DaPrincePlays

Consoles... How They Will Ruin DayZ

YAY! DayZ on PS4! and why i hate the idea. Ok hold on before you type some kind of hate comment im also going to talk about the upside of consoles.

Ok so pros, where to start?

So more people. Yes this is a bad/good thing but that will mean a bigger community of players personally i dont hate that. I thing that it is a good thing that more players are getting involved.

Rocket has said that it will help the PC version, this is not yet proved but we will see if they are telling the truth and see if PC version will improve BECAUSE of console.

Cross-Platform Servers: This is why i have cons this is the main reason for my ranting!

Theres a few more but this is where im going to go into CONS!

AUTOAIM: This is a main problem that people have been telling me. Since consoles have crappy controller for aiming. [Quick note: i have a console and i do enjoy playing on it i dont hate them, ok back to subject] This will mean that they could/would put in auto aim. this will put pc players on a huge disadvantage.

KIDS: Ok... I know i will get flamed for this but here we go. The console community has more crybabies and more ******** then PC. Yes i know they are on PC too but less then consoles. Alot of kids will treat this as a FPS then a Survival game because its what there used to and admit it! KOSing is somewhat fun not that i do it im just saying. When this comes out expect alot of KOSing/Bandits.

Controller Usage: This is where the lines gets alittle blurry. Keyboards have a somewhat advantage/disadvantage. Where we have to press the number keys to switch weapons/items. Consoles will have to press Y or Triangle to switch we have to reach for the number keys. I think that this is somewhat unfair. If they make it easier for console players to do stuff it would put us at a major disadvantage.

I could go on but i want your perspective on this problem/improvement

Edited by DaPrincePlays

As I'm sure you could imagine there are already a million of these posts on the forum. Look for the official one made by the moderators and post your opinions there.

You're aloud to use a controller on the PC version? So that is kind of nulls your last point

Are cross-platform servers confirmed? That would be completely unfair for the console players, they wouldn't stand a chance against anyone with a mouse and fair aiming capabilities even with aim assist.

You're aloud to use a controller on the PC version? So that is kind of nulls your last point

they will have to make it easier for console users while we have to bind em ourselves

AUTOAIM

The only actual reason why this would be bad. Can easily solved by... not including autoaim (at least on cross-platform servers). As you wrote using a controller (can be done by every kid playing on PC as well) gives you some advantages but the downside is a pretty difficult aim - and here you might have other options than including auto-aim. Or you just leave it this way so its easier to do most things but a little harder to fire aimed shots.

Autoaim would actually break the game on multiple levels (aiming, camouflage, friendly fire, quickdraw etc.) - in my opinion it should not be in any DayZ version.

• Like 3

I've been playing DayZ, which doesn't support controllers with any semblance of accommodation, for two years.

I kill folks just fine. Never felt at a disadvantage. DayZ doesn't require hyper twitchy shooting. One's guile and approach is far more important than one's reflexes.

I honestly doubt the game will be "ruined" because a market for different people is opened.

And you really think most people treat the game as survival as is? Most people just play to kill and loot. There's no real problem with that, but it's not like introducing a different group of players are going to change the style of play that's already common.

they will have to make it easier for console users while we have to bind em ourselves

Still not an issue at all lol

I honestly doubt the game will be "ruined" because a market for different people is opened.

And you really think most people treat the game as survival as is? Most people just play to kill and loot. There's no real problem with that, but it's not like introducing a different group of players are going to change the style of play that's already common.

while we have bandits today like 30% to 60% when cross server platform is released it going to be like 80% KOSers/Bandits

Only thing I am worried about with the onset of a console version is if certain things will be eliminated and outright not even be considered if they do not fit in with the console version.

Things like

• Defecation and Disease
  • Cannibalism

Those I can't see getting added if the console version and the pc version have content parity.

Let's just hope they take the Operation flashpoint route.

Offering the full experience on pc with out fear of censorship.

Streamlined family friendly version in consoles like OFP elite was.

hahahah , even a controller with auto aim , its not gona do anything!! 

imagine the ps4 players hopping in a server with hardened dayz players who know allt here is to know since the mod and trying to get into a fight , it would be like night and day in the skill department.

and even if the ps4 playes could somehow link a mouse up to their box , they would be lagging all over the place dropping to 20 fps and staying at a 30 fps cap more than likely.

nasty nasty idea thinking that you could merge PC gaming servers and ps4s together , it would be a massive joke. more on the ps4 players because they would just be cannon fodder.

I sound like a PC fanboy but when you are faced with something said to you as stupid as that , all you can only do is tell the truth and thats the fact that most of out PCs are at least , very least 3 ps4's powerwise and thats a mid/verging high end build at say 1000 GPB. and that DOES  affect the quality level of the users game! as in the skill level they can build can only go so far.

I have done it before , played on  dayz servers when I had a shit PC and was using a control pad , (I bought my 1st PC for dayz mod 3 years ago now haha)

and I was getting slaughtered!!!  it was horrible , BUT , one thing I will say is that I bloody enjoyed it , because at the time it was new to me and I was eager to get good , little did I know that the tools and the crap system I had was setting me back.

I made my 1st high end build and then it just blew up in my face how better I got with the above 60 fps gameplay and mouse controlled gunplay.

So I know and can tell 1st hand that it would be a joke , aim assit or not ! , even if they had aimbots that snapped onto you when you turned towards them we would still priobs outgun them because we would shoot them before they even got around to start turning towards us.

I say no.

Edited by ScottishDavie

Please for the love of God NEVER use Comic San. 

Porting to consoles won't kill anything. There is an entire team behind the console port that has nothing to do with the PC team. ON top of that the port probably wotn be available for three years.

YAY! DayZ on PS4! and why i hate the idea. Ok hold on before you type some kind of hate comment im also going to talk about the upside of consoles.

Hahahahahahaaaa!  Man, anyone who spends their time writing and raging about PC vs Console just cracks me UP!  I play on PC but it makes me so mad somebody else who might use another platform might also get to play!  Grrrrrr!  Shampoo is better!  No Conditioner is better!  It leaves your hair silky and smooth.  

If you are a PC player, a console version AND its community have absolutely no effect on you, your game, or your community.  The same goes for the Console players.  

Everybody gets a piece of cake.  

Only thing I am worried about with the onset of a console version is if certain things will be eliminated and outright not even be considered if they do not fit in with the console version.

Things like

• Defecation and Disease
  • Cannibalism

Those I can't see getting added if the console version and the pc version have content parity.

Let's just hope they take the Operation flashpoint route.

Offering the full experience on pc with out fear of censorship.

Streamlined family friendly version in consoles like OFP elite was.

We're not entirely sure if defecation or cannibalism are going to be in at all, so don't make such presumptions. As for getting diseases, I highly doubt that people are going to bat an eye because you can get cholera in a game.

Either way, there's nothing stopping the devs from releasing the game with all of the same content as the full version. The only difference is going to be the system you play the game on. Left 4 dead 2 was censored on all versions in Germany and Australia, not just console or PC versions, so why would DayZ stay open on PC but go "streamlined family friendly" on PS4/Xbox One?

while we have bandits today like 30% to 60% when cross server platform is released it going to be like 80% KOSers/Bandits

How exactly can you prove this? Have you met every PC player and every console player ever, or at least all of the ones that have or will eventually have DayZ?

The only difference is going to be that one is (generally) played on a PC/Laptop with a keyboard and the other is (generally) played on a TV with a controller. The mentality of people isn't going to change, and it's not like there's some "arcade" infection on people who play on consoles.

As it stands, sometimes you get servers where everyone shoots anything that moves, and other times you get ones full of people who wouldn't hurt a fly. Most of the time it's a mix of those.

And what exactly is wrong with killing someone on sight or being a bandit? (which, by the way, are two separate things. Bandits definitely kill a lot, but not always, and they usually interact with people before doing so) Part of the reason it's so common is because there isn't a whole lot to do. Sure, the devs add new features and cool stuff all the time, but there's nothing that really takes a lot of time to do, or at least nothing that comes out very rewarding. Nothing will ever stop the mentality, and it will probably always be common, but your device has nothing to do with it.

Edited by Chaingunfighter

whats with the anoying trollish font and Color...gah...

moot Point OP, since there WILL BE dayZ for PS4 and there is nothing you could do...

Plus...i dont see any "Problems" for the PC here...

IF they manage a crossplatform System it will be fun times.. :D

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

In combination with cameras and body motion sensors DayZ could be a more involved experience. All you need is a menu button the the actions will allow you to carry out any movements.

Im for it. It will bring money to the coffers and finally alliw them to build that new map they were on about.

People seem to have overreacted somewhat when hearing that the game is coming to PS4. Firstly its been said since before the alpha release. The only difference is not it's been officially announced. Secondly they are not going to ruin the PC version just to accommodate consoles, they have been clear on that. Thirdly enough morons and children already play DayZ. Fourthly please don't use Comic Sans again.