banjo (DayZ)

Should Rocket go sooner rather than later?

how much assumption ? :rolleyes:

i know what the potential has but i it be used ? no.

is it worth spending lots of extra time making useless crafted items when the core gameplay is pvp ? thats what im getting at.

i dont dupe server hop i am a bandit but i play fair so dont make out i dont just to try and justify your opinion in this thread . thats more childish than any comment in this thread,

what some of you are getting heated about about what i put is the very reason you are missing the point ! u get some want crafting but its a minority !

why slow down or even use resources on a project which is already behind ?

as said im not picking stuff out the air the most played servers in the mod and sa are all pvp. thats not made up its true.

crafting is pointless.

Nobody says its ALL about crafting, that's just what your going basing what we are arguing off of. We are trying to simply state that the game is highly based on social interaction, and people like you quite literally squelch the whole social aspect that DayZ has become so popular for. So please, do not be confused, nobody is saying the game is about crafting, it is about social interacting, and when more features are added, possibly wilderness survival or gang wars. And lets face it, I can say for sure that you are not going down in glory, your probably camping the rocks, firing on defenseless fresh spawns, and then for no apparent reason other then to have people hate you, you go about telling it to everyone on the forums.

Also, on 2 other irrelevant notes. Your profile says your 34, which is complete bogus. You spell like a mentally impaired child and play the same as well. Again, I really DO NOT think you have any sort of business coming on these forums, as you have little to no respect for contributing to the KOS problem that we had so much hope wouldn't carry over to SA.

Heated regards kiddo.

I hear ya man. I really hope Bohemia can transform this some what near Dean's vision. Thanks for quoting me :)

In all honesty, Dean really did NOT have a vision. The whole concept of a zombie survival horror game is not new, its just he was the first to make it popular and as emerging. Dean had the idea of adding zombies to Arma, his development team did the rest.

Also, am I the only one who is INCREDIBLY bothered by the fact that on the bottom of the standalone home page, where they have copyright info, etc. that it says "Created by Dean Hall"? What has he done other then mislead a development team and not be active in any sort of way other then when needed, and is about to bail on the project without even a words notice or formal recognition.

Because the core gameplay ISN'T PVP, dolt. If you think the core gameplay of DayZ is PVP then you've clearly never played a real competitive game.

Repeating the same ill-informed horse-shit over and over again doesn't get you any closer to being "right", it just makes you look dense.

played competitively for years :rolleyes: was in titanfall comp 13,000 pound in prizes two months ago :rolleyes:  sponsered by nvidia :lol:

assumption is very strong  today.

the core of dayz is pvp because there is nothing much else ! also people like action. so lets stop bs each other they have tried to add crafting to give others something else to do than murder each other but the pvp killing each other is what most like not the crafting !

please dont say i dont understand i played thousands of hrs of dayz mod and quite a bit of sa.

anyways... back on topic :P

the dev team is doing sa not dean he is just like the poster child for it.

Edited by dgeesio

DayZ was created to be a realistic, post-apocalyptic survival horror. But, of course, immature adolescence as yours truly come and ruin what little potential the game has. You get so self-absorbed in killing others because there is nothing else to do, but don't realize that there really are other things out there.

Have you ever tried once not duping or server hopping and killing fresh spawns? Have you ever tried playing legit and helping out fellow survivors?

This game is hugely based on social interaction, and for every time you KOS someone, that is one more person to have trust issues, and one more person to start KOS'ing. Eventually, 3/4 of the population will KOS, and by then no stories will be made. No interactions will happen, the whole concept and feel of DayZ will be gone.

Meh, you seem a tad bit too dim headed. Let's just say, don't waste your time on these forums, you have lost all respect from me, comrades, and most people who read your comments.

Heated regards kiddo 

Airfield forget it. I tried. He has a reading comprehension deficiency.

He`s just trolling and ignorant.  The mods seem to love people like that on these forums unfortunately as you can tell with this thread being allowed to last 11 pages long.

Edited by Caboose187

Thank god I'm not the only person who's been thinking this same thing. However you can't put all the blame on rocket, it's Bohemia Interactive in general that is the problem. 

In all honesty, Dean really did NOT have a vision. The whole concept of a zombie survival horror game is not new, its just he was the first to make it popular and as emerging. Dean had the idea of adding zombies to Arma, his development team did the rest.

Also, am I the only one who is INCREDIBLY bothered by the fact that on the bottom of the standalone home page, where they have copyright info, etc. that it says "Created by Dean Hall"? What has he done other then mislead a development team and not be active in any sort of way other then when needed, and is about to bail on the project without even a words notice or formal recognition.

Dude. You are far to honest and straight up for this forum.

Yeah SA's model of having to use 3+ bandages due to guaranteed bleeding and only use an axe weapon as all non axe weapons are useless to kill a zombie effectively is superior. And say goodbye to that shirt you were wearing and anything in it.

Implying the zombies in SA that run through walls, respawn like legion, and never appear in numbers greater than 4 is better.

Because Breaking point isn't a mod or anything.

Incorrect, the guns in ArmA 3 use fantasy space names to skirt IP use. BP guns are reskinned or renamed to real world counterparts. They also shoot farther than 50 meters unlike the firearms in SA.

Place holder, originally items spawned in the ground but had to be reworked for IP issues. 

Because no one playing SA has been killed by walking up stairs or a zombie attacking them on a different floor in a building.

It's ArmA 3's interface, you can't blame the BP devs, as BP is a mod for ArmA 3.

Comparable to the same repeated towns being added in to the SA map to "expand" it without increasing overall map size.

The difference is the team designing breaking point did it for free and released a working model before the Standalone and made it a very enjoyable experience. Right now all the standalone has going for it, is fans can type "Its an Alpha" to defend it's short comings and a more detailed clothing system.

Breaking Point was not, free... it's free for us but the code is not released and you can only rent a server from specific server hosts who are affiliated with Breaking Point. Like BP for ARMA II BP for ARMA III seems to have "borrowed" a lot of code from various places, shoehorned it together, and released it. Now this is from someone who had a BP ARMA II server for a long time and played a good deal of it. 

The difference between BP and SA is that BP is someone taking a stock car and adding on customization kits(not even hand done customizations but kits from someone else) and going, "Look at my new car!" and someone actually manufacturing a new model of a car. Yes SA is still using this suspension that was used on this other model, and this transmission, but they are regearing it for better performance down the road. Right now the car isn't assembled, we are idling it in the garage and going, "Wow, this is really loud and rough sounding." when the exhaust system isn't attached yet.

You seem to have proven my point that BP is not further along than SA as the one poster stated. 

He`s just trolling and ignorant.  The mods seem to love people like that on these forums unfortunately as you can tell with this thread being allowed to last 11 pages long.

He has been saying the same thing for years despite proof to the contrary. You will not get him to change his mind in one conversation. Just ignore him.

no my opinion differs from his so rather than argue his own point he tries to use derogatory remarks about me and im dim or childish :rolleyes:

shows the character of the person replying tbh.

every top server ever played in dayz is pvp. all the top 50 servers are pvp yet people argue its not what people want :lol:

its beyond dumbness.

all im saying is the devs focus on what the majority want , get the game done, finished. dont try and make it a flower weaving zombie apocalyptic game. that isnt what would happen .

life would be brutal , people would slaughter all for resources, food, water. they wouldnt help each other. minority would they d be killed off quickly.

you only have to see at how many want KOS banned to show people just are cold blooded and want to kill as many as possible.

lets remember, this game isnt a indie. its big budget now. H1Z1 already, even in alpha has what we want and why they focusing on the real zombie game people want.

people cant see this its happening right under the noses of people but they just to pig headed to see whats coming.

so while all this time is being waste on trying to sidelinewhat is natural some other devs are just doing it and going to steal the thunder right from under the very people who had te headstart and the people and money behind them.

snip

Well this is spiralling out of control (and it's not just you) but nobody else need write another another thesis to see the facts of the situation. The upcoming addition of horticulture is the antithesis of everything you are saying and is a clear indication of the where the game is going.

And mass projection doesn't make truth.

Edited by Trizzo
  • Like 1

Nobody says its ALL about crafting, that's just what your going basing what we are arguing off of. We are trying to simply state that the game is highly based on social interaction, and people like you quite literally squelch the whole social aspect that DayZ has become so popular for. So please, do not be confused, nobody is saying the game is about crafting, it is about social interacting, and when more features are added, possibly wilderness survival or gang wars. And lets face it, I can say for sure that you are not going down in glory, your probably camping the rocks, firing on defenseless fresh spawns, and then for no apparent reason other then to have people hate you, you go about telling it to everyone on the forums.

Also, on 2 other irrelevant notes. Your profile says your 34, which is complete bogus. You spell like a mentally impaired child and play the same as well. Again, I really DO NOT think you have any sort of business coming on these forums, as you have little to no respect for contributing to the KOS problem that we had so much hope wouldn't carry over to SA.

Heated regards kiddo.

Nah. He's like 14.. Watch one of his youtube videos. He also claimed to have like a 200 IQ once..

so while all this time is being waste on trying to sidelinewhat is natural some other devs are just doing it and going to steal the thunder right from under the very people who had te headstart and the people and money behind them.

Does this mean you are leaving?

This is a stupid thread and it should be closed. No one can truly know what Dean "Rocket" Hall's effect on the rest of the dev team really is. On top of that, trying to define his vision of the game based purely on what he has said publicly is also kind of pointless. Not one of us can see into the dev's working environment, nor the inside of Dean's head. From what he has said, you could infer that survival mechanics/social interaction are the basis of DayZ, from what has been implemented, you could say pvp. There is really nothing to discuss here as none of us have the insight into the inner workings of the dev team that would be required to make such a judgement, nor do we have access to the final "vision" of what DayZ is to become. /thread

• Like 3

Does this mean you are leaving?

why would i leave because i dont agree with others posts/opinions ?

im here to see if the vision happens. i want the project to work . just at the moment the vision is cloudy.

the thread is pretty pointless you cant see what is going off behind the scenes with dean and the devs.

i think one of deans early twitch streams he was on sums it up where he said he spent months trying to get a lamp to work in game. he tried to get it to work and it wouldnt.

Nah. He's like 14.. Watch one of his youtube videos. He also claimed to have like a 200 IQ once..

HA, 200 IQ. That's laughable in all honesty. I'm going to give him a generous ball park of 70-80?

Its been a year maybe almost a year and its in alpha what part of alpha do people not understand this hasrsh critisism is EXACTLY why most alphas are never made public and they normally have NDA in place and alphas can take years sometimes so get over it go find something better to do while  they work on their game.He put out the alpha at the request of the dayz fans ill add.

HA, 200 IQ. That's laughable in all honesty. I'm going to give him a generous ball park of 70-80?

Well, even if he's a genius (which is possible but unlikely), Einstein was around 180... Most idiots don't realize that 200 is almost unheard of and most test can't even measure above 160-180 or so.

whats that based on ? assumption .

cant you just debate the topic ?

einstein was about 160. he was smarter as a child and thats mostly when you are tested. some people have had upto 300 iq but its highly debated about.

mainly if you very quick at picking things up and maths then youll do well.

iq isnt everything though.

whats that based on ? assumption .

cant you just debate the topic ?

einstein was about 160. he was smarter as a child and thats mostly when you are tested. some people have had upto 300 iq but its highly debated about.

mainly if you very quick at picking things up and maths then youll do well.

iq isnt everything though.

No.. Nobody has an IQ of 300. 

http://mostextreme.org/highest_iq.php

First of all, in order to test an IQ of "300", you would have to have an IQ of 300 or higher to write the test. Secondly, most of the people who have ever been tested "above 200", are estimates (not hard numbers) and/or they were taking a test designed for children.

The highest "feasible" Adult IQ is about 200, and the highest that most modern, non-professionally designed tests go is somewhere around 160-180, and most of the test you can do online are highly unreliable and not to be taken seriously. If you want to get a good idea of what your IQ actually is, attempt to join MENSA or join the Military, as they will usually test your IQ and give you a personality profile among other things in order to understand where you would be best utilized. 

Edited by Etherimp

Its been a year maybe almost a year and its in alpha what part of alpha do people not understand this hasrsh critisism is EXACTLY why most alphas are never made public and they normally have NDA in place and alphas can take years sometimes so get over it go find something better to do while they work on their game.He put out the alpha at the request of the dayz fans ill add.

He also became very wealthy much faster by releasing the aplha instead of waiting 3 years of working on a final product. So there was some other motivations to release the alpha other than him just doing us a favor. Dont be so naive.

no there is a man who is said to have 300 iq. he could speak 40 languages and as i said its highly debated.

this was before tests were done.

i know my iq  so i dont need to test it. ;)

no there is a man who is said to have 300 iq. he could speak 40 languages and as i said its highly debated.

And we should all take your word for it as you won't provide sources.

He also became very wealthy much faster by releasing the aplha instead of waiting 3 years of working on a final product. So there was some other motivations to release the alpha other than him just doing us a favor. Dont be so naive.

Think of it like a Kickstarter.

Most of the DayZ community was bitching about wanting Standalone to be released.. They kept chiding Rocket about it. So, Rocket released it in Alpha form, sold it for 30 bucks a pop, and is using the money to fund the development of the game. There's nothing "wrong" with doing it that way. We get to play the game we wanted to play, and Rocket and his dev team get paychecks for working on it instead of doing it for free. Imagine how slow development would be if it was being done by a bunch of volunteer or poorly paid programmers.

• Like 3

There's also a man who's said to have been abducted by aliens..

..and another who met bigfoot.

=  from that small salad may come a guy =

and remember folks, you heard it here first, and it was Hetstaine said it !!!

- that Hetstaine, he is one true visionary

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 1