boneboys

Stable - 0.48 Discussion

I just see it differently I guess. Nothing personal.

Kisses

The thing is, it's not a matter of view but you not understanding how a process works. It'd be like me saying:

"Well, as I see it they should have milk in cartons for me to devour, and then after that they should milk the cow for said milk to be in the carton in the first place." 

Maybe the analogy is a bit too ridiculous, dunnolol.

(This ain't personal either)

Edited by ivar

Patch 0.49

What happened? Was it not supose to get out this wednesday???

Didn't happen because they're still working on stuff. So next Wednesday, and the wipe too.

The stable update will come when 0.49 is ready for stable*. So no ETA. As for the wipe, the status report ( week of Aug 18 i think ) stated that the wipe will come once the duping issues are resolved. Noone knows if 0.49 will do the job.

* Concerning the patch being "ready": the current experimental version ( 49.124857 ) doesn't feel like its ready for stable as there seem to be problems with crashing servers and weird loot behaviour, so i think a new (49.XXXXXX ) experimental version will be the biggest indicator when stable gets updated.

Edited by ChainReactor

Patch 0.49

What happened? Was it not supose to get out this wednesday???

You obviously haven't tried .49 in EXP yet have you? If you did you would know they aren't ready yet.

Patience is good when things aren't ready.

OK,after going through hell just to get a password set up for this forum. What happened to the status reports on Dev Hub? That may put a lot of minds at ease and stop this craziness of guessing what is going on. I could give a Rats behind about the opinions of all you self proclaimed experts. I think we need to hear from the Developers.

Did you check the Dev Tracker today lipcut?

According to Chris Torchia Hicks isn't feeling well and will get the report out as soon as possible.

But I'm just a self proclaimed expert who has been playing DayZ for 2 years, so what do I know?

Oh yeah, I know how to follow a forum and maybe exercise some patience too. :/

• Like 2

Hey a big bug, I cant figure out how to report it with the tracker, but if you have a MP5K in your backpack, and pull it out, you can shoot or aim it.

big bug, almost got me killed. someone should report it I cant figure out how, feedback system is different.

If there a calendar somewhere which we can publicly view the currently projected estimated times of completion/release for updates and other important events such as full database wipe?

If not, is it possible that could be provided?

It's Wednesday!

Is stable going to be updated to 0.49 today and when is the character wipe going to be taking place?

It's Wednesday!

Is stable going to be updated to 0.49 today and when is the character wipe going to be taking place?

It's maintenance day, not update day.

The stable gets the 0.49 update after they get it running properly on experimental.

Next week, maybe.

Edited by Exorade

It's maintenance day, not update day.

The stable gets the 0.49 update after they get it running properly on experimental.

Next week, maybe.

They actually said they were patching on the 10th and patchs they do normally bring out on the maintenance days.Where you been for the past year? :p

• Like 1

They actually said they were patching on the 10th and patchs they do normally bring out on the maintenance days.Where you been for the past year? :P

This meaning that there will be a stable update today?

It's Wednesday!

New patch coming but not for stable.

Eugen Harton

@eugenharton

Experimental server going down in next few minutes, update incoming, ETA 2 hours

If you took the time to read the status report. You would know a new update is coming out for experimental. Once the new experimental is out. They'll release it to stable a few days there after. It is stated clearly in the status report. Lol. Do some research and read! ;)

Edited by Kronons

If you took the time to read the status report. You would know a new update is coming out for experimental. Once the new experimental is out. They'll release it to stable a few days there after. It is stated clearly in the status report. Lol. Do some research and read! ;)

Correct. Per Hicks 

"Status Report tomorrow will detail plan for release of 0.49 to stable, as well as some pretty awesome insight into Chernarus + dev."

So hopefully sometime today there will be a status report with a ETA on exp-stable.

Just the waiting game now :) 

The thing is, it's not a matter of view but you not understanding how a process works. It'd be like me saying:

"Well, as I see it they should have milk in cartons for me to devour, and then after that they should milk the cow for said milk to be in the carton in the first place." 

Maybe the analogy is a bit too ridiculous, dunnolol.

(This ain't personal either)

There are different ways to create things, not everyone uses the same creative processes

and I don't like milk

I've heard (I think it was the recent Hicks' stream) that they are aiming for a stable update today. Is this still a valid goal?

Doubtful to be honest, the experimental side still needs a lot of bugfixes and tweaks ironed out which possibly reflects the stable patches development.

Doubtful to be honest, the experimental side still needs a lot of bugfixes and tweaks ironed out which possibly reflects the stable patches development.

Thanks, I'm not actually playing experimental, so I don't know its status to be honest. Hence the question. :) Much obliged!

• Like 1

I played DayZ from v0.30.113925 (Jan' 14) to v 0.44.123802 ~6 months, until i got a bit bored as we all do with games from time to time. 3 months later, i return from playing Arma3 altis life.

I noticed a new Zombie running like a dog and i see a cow in a field... wow... some progress. STILL NO DAMN VEHICLES....  >:(

Is this a bug? - i had a noob moment and pulled my pants off admitidly, however why cant i swap clothes/guns over anymore ? bah!

This cold / hypodermic stuff... There's no point in playing in a server with rain. - or am i losing the plot ? as it rains every 20 secs which is frankly stupid. IRL there are more solutions than a puffer jacket and fire. Logically you would wear t-shirts ontop of t-shirts...- they really haven't thought this through even at alpha stages. I have server hopped due to rain and spawned in with no gear on 2 occasions because of this. i guess this is still normal to loose gear every now & then.

I noticed that Balota is different now and NEAF is different also - i'm yet to form an opinion on those. I've missed out on alot of the updates admittedly and i'm going to spend some time reviewing the change logs.

Any ETA on vehicles? i also understand there's persistant servers now? so much to learn.... :thumbsup:  :beans: