Sign in to follow this  
BugZ (DayZ)

Somone already got 0.49 version ?

I think he's saying that this community has a habit of going out of fucking control with rumors every time something happens with this game.

People are convinced that characters are getting wiped this Wednesday, even though that's never been officially announced. Then when it doesn't happen people are gonna freak out and be like "OMG WHAT DOES IT MEAN DOUBLE RAINBOW ACROSS THE SKY ALL THE WAY?"

• Like 3

Just finished playing on a 49 server. It was pretty great. Vehicles, planes, loot respawning, zombies no longer clip through walls and melee works perfectly fine now. Hope it will get pushed to stable.

• Like 7

RAINBOWZ!!! I fricken can't wait for rainbows...maybe they will all lead to helo crash sites! Let the chanting begin....0.49, 0.49, 0.49...

I think he's saying that this community has a habit of going out of fucking control with rumors every time something happens with this game.

People are convinced that characters are getting wiped this Wednesday, even though that's never been officially announced. Then when it doesn't happen people are gonna freak out and be like "OMG WHAT DOES IT MEAN DOUBLE RAINBOW ACROSS THE SKY ALL THE WAY?"

Edited by Super_Duty
  • Like 1

Not only RainbowZ,.. but also notice 64 player slots...

URxB0Nc.png

Edited by Super_Duty
  • Like 1

Alert the media... They're testing 64 players...

(PS: That doesn't mean servers are going to become 64 player, btw.)

I could have sworn I saw a rainbow a few days ago..

Just finished playing on a 49 server. It was pretty great. Vehicles, planes, loot respawning, zombies no longer clip through walls and melee works perfectly fine now. Hope it will get pushed to stable.

no base building?? this game sucks!! give me my money back!!

• Like 3

I agree that people need to be less jumpy, but the character wipe is more or less a done deal. They didn't explicitly say "We're wiping your characters!!!", but they did announce that they'll be starting everyone over with a clean slate very soon for various reasons. Isn't that basically saying the same thing?

Didn't they used to have 100 player servers or something? Or is that in Arma II?

Didn't they used to have 100 player servers or something? Or is that in Arma II?

IIRC, they were testing 100 player servers on experimental for a lil' bit. That happened about 2~ish months ago? And we never heard of it since. :(

Edited by bonesnap
  • Like 1

I agree that people need to be less jumpy, but the character wipe is more or less a done deal. They didn't explicitly say "We're wiping your characters!!!", but they did announce that they'll be starting everyone over with a clean slate very soon for various reasons. Isn't that basically saying the same thing?

See, this is exactly what I am talking about. NO.. and NO.

This is what was said:

It is our intent once we have addressed the core issues with abuse of item duping, as well as resolved issues with the protection of player storage and opened game server providers rental of private shards, to wipe the stable branch clean.

This will allow us to ensure a clean start on player storage and camps, as well as remove issues such as:

• Bugged ammo quantity magazines
  • Corrupt characters
  • Duplicated items and ammunition

-I have heard a youtuber say that "The wipe is coming at patch .49"

-I have seen threads all over these forums and on reddit insinuating that the wipe would be sometime this week.

-Some of my friends (and others I have witnessed from youtube/reddit/forums) have stopped playing "until the wipe"...

WHERE in that quote do you see that he specifies when the wipe will happen?

The wipe could be another month or two off.. I'm not saying it is.. I'm just saying it COULD be.. The post never specifies WHEN the wipe will come, only that it will come once they address those issues.

That's exactly what people need to stop doing - Stop reading more into things than actually was said, and stop assuming, and stop spreading false information, and stop over-reacting to when something is announced AND CHECK YOUR SOURCES. (Not saying you did those things.. just pointing out something very frustrating about this community. It's a fucking echo chamber.)

Edited by Etherimp
  • Like 3

RAINBOWS!!! I fricken can't wait for rainbows...maybe they will all lead to helo crash sites! Let the chanting begin....0.49, 0.49, 0.49...

RainbowZ

• Like 1

Spelling errors have been corrected to account for proper context! ;)

RainbowZ

Spelling errors have been corrected to account for proper context! ;)

LMAO xD

Added more zombies too and there's no more lag.

Edited by Borges

(Not saying you did those things.. just pointing out something very frustrating about this community. It's a fucking echo chamber.)

No offense taken  B)

Have you found a jet pack yet? I got mine from the secret cave network underneath Green Mountain.

Also like the new tree-climbing ability - it's useful when you need to escape from a pack of wolves.

• Like 2