Sign in to follow this  
battlerhd

Is it to easy to gear up?

I don't know about other people but for me within 10 minutes of any spawn I can usually find enough food and water to get me hydrated and energized along with some form of weapon, not long later i have enough ammunition to last me a while and better/pristine clothes than the ones at spawn. 

Depending where I spawn does depend if the gear is some what military but I think for the past 6 spawns I have been placed near Svetlojarsk and just had a 5 minute walk to the airfield and found a backpack and military clothes and if I'm lucky there a SKS or a CR527.

U are absolutely right...and this needs to change in the future. Starting with servers that restart once every 2 hours....

Edited by svisketyggeren

Lulz, give me 30mins and I'll have everything but an m4. Give me another 30mins after that in Svetlo and I'll have an m4 with infinite mags and 2 yellow cases full of grenades.

Edited by RyBo

Hope so as well... seeing comments by the dev team i sorta wonder how it will be come the full release.

"Imagine being independent of inhabited places with your own grown crops, meat and clothing from hunted animals.

Expanding on that vision there was a lot of talk recently about craftable leather clothing across the dev team and it seems it will became large part of the fashion in DayZ. Possibilities will be broad from crafting plenty of unique items from different hides or to produce tanned leather for more generic looking clothes with optional dyeing them to different colors."

Reading this in the recent blog, I get alot of questions and thoughts popping up in my head..

From this, its sounding as if alot of the gear we find out in the world currently, soon wont be as easy to find if crafting is to become a large part of the fasion in DayZ as they put it. (Its already been said that military weapons and rifles will be made very rarw. Im guessing crafted items, melee and thrown items will be the easiest to come by.) Thinking about it more.. Tanning leather, dyes, different hides and what not... That as well as with the first sentence, crops. This sounds like alot of items that will need to be stored as well as being very much in plain sight of everyone who strolls by, pretty much setting you up to be a target to look for to log in.

Not to try and think too far ahead into all of this but i can see people possibly giving up on even doing any of this because of how easy it will make them a target. Unless.... they do get to implementing the underground base building idea that i havent heard much on in quite awhile.

Yessssssssss...........................

This people is what the mods (SA modding) will truly be for.. Because of central loot economy, Im sure you wont see the "1,000 Vehicle, Start with DMR..." shit that happened in the old mod.. but Im also certain you will see server hosts that bring us mods of the SA that are something like, "RARE LOOT APOCALYPSE.. " where the chance of survival is very low, the loot on the server is very low.. and the Zed count is very high.

But you will also see a majority of players wanting a game that you can regear up in, in a reasonable amount of time. Its fun for it to be tough, true.. but everytime.. or what about when its really hard, and you get on a server that has been picked over numerous times? What about the new player who just joined that same server and this is his first experience?

See, there has to be a middle ground. And the real problem is, as you get better at the game it becomes easier and easier to gear up. To the point of being absurd. So Im on both sides of this fence here. Im all for loot being the way it is, its fun that way.. not too tedious. But Im also in need of something more like what we get on those experimental servers when everyone has already run through them and they haven't reset in 4 days.. thats also a ton of fun. Getting excited to find a childs backpack is genuinely a nice experience.. but I would not want to be limited to ONLY THAT EXPERIENCE. ;)

erh... It was about 25 vehicles in the mod. Military weapon was just as rare. When I started, only my group had vehicles and military weapons. Until ppl figured out how the game mechanic worked. And intentional and unintentional duping become a major problem. Military loot today aint really the issue, but how easy it's to obtain those items. I mean why would I choose the bow over an AKM. At the moment there is no point to even think about the bow. To make a bow, I need to find recipes for it. To find the recipes can be challenging and time consuming. Even making the arrows is a difficult task. Coz I haven't even seen a chicken yet. So I rather take walk to NWAF. After one trip, I'm fully geared with vests, camo pants/jacket, ballistic helmet, AK,ammo, food, drinks and so on. Basically I get fully geared in no time. Just by visiting the airfield once. Looking for that chicken could take me the whole day.

I'm glad this is just alpha. Because currently this game lacks of character progression. We are supposed to start with nothing. Then slowly develop our character. Maybe crafting some clothes and basic weapons. And meele weapons should be your first weapon. Then you find new stuff and you slowly improve what you have. You may have baseball bat. How do you make it more lethal? Maybe you can find some nails in a shed and attach it to your baseball bat? Hopefully we will see character progressions that goes step by step. Instead of just running into a military base and ur done. Hopefully they make places with high value loot dangerous. Military areas should be like hell and risky. A place with radiation, toxic air, mutants or similar. So hopefully u have made or found gear that can handle those environments. At minimum it should require basic hand weapons like shotguns, pistols, hunting rifles, a gas mask, boots. To enter certain places that contains high value loot. I wish those area had similar environment as the game Stalker. Dayum I really hate replying with the phone...

Edited by Heradon2k

Gearing up is too easy

In the current .48 Stable branch that I play now, I hardly feel any pang of dissatisfaction at having a character be reset either through a extraordinarily-convenient-for-certain-clans-my-group-is-about-to-murder restart in a [ZaP] server or just running into some murderous Russian speaking psychopath. Gearing up is so EASY now that It's actually kind of "fun" to see how fast you can get your hands on a weapon and some olive/brown clothing. 

Seriously, I don't think people realize just how common weapons, ammunition, and good clothing are and how many spawns they run by all the time that can give them amazing gear. 

Rusty vehicles are goldmines for ammunition and for weapons, even now when you can't see the police cars. 

I AM SHOCKED HOW MANY PEOPLE DO NOT KNOW THAT KALASHNIKOVS SPAWN IN JEEPS.

There. I said something true. Give me beans, dammit. 

Edited by Rags
  • Like 1

Its easy on Stable, not experimental.

I like it when loot is more scarce, really increases the satisfaction of finding something. It also hurts the KOS / Berezino-Deathmatch crowd, which also brings me satisfaction.

Its easy on Stable, not experimental.

I like it when loot is more scarce, really increases the satisfaction of finding something. It also hurts the KOS / Berezino-Deathmatch crowd, which also brings me satisfaction.

It hurts even more when u finally find a golden AK and someone kill u 5 min later.

Yes, but its not "too" easy. It should be easy to find stuff so that we can test it out, discover glitches and bugs, and then report it.

If only one out of thousand found an AKM drum-magazine we'd probably never discover that painting it green transformed it into a 30-round magazine.

We don't have an accurate view of what the game is going to be like to really make any kind of discussion about this.  They are still tweaking item spawning and rotting, not to mention we have a 40 man cap and probably less than 10% of the servers are running any where close to that number.   I am sure once we start getting 100+ man servers and a fine tuned item spawning system things will be a bit more difficult.

Also to add from earlier.. It might be easier now to gear up.. But they are only starting come .49 to start collecting data on the central loot economy.

"0.49 represents a large amount of work that will not be immediately visible on the user side, but allows us to start tracking statistics on player data and item spawns, as well as mentioned work on animal AI, horticulture, melee system redesigns, and the central loot economy."

I would imagine from .49 on, we will see alot of changes done to loot and item respawns as well as how often certain items will drop til its perfected to what the dev team wants it to be. 

Edited by cels

When the Experimentals first came up with persistent loot I noticed it was much harder to actually find gear.  Let alone a weapon and ammo, finding food was hard!

This is correct and I believe gave a good indication of how the game will/should progress.

No backpack, at best a hoody or vest and having to make decisions on what to leave behind and what to take because of limited carrying slots, the need to calculate if you could make it to the next village before falling ill completely changed the game play.

10 hour server day/night before restart only added to the desperate situation and tension.

We were three travelling together and the need to share and consider what best to do to survive was more intense than most would like or have come to expect I'm afraid.

There were many complaining that there was no loot !

Of course there was no loot, someone had been there before and taken anything worthwhile.

The perma loot; once working will change how people play, re-spawned loot not guaranteed, so no point in setting up camp next to a town and going back the next day to loot again, the stuff you left will still be there, perhaps you will find a  new can of peaches, perhaps not !

Better go looking for a hook and line rather than a gold plated AKM in such a situation.

To answer the question, yes it is too easy to gear up at this time but I have high hopes for the future, however I'm pretty sure a lot of players will be unhappy about the difficulty the brute survival aspect will induce.

• Like 1

It's a bit too easy, but its better than the mod. A lot of it is server hopping military spawns. Also, in my opinion gun rarity and industrial loot is fine its the ammo and food that's waaaaaaay too common.

Make stuff rarer? Sure, but hopefully not to 2017 levels of loot rarity. That was just annoying and it just further encourages server hopping.

Edited by Tibialis

Satisfaction should come after the game releases.  Everyone knows this is in alpha, and things are being tried and tested.  Nothing in the game now is indicative of the final product.  Us being able to have access to things now enables proper testing.  Beta is for balance.  Don't worry, be happy.

I think just by adding a lot and I mean ALOT of zombies in towns and villages will restrict us from running around freely and looting buildings, might even survive eating apples and drinking pond water. But I really hope they remove the current raycast system where zombies can see us from hundreds of meters away other wise it would be impossible to approach any town

Gearing up IS too easy.

Found a stabvest / mountainpack / shitatones of Food and ammo AND a mosin all between svet and novo...

1h of Play and iam decently geared. My friend whom joined at the same time found the "hig end" gear of the "low Level" survivor ( shotgun/ longhorn/ sporter with 2 x30 mag ).

TBH...it was more fun when things where really scarce in EXP back a while...

Yes, but its not "too" easy. It should be easy to find stuff so that we can test it out, discover glitches and bugs, and then report it.

Problem is that if people have an easy time finding valuable gear the other items end up being tested less. Right now almost nobody sports an CR527. Why? Because AKM, SKS and Mosin are both more common and more powerful while the former two also compete for the same ammo.

true that...i havent come across a mag for the CR527 ever. Only the FIRST TIME i ever had one ( was a Hand me down from some nice fellow whom made a "bro shop" in novo Towers ) id drop that Thing for a mosin any day anyways.

It's incredibly easy. Gritty survival horror? It's more like Supermarket Sweep at the moment.

next time your in novo and you hear the beep.

think of the fun you could be having on......OH SHIT ZOMBIES.

sometimes it is or it aint,  depends on dayz mood at the time.

next time your in novo and you hear the beep.

think of the fun you could be having on......OH SHIT ZOMBIES.

sometimes it is or it aint,  depends on dayz mood at the time.

Except that there aren't any zombies in Novo. Dale Winton looks a fucking reanimated corpse anyway.