r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8.2

I think we said to move attack range up by .1 not that its going to make a massive difference 

Cool, thanks.  Whatever it settles on I hope zombies can get hits on you while your player is running.  As much as I absolutely love this mod (more than any video game I've played), the zombies are a non-factor when you can avoid them by simply running in a straight line.  Nobody ever gets worried or freaked out about zombies when you can outrun them.  I much prefer having to dupe them by losing LoS and being stealthy.  1.8.1 added a lot of intensity to the game.  

Edited by Bullet_Catcher

Bullet so it's mostly happening after death and logging back in?  I haven't died for 30 days.  Not a major accomplishment since I don't play that often or long and I treat everyone with prejudice and play like a hermit.

Here's the feedback from a couple of the Knights guys:

Smurf:

yeah; seems to be server wide. would explain the high amount of survivors lol

Its random, like every 3rd death or only during high server load... Can't nail it down yet. It's happened to me 3-4 times now. 4-5 to medic.

I've gone from 1200, 3800, and -1200 back to 2500 randomly on death.
It's not wide-spread enough for people to start noticing/exploiting yet

Medic:

My humanity gets reset everytime that I die and like every 3rd or 4th time when I log out and back in. At first I thought it had to do with the hero skin but it happened to me as well when I've been in the bandit skin

Here's the feedback from a couple of the Knights guys:

Smurf:

Medic:

I'm wondering if this is specific to machines?  Hmmm... well I'm flying back home so let look at this further on the weekend.

I'm wondering if this is specific to machines?  Hmmm... well I'm flying back home so let look at this further on the weekend.

Not sure.  What we do know is that it's definitely happening to a lot of people on the server whether they realize it or not.  The server is almost completely void of bandits or heroes.  Everyone we meet is a survivor, even after they kill high humanity survivors (we bumped into a survivor that had killed 2 guys the day before that had 3k+ humanity...he had only been playing on the server for a couple days, so he absolutely should have been a bandit but we lost hmanity when we killed him).

I have not gotten any reports on this happening on my server. To me this sounds like a database related issue. Let me know if there's anything we can do to help.

Cheers.

Just in-case it could be database related it would be interesting to know what database schema the ones experiencing it is running.

I have not gotten any reports on this happening on my server. To me this sounds like a database related issue. Let me know if there's anything we can do to help.

Cheers.

It has happened also on your server, Vinyl Junkie. Remember when I told you that it happened to me over side chat? It was a while ago, back in 1.8.1. At that time I thought it might be an issue related to your database, but since then it has happened to me also on other servers.

It has happened also on your server, Vinyl Junkie. Remember when I told you that it happened to me over side chat? It was a while ago, back in 1.8.1. At that time I thought it might be an issue related to your database, but since then it has happened to me also on other servers.

Interesting, I don't remember it but good to know. Any idea what could be causing it?

Any idea for approximate 1.8.3 release date?

I have been seeing this on my server as well.  When players with bandit skins die, they respawn as regular survivors.

Check out the github link R4z0r posted. We have a reliable way to reproduce it now (thanks to the Knigts Clan). R4z0r is aware of it as well.

• Like 1

So some good news we now have permission to push dev branches direct to steam. We still have some red tape but hopefully this should allow the guys to get stuff tested faster.

As for a release date for 1.8.3 i really don't know we will do what we can.

• Like 2

So some good news we now have permission to push dev branches direct to steam. We still have some red tape but hopefully this should allow the guys to get stuff tested faster.

As for a release date for 1.8.3 i really don't know we will do what we can.

These are great news, aren't they? 

Yay!

Hey, a question for you developers regarding the fog. It's so dense and so often now that some players are starting to question if it's really normal. Is it? Is there some way to set it differently? What decides the ammount of fog? I remembers seeing the weather file in one of the pbo's earlier but cant seem to find it anymore.

What do you other vanilla server owners say? Geryon? Baker? Skydive? Do you also have alot of fog? 

Thanks and have a nice weekend.

Hey, a question for you developers regarding the fog. It's so dense and so often now that some players are starting to question if it's really normal. Is it? Is there some way to set it differently? What decides the ammount of fog? I remembers seeing the weather file in one of the pbo's earlier but cant seem to find it anymore.

What do you other vanilla server owners say? Geryon? Baker? Skydive? Do you also have alot of fog? 

Thanks and have a nice weekend.

Yes it's been considered 'normal' ever since the 1.8.2.  I'm on the fence with it but in the end game play isn't entirely affected by it.  I do like the fact that it minimizes the long range sniping that was prevalent in the previous versions.  Back then it was mostly a sniping/counter sniping war with little need for standard gun play.  The fog does somewhat reduce it.  

I have another question for the developers.  Is there a possibility to control the number of zombies or throttle them (in relation to player count)?  I'm also curious as to the design reason for deciding to add zombie spawns on major power lines?  Not to criticize but more curious.  It's somewhat related to the zombie throttling and an overall way to have more control over server load (outside of reducing the max player count).

Edited by Geryon
  • Like 1

Not really without messing about anyway. We had some ideas some time ago to give the server admins much more control over everything but it was denied when we asked about the changes. Adding a dev branch on steam was also denied back then as well. So might ask the question again now especially now the hive is down also

Changelog sent to hicks waiting on response for dev release(on steam).

• Like 3

Not really without messing about anyway. We had some ideas some time ago to give the server admins much more control over everything but it was denied when we asked about the changes. Adding a dev branch on steam was also denied back then as well. So might ask the question again now especially now the hive is down also

Okay thank you R4z0r.  Yah I don't want to mess about too much if at all. Been there and done that with Epoch and it's a royal pain on upgrades.

Here's a list of issues that we see on US 434 when nearing 50 players.  I realize there's nothing you can do with my personal environment 

• Following menus stop appearing: cooking, boiling and fill jerry can (the ones I've noticed).  Requires a log out to lobby or disconnect completely and re-log to remedy (not sure if this is simply spurious correlation).
  • Loot and zombies stop spawning in for certain players. I've noticed this with myself personally.
  • Server FPS hangs around 3-5 fps.

Okay thank you R4z0r.  Yah I don't want to mess about too much if at all. Been there and done that with Epoch and it's a royal pain on upgrades.

Here's a list of issues that we see on US 434 when nearing 50 players.  I realize there's nothing you can do with my personal environment 

• Following menus stop appearing: cooking, boiling and fill jerry can (the ones I've noticed).  Requires a log out to lobby or disconnect completely and re-log to remedy (not sure if this is simply spurious correlation).
  • Loot and zombies stop spawning in for certain players. I've noticed this with myself personally.
  • Server FPS hangs around 3-5 fps.

The action menu system has been redone for 1.8.3 lets hope it works better.

When you stop getting loot and zeds spawning take a look in your log file or run -showScriptErrors on the command line to display a black box ingame if a script goes wrong.

Server FPS is a pain but in short there isn't a whole lot we can do with it. restart the server more oftern, Lower amount of clients connecting, upgrade your CPU 3.4mhz

• Like 1

Ok, thanks!

The action menu system has been redone for 1.8.3 lets hope it works better.

When you stop getting loot and zeds spawning take a look in your log file or run -showScriptErrors on the command line to display a black box ingame if a script goes wrong.

Server FPS is a pain but in short there isn't a whole lot we can do with it. restart the server more oftern, Lower amount of clients connecting, upgrade your CPU 3.4mhz

Okay thank you again for the reply.  I ran with -showScriptErrors and no issues.  I'll think this over and consider adjusting the restarts and player count.  Unfortunately the Xenon chip is already at 3.4 ghz so not too much I can do and probably not worth the cost for a slight better single core processing unit.  Now only if there was a way to consolidate multiple cores into a single virtual cpu and run the server over a VM.

Okay thank you again for the reply.  I ran with -showScriptErrors and no issues.  I'll think this over and consider adjusting the restarts and player count.  Unfortunately the Xenon chip is already at 3.4 ghz so not too much I can do and probably not worth the cost for a slight better single core processing unit.  Now only if there was a way to consolidate multiple cores into a single virtual cpu and run the server over a VM.

How often do you restart US434 Geryon? Im at a 3h restart interval.