r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8.2

Well, a server isn't really true vanilla if there is an antihack installed, I am afraid.

Antihacks are the sources of most errors clients are exposed to and 100% Admin's fault. Nothing we can do about it.

Are you for real? Have you ever run a server of your own with more then 30 ppl on? Let me remind you that we are the people supporting your work now when the official hive is gone and you tell us we are not running vanilla servers because we have Anti Hack?

We have to have Anti Hacks, because if we don't the server will be infested with hackers and players will leave and abandon YOUR mod.

Statements like these makes me really angry as I am doing everything to support you guys. And the AH is mandatory, I thought you knew that.

Also I am the one that contacted Chris (Infistar) to help him implement support for the 1.8.1 blood test kit, this was done this summer.

Don't tell us we are not running vanilla because there is an AH installed, that is just BS.

Find a way to work even closer to us and help us instead.

Have a nice evening.

Edited by vinyljunkie
  • Like 1

Statements like these makes me really angry as I am doing everything to support you guys. And the AH is mandatory, I thought you knew that.

Also I am the one that contacted Chris (Infistar) to help him implement support for the 1.8.1 blood test kit, this was done this summer.

Why is that? It's not like I am damning or forbidding anything like this. But it's obvious that Antihacks are not helping us trying to troubleshoot problems, such as the bloodtesting not working.

There is nothing I can do to troubleshoot for users other than saying that it's not happening in any of our testbuilds and it's obvious that it's the antihack's fault.

Don't tell me how to troubleshoot as much as I won't tell you how to run your server. You have all right to have an antihack running on your server and I encourage you to do. But if you do, you lose support by us and we can't help you troubleshooting, nor can we take bugreports seriously, as they're being caused by that very antihack.

Have you ever run a server of your own with more then 30 ppl on?

Yes, I have. Multiple servers. With antihacks. And I know that I can't troubleshooting sourcecode if my antihack is changing the behaviour of that code. But thanks for asking.

female gender "Insuficient Blood from donor" when trying to fill empty blodbag. Heatlh = 12000 / Hungry = 0 / Thirst = 0.  Four attempts made with different tranfusion kits and different empty bags. Using the same bags and transfusion kits on male gender no problem. tried logging out and back into server = no change

Was the female player menstruating at the time?  Sorry... I just couldn't resist.

I'm a 10 year old trapped inside a 40 year old body.

• Like 1

Well, a server isn't really true vanilla if there is an antihack installed, I am afraid.

Antihacks are the sources of most errors clients are exposed to and 100% Admin's fault. Nothing we can do about it.

As a developer I can understand kichilron's statement. It's hard to diagnose a problem with additional variables in the mix. As kichilron state after it's not meant as a damning statement of using AH. It just makes it more difficult to solve an issue with another piece of code that the dayzmod has no control over with respect to version control.

• Like 1

True, but somewhat far from reality. I understand you statement. Antihacks make bugfixing somewhat annoying. But as a server owner you have to face the fact, that we have to deal with super-lame hackers all the time and the various antihacking scripts help a lot. From a player standpoint a vanilla server is a vanilla server, no matter if using an anithack script or not.

I think we all can come to an agreement on this point. Anithacks help but can be a hassle. Wether a server using anithack scripts is vanilla or not it´s just a matter of opinion.

I think we all can come to an agreement on this point. Anithacks help but can be a hassle. Wether a server using anithack scripts is vanilla or not it´s just a matter of opinion.

In this context it was just being used by as a statement that that is what is causing the issue, hence why it's not vanilla.

I may repeat myself, but you are more than welcome to use an AH on your server (and still have it completely vanilla). The only thing I was referring to is that I can't troubleshoot nor can I take problems seriously reported to me from a server using an antihack. It has been proven multiple times, at the latest just now with people reporting the Bloodtesting not working - which was caused by an AH.

We have a 100% vanilla server running. Hardcore mode. Not for the casual player.

nice, i thought servers like this are non-existant nowadays. all we need are a few players now :)

In this context it was just being used by as a statement that that is what is causing the issue, hence why it's not vanilla.

I may repeat myself, but you are more than welcome to use an AH on your server (and still have it completely vanilla). The only thing I was referring to is that I can't troubleshoot nor can I take problems seriously reported to me from a server using an antihack. It has been proven multiple times, at the latest just now with people reporting the Bloodtesting not working - which was caused by an AH.

the only way an AH would stop it from working is if the dialog idd is not whitelisted... so thats up to the admins to actually know what their doing. And that is one of the big problems these days

there all nubcakes who are uterly clueless what their doing...

On the flipside id like to report that the rope equip item is causing graphical artifacts like the barbwire fence does...

Edited by UK431Soul

the only way an AH would stop it from working is if the dialog idd is not whitelisted... so thats up to the admins to actually know what their doing. And that is one of the big problems these days

there all nubcakes who are uterly clueless what their doing...

Which is what I have been trying to say all along.

Edited by kichilron

Have you ever run a server of your own with more then 30 ppl on? 

Shame on you kichilron lol. 

Kichi isn't talking out his arse, what he is saying is they don't develop with an anti hack running. So when there is a release 99% of issues are either a] sorted out or b] well known and being worked on. It is difficult for a dev to troubleshoot code he didn't write or even use during development. 

Edited by Bakermensch
  • Like 1

Overall great update thanks again!

But one thing I really don't like is that tents are there for only three days? That must be the most stupid feature ever if you ask me.. Nothing more to do besides killing other players or die and start over

Or am I missing something here? :S

Overall great update thanks again!

But one thing I really don't like is that tents are there for only three days? That must be the most stupid feature ever if you ask me.. Nothing more to do besides killing other players or die and start over

Or am I missing something here? :S

Must be something your admin has set we only remove tents if they have been destroyed, empy, not used for 7 days

Word of warning:

In 1.8.1 I had 3 military canteens with boiled water. Came back today to 1.8.2. to see they have become water bottles. Which is fine. Drank.. and got infected. Great... So the update has changed my boiled water into infected unboiled water.

We did not change anything about the waterbottles other than the model itself - so this shouldn't be happening.

I will take a look into it to make sure there is no bug present, however.

Must be something your admin has set we only remove tents if they have been destroyed, empy, not used for 7 days

Hmm ok thanks for the info. :)

Although the deleting after 7 days means not going on a holiday without losing your tents (at least as long as your not co-opping with a clan or another player)

stiil not cool :(

Hmm ok thanks for the info. :)

Although the deleting after 7 days means not going on a holiday without losing your tents (at least as long as your not co-opping with a clan or another player)

stiil not cool :(

Its admin controlled they can change without  any issue.

Word of warning:

In 1.8.1 I had 3 military canteens with boiled water. Came back today to 1.8.2. to see they have become water bottles. Which is fine. Drank.. and got infected. Great... So the update has changed my boiled water into infected unboiled water.

As kich has said only the model has changed the classnames have remained the same. 

It might be the mechanic of "finding a randomly infected bottle". As in, sometimes you used to find a water bottle (military canteen style) which was full, and after you drank it, it turned out to be infected (had this on 2 servers). Perhaps the game has treated the transition from military canteen to water bottle as "finding a randomly no/yes-infected water bottle".

All I know is that I had 3 military canteens filled from a well (near the church at Gorka). Which I even believe were boiled but cannot say for sure. Either way, it shouldn't have happend.

It might be the mechanic of "finding a randomly infected bottle". As in, sometimes you used to find a water bottle (military canteen style) which was full, and after you drank it, it turned out to be infected (had this on 2 servers). Perhaps the game has treated the transition from military canteen to water bottle as "finding a randomly no/yes-infected water bottle".

All I know is that I had 3 military canteens filled from a well (near the church at Gorka). Which I even believe were boiled but cannot say for sure. Either way, it shouldn't have happend.

If it doesn't say (Boiled) behind it, you're gonna have a bad time...

If it doesn't say (Boiled) behind it, you're gonna have a bad time...

Depending on where you got the water, yes. We have the infected waterholes, which have a 100% chance of infecting you.

But if you boil your water, you're always safe.

Has there been a revent update or something? I don't seem to be able to drink from any wells anymore. The always present option of "Drink" seems to have disappeared entirely, even when I'm right next to a well. This is on a vanilla server...

Has there been a revent update or something? I don't seem to be able to drink from any wells anymore. The always present option of "Drink" seems to have disappeared entirely, even when I'm right next to a well. This is on a vanilla server...

Then it´s not a 100% vanilla server and the admin fiddled a bit with stuff.

• Like 1