nogard18

Just stop..

Ok, i know i have done nothing but complain in my threads, but this is just getting ridiculous.

I died a few days ago when i was with my friend, some guy camping in some window shot me in the head and my friend managed to leave, now today i decided to go on a mini-adventure by myself and see how it all turned out, i start looting in some strange area i've never been before and move around finding different cities, exploring is fun bla bla bla.

I meet these 2 guys, they instantly stop me and handcuff me (Bear in mind i had barely nothing, just a pickaxe i had found and some other supplies) they proceed to strip me down, as usual, and leave my stuff there on the ground. After a bit of harrasing one of the guys punches me in the face and i get knocked out, strangely enough my screen doesn't go black and i see the guy ready o axe me in the face, he proceeds to miss all his hits and just presumes i'm dead and they leave me there on the ground, i actually thought this was a bug but i managed to struggle out of the cuffs and pick up my stuff and run away. After this the server restarted and i felt relieved.

Entering another server getting ready for more things to happen i find a crossbow and equip it with my sights that i had found, i also found an arrow but it wasn't for my crossbow so i decided to cut down trees with a recently found axe to create a bow. I get interrupted by some dude with his little rifle that holds me up once again, sends me into a garage and tells me to sit, i couldn't even remember the sit button so i start spamming the F keys, but then he just says sorry and shoots me in the face.

Now i won't say i didn't have fun with this, it kept me on edge and it was a nice adventure, but seriously, if you want something from me just freaking take it and i'll go, hell take all my weapons, everything, just stop killing me for no goddamn reason, especially if i can't even fight back or if i don't wanna fight back, cause there i am, i could've even tried to run around you and meleed your face off, but no, i listne to what you have to say, and then bam, just shoot me in the face.

I hope killing zombies in this game is more rewarding and challenging cause this is getting out of hand.

Ok, i know i have done nothing but complain in my threads, but this is just getting ridiculous.

I died a few days ago when i was with my friend, some guy camping in some window shot me in the head and my friend managed to leave, now today i decided to go on a mini-adventure by myself and see how it all turned out, i start looting in some strange area i've never been before and move around finding different cities, exploring is fun bla bla bla.

I meet these 2 guys, they instantly stop me and handcuff me (Bear in mind i had barely nothing, just a pickaxe i had found and some other supplies) they proceed to strip me down, as usual, and leave my stuff there on the ground. After a bit of harrasing one of the guys punches me in the face and i get knocked out, strangely enough my screen doesn't go black and i see the guy ready o axe me in the face, he proceeds to miss all his hits and just presumes i'm dead and they leave me there on the ground, i actually thought this was a bug but i managed to struggle out of the cuffs and pick up my stuff and run away. After this the server restarted and i felt relieved.

Entering another server getting ready for more things to happen i find a crossbow and equip it with my sights that i had found, i also found an arrow but it wasn't for my crossbow so i decided to cut down trees with a recently found axe to create a bow. I get interrupted by some dude with his little rifle that holds me up once again, sends me into a garage and tells me to sit, i couldn't even remember the sit button so i start spamming the F keys, but then he just says sorry and shoots me in the face.

Now i won't say i didn't have fun with this, it kept me on edge and it was a nice adventure, but seriously, if you want something from me just freaking take it and i'll go, hell take all my weapons, everything, just stop killing me for no goddamn reason, especially if i can't even fight back or if i don't wanna fight back, cause there i am, i could've even tried to run around you and meleed your face off, but no, i listne to what you have to say, and then bam, just shoot me in the face.

I hope killing zombies in this game is more rewarding and challenging cause this is getting out of hand.

That's why i run now with a group of 5-6 people. We all got 1 thing in common, tired of getting killed on sight or for no reason. 

Now we are the one's at large with atleast 2 snipers 2 ak's and me with a AK and mosin to hunt people down.

Bambi's go free eventually they get food and drinks and a band aid or rags. Other's who are pretty geared go under fire.

unless they surrender they get stripped from their ammo & maybe other valueables but we let them live.

• Like 1

We all got 1 thing in common, tired of getting killed on sight or for no reason. 

Other's who are pretty geared go under fire.

I love how you justify to yourself doing what you claim to hate.

• Like 10

right? "i hate people who throw their trash on the road" so I find out where they live and take all my garbage and throw it in their lawn.

• Like 2

What you need to do is take a break. It seems like your playing Dayz to much. Also I would suggest you be more vigilant and scout an area before you enter. Lastly if you have friends or find people here on the forums to play with it's less likely people would engage you. 

What you need to do is take a break. It seems like your playing Dayz to much. Also I would suggest you be more vigilant and scout an area before you enter. Lastly if you have friends or find people here on the forums to play with it's less likely people would engage you. 

I am not so sure about his play time.  After a few hundred hours you should know the basics: the function keys, all places should be rather familiar, some cyrillic stuck and above all, as you mentioned, never go into an area without proper scouting....

And for you nogard17: I have not surrended to anyone so far and to be honest, I am not planning to do so.  The only time that I raised my hands was with a fully geared guy at Svetlo....and my partner hidden on his back with a Mosin.....BANG! end of the trolling......If they are going to KOS...go ahead, be my guest....but allow no bullying....no need to! 

Cheers!

..."friend, some guy camping in some window shot me in the head and my friend managed to leave"

Thats why you play first person only. Less campy.

Also yea, I don't get why people even bother talking to you when they shoot you anyway. Whenever I rob someone, I rob them only and let them leave, and usually my robberies tend to be "gentle". I don't take much.

Then again this rarely ever happens because either I'm at NWA where no prisoners are made, or if I'm a bambi I never let myself get catched. Though 3 days ago I was caught looting the north camobuilding, north of NWA and couldn't get out. I yelled "well just kill me, don't tell me to do some stuff when you are going to kill me anyway".

Three young german guys came in, wanted my sks and left me alone then. How fortunate! (From this point on all remaining text is just how glorious it went after that) I left the building to assist my friend in a firefight, tried to axe his opponent, failed, picked up a weapon from a guy he just shot...killed his remaining 2 enemies, aquired M4 from one of them, went to Southcamo and killed 3 more :Ö

Edited by Khanarac
  • Like 1

And for you nogard17: I have not surrended to anyone so far and to be honest, I am not planning to do so.  The only time that I raised my hands was with a fully geared guy at Svetlo....and my partner hidden on his back with a Mosin.....BANG! end of the trolling......If they are going to KOS...go ahead, be my guest....but allow no bullying....no need to! 

There was that time, where I was going through my stuff in one of the houses and all of the sudden, two guys with AK's ambushed me.

Now what would you have done? Aimed the mosin that I had, only to get riddled by bullets?

I surrendered, they took my food, fed me worms and went on their way with all my mosin ammo.

Was relatively interesting story to be honest. We talked a bit, they were reasonably polite (did not call me names).

I almost felt bad for not telling them good luck when they left.

Edited by Hombre
  • Like 3

I meet these 2 guys, they instantly stop me and handcuff me 

At this point, unless you've got a shit ton of stuff that you're afraid of losing, there's no reason to let people hold you at gun point. Especially if you're a fresh spawn.

Try charging at them, try running away, try seducing them, try to do pretty much anything other than just standing there. Especially if they're going to handcuff you.

You'll find most basic stuff in less than an hour, and you'll be on your way again. Very quickly.

• Like 2

Running while doing "S"'s is rewarding, loose them,turn around and pickaxe them to death like a true warrior

guess-what-i-dont-give-a-fuck.jpg

There is literally no reason to kill who you rob in DayZ. This is not a game where the person you mug will go to town or some sort of colony to rat you out and get a bounty on your head, so there is no real reason to not let witnesses live.

The word won't really spread about your 'crimes', and you don't have to be a murderous prick who shoots everybody who complies with his orders...

The few times I have gone with a "no witness" policy is on games and modified servers where you could mug a player for them to run back to town where they would inform the local whiteknights of your chilling crimes, so you had to shoot them as if they went ahead and told anyone after you killed them and had them respawn, they would be risking themselves to be at the hands of a severe punishment.

Of course, I doubt DayZ will get to this point. We may get towns, but it won't matter if you get robbed and live or get robbed and die, there will be no enforcement of a new life rule or similar, so players going to hopefully player-based, sort of safe colonies to talk about their journeys will end up getting bounties posted for people who shot them in the face and took their life away. This doesn't make sense, as they would be dead and would have no memory in their new life in DayZ of that one guy in the bandana who executed them with a magnum, but its a video game, and this kind of logic isn't really used much in video games.

This game lacks purpose. thas why people run around killing each other for no aparent reason.

Really lame post telling us to not kill u...lol really. Im sad to hear they didnt teabag ur face to..

Stop playing like you care about the life of your character. You had a pickaxe. I would have gone for the biggest-fastest gun 1st then the other. 

If I get held up, it's... "Hmm, ok... alright.. take it.. okey... fine..", don't even respond to some questions. killing you won't be as enjoyable if they know you don't care. 
Don't be all like, "ERmergerd! Pls don't kill meh! Take my gear please let me live!!", you're only giving them a reason to do it again

• Like 1

Sorry but with no vehicles.... There is nothing to do so everyone seems to love pvp.

I agree with you though and try to avoid conflicts because to me.... The controls are so bad that pvp is a nightmare and not enjoyable even if you win firefights.

At this point, unless you've got a shit ton of stuff that you're afraid of losing, there's no reason to let people hold you at gun point. Especially if you're a fresh spawn.

Try charging at them, try running away, try seducing them, try to do pretty much anything other than just standing there. Especially if they're going to handcuff you.

You'll find most basic stuff in less than an hour, and you'll be on your way again. Very quickly.

Most seem to share your opinion, but if you play along you might not lose anything or even get rewards, I had a shotgun with ammo yesterday and held up a dude I caught eating upstairs in one of the smaller brownish houses. After explaining to him how raising his hands works, telling him to strip and move away from the gear, I made sure he could not shoot me in the back and left.

The problem with geared players is that they are sooo scared that they absolutely refuse to surrender in almost all situations, so pew, pew, pew, and if the hold up was not executed totally shitty they die. The one time I did surrender when I was geared turned out to be the best experience I ever had in DayZ. But that's a different story.

I think ppl should surrender more often, when others get the drop on them. They already did not get shot on sight, that might be a good sign. When they are ungeared, they can just see what happens, will not loose all that much. If they are really geared, but the other(s) outwitted them, chances of survival (including gear) might be better than if they run for it or engage, depending on the situation.

Either way, I almost celebrate every such situation, no matter what side I'm on. I like to have a change sometimes from the default pew, pew, pew. I can count all the successful hold ups I experienced with my fingers, so... .

Edited by bautschi
  • Like 1

Torturing and / or killing captives, it's a part of the experience. However, as you can see there's not a consensus on what's the right way to do it and what's acceptable vs what's not. The fact that the game allows for taking hostages and holding people it is a large part of what makes it fun. The type of stuff that people are like, "Don't KOS!" because of. It's more interesting interacting more towards how a human IRL would rather than what a twitch reaction hair trigger player in Quake, Half Life, CoD, Halo, etc would do. That being said, the threat of getting your brains blown out is also part of the fun, the game needs people who pull the trigger (even though people who always ONLY pull the trigger are frowned upon - no matter how they attempt to justify it, that's the teenager CoD style of play).

this is why you fight to the death no matter if they have the jump on you or not.

• Like 1

That's why i run now with a group of 5-6 people. We all got 1 thing in common, tired of getting killed on sight or for no reason. 

Now we are the one's at large with at least 2 snipers 2 ak's and me with a AK and mosin to hunt people down.

Bambi's go free eventually they get food and drinks and a band aid or rags. Other's who are pretty geared go under fire.

unless they surrender they get stripped from their ammo & maybe other valueables but we let them live.

I don't play the part of a bandit and probably never will, but I respect where you are coming from on this. You got tired of the being beaten by a game that rewards bandits and became one. You let the meek go, but come down on the heavy hitters, but don't go out of your way to kill them. I can respect your POV. What I hate are the ones who kill the Bambis for a can of beans. I don't know why they even play this game.

• Like 1

Stop complaining. I hope you're my next victim.

Let's hope the roles don't switch someday.

if you want something from me just freaking take it and i'll go

The only thing I want from you is your life and your delicious tears which you have given us all, right here in this brilliant post.