cels

Chatacter wipe next stable build(.49) possible

Yeah same here. Its mostly my fault because I make my point while being a asshole. I need to change that. But my above post is much better and to the point. Much like when Im in the dayz game, i let my emotions control me.

And the reality is all of us are in the same boat. So that's why I don't like fighting on the forums, believe it or not. We like playing it and love the concept. That's why we are quick to call out bugs we see. LOL

I totally did not intend on getting into a long winded debate either. Really all I wanted to do is just post what I though and that's it. I think smart developers pay attention to there base. I really strongly feel stable really should be stable, one reason for this any new player who plays its the 1st exp they have with dayz. Should it be hard core simulated survival yes, but it should be a functional one. It's DayZ SAs show piece, the games rep is one the line. That is why I think the whole, "It's Alpha Get Over It" debate only goes so far in regards to stable.

Edited by CJFlint

Melee working? Are you kidding? They hadn't even touched the issue. Crawlers yeah are the worst since they after attack spin around you.

Bugged or not, I don't have any problem killing zombies with melees....

Indoors, outside, it doesn't matter. Sidestep, circle around them and hit them. Heck, you don't even need to aim for the head!!

21c704.jpg

• Like 1

Bugged or not, I don't have any problem killing zombies with melees....

Indoors, outside, it doesn't matter. Sidestep, circle around them and hit them. Heck, you don't even need to aim for the head!!

21c704.jpg

From my vantage point the melee bug was corrected somewhat in .48, I did not encounter the aiming bug like in .47. I did not see it, if its still there our not I don't know. I played .48 for only a couple hours, I stopped because the cloud kept wiping my CHR. I did see the bug were you are rendered unable to swing or use your melee weapon. That one is still there. DayZ is more effected by ping then ever. Also crawler zombies are either don't have there mechanics in place yet or there just broken....I think they should just take them out of stable til they work correctly. 

Edited by CJFlint

Anyone pretending that acquiring the amount of gear a "long-term survivor" has takes more than two hours to find is either:

A.  Full of shit.

B.  Full of themselves.

C.  Really, really, truly bad at scavenging.  

The wipe isn't punishing anyone, nothing you have now can't be replaced by walking around and finding it again.  

Get over yourselves.  

• Like 2

My point is they should have stable be playable simple as that! I do not want to here any of this "its alpha get over it" stuff. Stable is pretty bad right now, that's pretty lame. Minor bugs I look past, but there is serous bugs in stable currently. There's no excuse for it. Experimental its more understandable to have issues.

stable does not mean complete or finished

• Like 1

stable does not mean complete or finished

This is correct. You are right. But I'm not saying I want to be complete or finished. What I'm saying is it has to work on stable, it has to be stable, free of serous bugs that basicly wreck game play, CHR wipes and free of broken mechanics.  I completely understand the game is not complete. From everthing I understand all new additions to the game are put on Exp 1st and ran through testing also its a chance for us to see new items that are going to added. There I expect things to not to always work right.  Then when it works correctly they put it on stable. 

I think people are mis completely understanding what I'm saying. 

The reason I am posting so much on here currently and going on about bugs, is because of my last few game exp with dayz. The times I have played since .47 have been pretty much not fun. Between the bad melee bug in .47 then my CHR being wiped every time in .48 I'm pretty convinced there are some pretty serous problems with DayZ SA right now. I also I have read through other forums and talk to people on steam who have pretty much given up on it til next patch. That's were I'm at I stopped playing. There no denying it. Stable should be stable period. Imagine being a new player who bought the game today, and it wasn't working correctly..What do you think they think? Disclaimer or no disclaimer, if stable is unplayable or has such crappy bugs its simply not fun, or wipes your chr every other time you log in, do you think dayz for one second will get good reviews. The answer to that is no way in hell. 

Its the last I have to say about it. I'm not going to explain my comments or what ever, I'm not going to fight about it. It's not worth the time. I already stoped playing and I'm going wait til .49 comes out and hopefully it will fixed.  

Edited by CJFlint

Good news. It's just unfortunate that I'm going to lose all my gear, I've had my character going for weeks and I've got sweet sniper gear :(

It's just unfortunate that I'm going to lose all my gear, I've had my character going for weeks and I've got sweet sniper gear :(

Whereas, I died four times this evening so couldn't give a toss!

Edited by Pillock

Anyone pretending that acquiring the amount of gear a "long-term survivor" has takes more than two hours to find is either:

A.  Full of shit.

B.  Full of themselves.

C.  Really, really, truly bad at scavenging.  

The wipe isn't punishing anyone, nothing you have now can't be replaced by walking around and finding it again.  

Get over yourselves.  

D. Looking for a fishing hook.

This is correct. You are right. But I'm not saying I want to be complete or finished. What I'm saying is it has to work on stable, it has to be stable, free of serous bugs that basicly wreck game play, CHR wipes and free of broken mechanics.  I completely understand the game is not complete. From everthing I understand all new additions to the game are put on Exp 1st and ran through testing also its a chance for us to see new items that are going to added. There I expect things to not to always work right.  Then when it works correctly they put it on stable. 

I think people are mis completely understanding what I'm saying. 

The reason I am posting so much on here currently and going on about bugs, is because of my last few game exp with dayz. The times I have played since .47 have been pretty much not fun. Between the bad melee bug in .47 then my CHR being wiped every time in .48 I'm pretty convinced there are some pretty serous problems with DayZ SA right now. I also I have read through other forums and talk to people on steam who have pretty much given up on it til next patch. That's were I'm at I stopped playing. There no denying it. Stable should be stable period. Imagine being a new player who bought the game today, and it wasn't working correctly..What do you think they think? Disclaimer or no disclaimer, if stable is unplayable or has such crappy bugs its simply not fun, or wipes your chr every other time you log in, do you think dayz for one second will get good reviews. The answer to that is no way in hell. 

Its the last I have to say about it. I'm not going to explain my comments or what ever, I'm not going to fight about it. It's not worth the time. I already stoped playing and I'm going wait til .49 comes out and hopefully it will fixed.  

That's potatoed, if they were going to promise a stable gameplay experience they wouldn't have released the alpha. I suffered one character reset, and it seems to be a result of logging into a recently started server immediately, which happens. 

Too bad if you decide to ignore the disclaimer, it's still telling you "hey this doesn't work properly!", deciding not to take notice doesn't change that. 

Go and put some onions, carrots, potatoes and beefstock into a cold pot of water, eat it, and then tell me why you can't call that an enjoyable stew. 

http://dayz.com/blog/status-report-week-of-18-august-14

Happy to see item duping and infinite ammo will be gone soon.

Aaaawesome! They can kill AND violate all my characters if it clears the db of duped items.

Great, so where duping could at least give people enough ammo to combat the hackers, now only hackers who are running live scripts will have a huge advantage.

While it is good to delete many of the unlimited ammo clips, don't you guys think it's ironic that the legitimate players who picked them up after killing the original hackers with it.... will not be able to defend themselves from hackers who will be running live scripts.....

Lulz, so you're allowed to dupe and ... aww I'm not even gonna bother, your posts speaks for itself. In a retarded voice.

I serous don't want to hear your "Its Alpha Get Over It" BS. I know better.

lets see...

If they keep this up with stable in it's current stable DayZ SA will get a bad rep really fast and fail.

Oh, so...no you dont...

Come on guys. Admit it. Wiping everyone's character is a cheap and easy way to try and address script kiddies who will still be able to teleport to us which is 1000 times more of an advantage than duping.

If anything, this is rewarding teleporting scripts.

Yes we are deleting hacked mags, but anyone who has current or future access to the paid scripts to teleport will have a larger advantage on us.

I use to play on a lot of full servers with my brother and friends, we often had teleporters appear all around us and our only chance was spraying crap loads of bullets. So I'm justing pointing out the irony that without duping ammo that we mostly used just to spray at the damn teleporters, we will be sitting ducks.

Can't you understand this frustration? I guess most people here not understanding this don't play on full servers where you are more likely to run into teleporters.

Firstly, i don't see that many hackers, still.  I've seen some sure, and many suspected, but not many confirmed.

Secondly, what 'larger' advantage do they have over you?  Because you don't have a gun or axe to defend yourself against infinite bullets or a guy that will just teleport onto a rooftop to kill you? 

Please, the second you die, you're as vulnurable as you can possibly be.  Character wipe does not make you any less vulnurable.  If these terrors of the night are as bad as you make out, they kill you, you die, you have nothing. start again.  Same story with character wipe, only it's a momentary setback.  I'd be more empathetic to people who lose SMERSH vests or M4's, but cmon guys it's not like you're losing your red party hat in runescape...

let's just hope this is something more than just a wipe, hundred flowers campaign i hope... better not say too much in case it is a clever ruse.

Guess you didn't read my above post. Now the hackers running live scripts will be even more god like because people who just dupe to have enough ammo to combat live script teleporters, etc.... will be handicapped. Yes it's good to get rid of a lot of the infinite ammo mags, I agree. But unless they actually fix how easy it is to run live scripts..... all legitimate players are just getting more screwed.

If you need more than 60 ammo to kill anyone or anything in this game then you're doing it wrong.

/thread

Glad it's being cleaned up.. Let's hope they run a BE/VAC ban wave the same time.

That's potatoed, if they were going to promise a stable gameplay experience they wouldn't have released the alpha. I suffered one character reset, and it seems to be a result of logging into a recently started server immediately, which happens. 

Too bad if you decide to ignore the disclaimer, it's still telling you "hey this doesn't work properly!", deciding not to take notice doesn't change that. 

Go and put some onions, carrots, potatoes and beefstock into a cold pot of water, eat it, and then tell me why you can't call that an enjoyable stew. 

Fine...whatever. But I tell this much if shits broken as it was this patch as it is the next one. I'm done playing til they do the full release. I not going to fight about it, I have other games to play, not even worth it. Just not going to play it. Simple...

To be honest with you I only played .48 for about 2 hours. In the 2 hours I had my CHR wiped 2 times. So I just stopped playing, I don't have time for that type of BS. DayZ SA is a time consuming game as it is, with the serous bugs its just not worth me playing what so ever. AGAIN I don't mind bugs in Expeirmental, I go there to see the new items, and I have low expectations on how it will preform. Most of what I have said on in this thread has to do with the state of Stable. 

I will not say more til next patch, I read the notes, It sounds like they are addressing some of  the really bad bugs I saw, so when it comes out I'll try it. I could care less if the do CHR wipe or not...makes no difference to me at this point. If it works stable is functional.....Great!....if not I'm not then I'll just play other games....End of debate. 

Edited by CJFlint

Once the wipe has taken place, they should remove the 60 round coupled mag for the M4. That thing is just silly. It always been like that, and I always hated it so much that I haven't used it for the past 7 months... Once you fired the first 30 round, you should do some reload animation instead of continuing firing while the bullets teleport themselves from the left mag, directly in the chamber... It's a small esthetic thing that's very very silly imo...

Until the game is finished, or at least goes to beta, we should never take anything for granted. Gear, certain items, certain features, etc.

Fine...whatever. But I tell this much if shits broken as it was this patch as it is the next one. I'm done playing til they do the full release. I not going to fight about it, I have other games to play, not even worth it. Just not going to play it. Simple...

To be honest with you I only played .48 for about 2 hours. In the 2 hours I had my CHR wiped 2 times. So I just stopped playing, I don't have time for that type of BS. DayZ SA is a time consuming game as it is, with the serous bugs its just not worth me playing what so ever. AGAIN I don't mind bugs in Expeirmental, I go there to see the new items, and I have low expectations on how it will preform. Most of what I have said on in this thread has to do with the state of Stable. 

I will not say more til next patch, I read the notes, It sounds like they are addressing some of  the really bad bugs I saw, so when it comes out I'll try it. I could care less if the do CHR wipe or not...makes no difference to me at this point. If it works stable is functional.....Great!....if not I'm not then I'll just play other games....End of debate. 

How do you get your character wiped? Since .48, I played with both my regular and hardcore stable character and regular and hardcore experimental characters for at least 30 hours, and never got any wipe.

I did get the " Your character info could not be retrieved from the main hive.." but you just have to get out of the server, and log back in to get it back. (which worked for both experimental and stable when it happened to me)

Also, when the server restart you have to go back to the main title screen instead of directly switching servers. Once you see your character in the menu, you can go back to the server list. Being cautious helps keeping your character from being "wiped".

The only wipe I ever get is the experimental one everything they update it, and got used to it very quickly. To each his own, but I love starting new characters and playing differently, or varying my looks.

How do you get your character wiped? Since .48, I played with both my regular and hardcore stable character and regular and hardcore experimental characters for at least 30 hours, and never got any wipe.

I did get the " Your character info could not be retrieved from the main hive.." but you just have to get out of the server, and log back in to get it back. (which worked for both experimental and stable when it happened to me)

Also, when the server restart you have to go back to the main title screen instead of directly switching servers. Once you see your character in the menu, you can go back to the server list. Being cautious helps keeping your character from being "wiped".

The only wipe I ever get is the experimental one everything they update it, and got used to it very quickly. To each his own, but I love starting new characters and playing differently, or varying my looks.

I started playing .48 right after they released it. I logged in started playing started gearing up like I normally do. I noticed the melee was working properly which was a plus. After a while the server went to the red restart timer. So I went and found a different server and I was a fresh spawn, then I tried again fresh spawn at a different location.....I tried again pretty much the same thing happened again once more. Pretty much every time not kidding. So I stopped playing, havn't bothered to log in since .48 release. I just don't want to waste a bunch of time just to have it happen again period. I even put a post on the troubleshooting part of the forums...no real answer and no help what so ever. I not making this up. I think the cloud just was not saving my avatar what so ever. No matter what server I logged onto it seemed like. I never seen this before.

I'll keep what you said in mind, about switching servers. I think in my case it could have been some sort of weirdness with the cloud it self. Maybe.

Also after .47, I was effected with the melee bug, were aiming was pretty much not working. I also saw the bug were you can't swing what so ever. But it seemed to be corrected in .48 

So between those to bugs, it really sucked allot of wind out of my sails and fun out of the game for me. I have play DayZ for several months now, 100s of hours. Solo or grouped and what have you. I have seen bugs, and learned to live with them. Staying away from ladders and got used to zombies running though walls and floors even. I still played and never complained once. To me it was just a alpha cork. But this time it was like a prefect storm of bugs.

I going just wait til .49, keep in mind server switching and hope for the best next time. I'm also going to watch server ping like fucking hawk...aperentlly dayz is really effected by it now. So I'm slightly optimistic....we will see:/

Edited by CJFlint
  • Like 1

D. Looking for a fishing hook.

I find them everywhere.  Pub, garages, kitchen tables.