boneboys

Stable - 0.48 Discussion

Melee is not all that difficult. I do well with Axes, the Hoe and the Pick. Less so with the Pipe, Crowbar, Shovel and Bat. Never tried with the Sickle, Machete, knives or hammer?

TO bad we cant use matches and the paint can to catch zombies on fire!!!

Edited by bishopomega

Hey guys, I have a question about tents, if you could be so kind as to help me! I recently put down a tent with all this gear inside, not going into detail, but when I returned all the clothing inside was gone. As well as a little bit of ammo. Not the guns, not the food or equipment, just 5 players worth of clothing.

Now I know if anybody is going to rob you in this game, they are going to take it all. So do the tents just not save clothing, or did some poor naked soul really just want to cover up?

have no problems with melee, never have. Guess it might have something so to with always playing in 1st person. 

In older builds where melee was tracer based, it was actully quite good imo, you could even develop diferent tecnics for diferent weapons in order to make them more effective. But I think that  in the last build and this one we are using a placeholder, where they said you gotta aim with the crosshair, but it is wierd as fuck because it actually doesn't hit where the crosshair is, which makes me belive that they only removed most part of the tracers, and now you have to find a "sweet spot" in the swing animation that deals damage.

Thanks god this is going to change on the next build and the tracer system will be back! And if it does, 3rd person will be a lot better for melee because you will be able to see the whole animation and so have a lot more control over where/how you wanna hit something. First person servers will have a bit more hardcore melee imo

Melee is not all that difficult. I do well with Axes, the Hoe and the Pick. Less so with the Pipe, Crowbar, Shovel and Bat. Never tried with the Sickle, Machete, knives or hammer?

TO bad we cant use matches and the paint can to catch zombies on fire!!!

Sickle is gud, feels like the fists but you can actually hit shit with it lol. It saved me a couple of times!

Before the patch I liked the knives. Fast and effective. Now they are useless. The machete works though. You have to hit a zombie two or three times though which becomes a bit of a problem if there are three of them. Or if they are invisible, then it gets a wee bit harder.

Anyone else having issues with being scoped in with an sks and seeing only your hands? as in the sights are off? my AK on my back is fine scoped in but as I get my sks in my hands I scope in and its way off?

Anyone else have a 700mb approx update last night?

No, 18mb - seems like not gameplay related. Now on experimental there was a 900something mb update.

Anyone else have a 700mb approx update last night?

Confirmed, only 18 MB.

I thought it would be the version 0.49, but unfortunately, no.

Does anyone know why there is no thread for 0.49 in the experimental area?

I read somewhere ammo boxes only spawn at helicopter crash sites (just like FNX and M4A1, flashbangs and grenades) now but I can't confirm first hand since I never seem to stumble upon a crash site...

I can confirm that ammo boxes are spawning at heli crashes.

Anyone else having issues with being scoped in with an sks and seeing only your hands? as in the sights are off? my AK on my back is fine scoped in but as I get my sks in my hands I scope in and its way off?

I have that same problem.

I have played about 3 hours the last couple days. I have to say I have not seen the melee bug in .48 what so ever. Also zombies appear to be functional. This is a huge plus. Are they bug free...no but most are functional. So I will not complain about it good enough for alpha. 

The biggest error I have been running into is when I switch servers our try to log in. It seems time and time again I log in as a fresh spawn, and sometimes have to try multiple times until I get my geared chr to come back. At 1st I thought this was down right CHR wipes, but its not. Now I heard always wait a few minutes after a server restart...not sure wether this is whats causing this issue or not. It's weird and I'm seeing it quite abit. Persistent servers seem to be the most effected from what I noticed. Did I miss something? Anyone else seeing this?

Another thing that has been really helping me a great deal is watching ping like a hawk, I'm also checking were servers are from as well. DayZ is much more effected by ping. There is no doupt in my mind what so ever that after .47 stable, I'm seeing ping related issues that are worse then ever. High ping seems to cause the game to bug out, were it didn't before .47. But as long as I keep an eye on it my game runs fairly smoothly. So I can work around it, but it is something I have to watch.

Edited by CJFlint

Ok so i am going to admit duping and being in a glitched area befor i state my problem. Ok so after i logg out of the glitched area in berinzeno i tried logging back on and it says my character could not be loaded in and has been reset and admis have been contacted and restrt dayz to connect. So im like ok and restrt my dayz and it gives me the sam message and an infinite please wait screen i was on that screen for almost an hour befor i stopped trying. This only happens with regulay servers hardcore and experimental servers i can join fine. If anyone has any fixes please contact me this is the 3rd day this has been going on.

Ok so i am going to admit duping and being in a glitched area befor i state my problem. Ok so after i logg out of the glitched area in berinzeno i tried logging back on and it says my character could not be loaded in and has been reset and admis have been contacted and restrt dayz to connect. So im like ok and restrt my dayz and it gives me the sam message and an infinite please wait screen i was on that screen for almost an hour befor i stopped trying. This only happens with regulay servers hardcore and experimental servers i can join fine. If anyone has any fixes please contact me this is the 3rd day this has been going on.

I think you can contact BI support to get a reset char in such a case, and fucking stop cheating you cheater. CHEATER! You fuck up the game for the rest.

• Like 3

You want a fix for your situation? Simple.

DON'T CHEAT!! I know that's a new idea to you, but try it. It's more fun, for us and you. 

You don't deserve support, you were glitching and duping, so deal with the consequences. Just run yourself to death and be done with it. Redeem yourself from your cheaty ways, and become a legit player, die and re-gear just like the rest of us.

• Like 1

many tears....      

We all learn from our errors, don't despair if your character is still lost you can make a ticket here,,,,

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/191410-dayz-support-stuck-characters/#entry1955273

Read carefuly and follow the instruction closely.

are we on 0.49 now severs are back up?

Edited by RyanH

Edit - Spawned as a freshie naked so i assumed it was the wipe but my client says 0.48 still

Edit - Spawned as a freshie naked so i assumed it was the wipe but my client says 0.48 still

You must have gone on a server that has lost connectivity with the hive. I still have my third person (I haven't checked first person) character.

I thought it was implemented now, based on all the forum feedback, was to be last week wednesday but it was posponed till today, however the servers seem to be  back up and running on 0.48 and i cant find information anywhere so far