

It was like gear from dead people littered all over the place. Oh and a lot of the loot spawns in the barracks and the jail was floating.

fLosuNX.jpg

87QjvLN.jpg

wIJAuog.jpg

^^This pack was on the ground with all this stuff in it. I found multiple packs filled with completely random stuff.

Ri36m2Z.jpg

And this is all the gear i got out of it and yes those vests are filled with crap. 0.o This place is creeping me out,has anyone else encountered this?

Found a new type of bandage as well. Anyone else find it?

Found a new type of bandage as well. Anyone else find it?

Was it the green single bandage? Those are old but were missing from the last few versions.

Going by those pictures it looks like someone may have been attempting to loot farm..?

On 8/29/2014 at 2:16 AM, solodude23 said:

Was it the green single bandage? Those are old but were missing from the last few versions.

Going by those pictures it looks like someone may have been attempting to loot farm..?

Yeah I knew they were the bandages in the mod, didnt play SA when they were in i guess.

I dont think so, I didnt see a single soul for a good 30-45 minutes out there. The amount of gear there would take at least 10 people scrambling all over the place to build that up. And there was still gear un-looted in the barracks and jail but it was all floating mid air.

hCI2zJj.jpg

The server went down, rejoining to see if it happened again.

I got one of them