Forrelist

Is anyone else finding current stable build.. well, unplayable?

Hi guys,

This isn't a bug report, hence why it is not in bug reporting area on this forum :- but I'm wondering if some of these things are just affecting me, or everyone else.

Tried to play stable today and faced several issues that outright prevented me from playing the game.

Some of the following.

• Every time I bandage, I only get the option 'cancel current action'. Once this goes away,  my character does some weird animation like he is being handcuffed and eventually bandages. sometimes I cannot bandage at all, and have to just log out.
  • The second issue I have is with some of the zombies, they slide along the ground in the dead animation and still hit you. It is difficult to hit them back because they don't seem to be where my client thinks  they are. Zombies are also hitting me through the wall, or hitting the air in a place I was in several seconds ago, still managing to get hits into me, and ruin several items.
  • My character will randomly decide to throw his weapon away, and I'm not pressing G. Very frustrating.
  • When I was in the grass in prone, firing my mosin at some attackers , I was doing a full reload cycle after every single shot. This was pretty gamebreaking, I could only get one shot off every 5 seconds.
  • Drinking water does some animation where I appear to be getting knocked out, but I just get back up.
  • Using morphine freezes my character to the spot. I have done this several times in the latest build, and each time it has frozen me. The only solution was to log out.
  •  My weapons will sometimes decide that they don't want to fire when I tell them to, as well as melee combat being very poor at the moment. Trying to melee with a zombie is almost impossible for me at least.
  •  I cannot pull certain weapons into my hands using the hotbar.
  •  I got into a fight with other players in Berezino and I was heavilly desyncing with them , they were literally teleporting around, some of them floating on the ground  instead of doing a running animation. I ran to safety and then my legs randomly broke and I started bleeding. I guess one of them hit my desyncing player who was several seconds behind my client.

So yes, Is it just me getting all of the above, consistently on stable? It's unplayable right now for me, so I'm going to lay off until next patch.

thanks,

Forrell

• Like 2

I havnt seen most of these bugs. But the zombies are very hard to kill with the melee system currently. but, other than that. I think the game is making progress. Of course this doesn't seem like a rant post. But all of these do make an understandable argument of why to wait. But of course it is a pre-alpha. So things like this will be present and fixed. but unplayable? Not really. It can be dealt with. But either way, waiting does seem like an idea if these bugs are rather frequent with you. But hang in there. They will be fixed. Accept for the one guy who complained yesterday he was done with the game XD Some people just dont understand. Right op?

• Like 1

The second and last point are really the same thing - everyone's getting these desync issues from time to time, though anecdotal evidence suggests that a significant part of that depends on which server you're on.

I've gotten the third issue once so far. Others I know have had it happen a couple of times. Throwing a full-pristine LRS mosin off a cliff and into the ocean is somewhat annoying. =3

Addendum: Regarding the melee changes, they take some readjustment but aren't game-breaking. The first-person animation definitely doesn't line up properly with the actual hitbox any longer, but it only took me half a dozen zombies to readjust. No troubles now.

Edited by Funkmaster Rick
  • Like 1

I havnt seen most of these bugs. But the zombies are very hard to kill with the melee system currently. but, other than that. I think the game is making progress. Of course this doesn't seem like a rant post. But all of these do make an understandable argument of why to wait. But of course it is a pre-alpha. So things like this will be present and fixed. but unplayable? Not really. It can be dealt with. But either way, waiting does seem like an idea if these bugs are rather frequent with you. But hang in there. They will be fixed. Accept for the one guy who complained yesterday he was done with the game XD Some people just dont understand. Right op?

I get exactly where you are coming from. This is the first time since December that I've been feeling that I should just take a break while the issues  are resolved. I Just wasn't having much fun tonight at all. The issues in my list were just happening over and over.

I know most of these bugs, but they appear very, very rarely. I can play the game without problems. Here's what I think on your points:

1.: That appears very rarely to me. I never had to log out.

2.: I know that one though. But the zombies only hit me one single time when they're dead, and that's just because of the desync.

3.: That's a hack. Other players force your character to do so.

4.: I never play Mosin, can't comment.

5.: Never got that one.

6.: Never got that one.

7.: That's indeed an annoying issue, experienced by many players.

8.: Sometimes it doesn't work first try, but then it does (for me).

9.: Maybe teleport hackers. Another hack enables players to hit survivors from a distance, through walls. Or, as you supposed, it's really just desync.

All in all, it doesn't break the game for me, and the other issues are due to bad optimisations or can and will be fixed in the next build. So nothing to worry about, I guess ;)

• Like 1

I get exactly where you are coming from. This is the first time since December that I've been feeling that I should just take a break while the issues  are resolved. I Just wasn't having much fun tonight at all. The issues in my list were just happening over and over.

And that's fine. Taking a break from a game due to it's current unplayable problems is fine. I took a break from The Forest because everytime time I hit a bush or small tree it studders. But I will go back. As I assume you will come back here.

The second and last point are really the same thing - everyone's getting these desync issues from time to time, though anecdotal evidence suggests that a significant part of that depends on which server you're on.

I've gotten the third issue once so far. Others I know have had it happen a couple of times. Throwing a full-pristine LRS mosin off a cliff and into the ocean is somewhat annoying. =3

Addendum: Regarding the melee changes, they take some readjustment but aren't game-breaking. The first-person animation definitely doesn't line up properly with the actual hitbox any longer, but it only took me half a dozen zombies to readjust. No troubles now.

As you said you don't experience any of these bugs frequently. As I do not either. But he is having some frequent bug problems. So if anything I am on his side in this. As I see you are? (But fuck that. I would kill my character if he threw my fucking m4.....I only throw bibles at the players I kill XD Gotta upload my video of that to here)

1. Never seen this one yet
2. I haven't had them slide after killed, but my god are they otherwise a bear to deal with. Certain ones pass through walls and doors almost every time, but none of them fall through stairs any more, so the only safe places are on roofs or firestation towers. They hit even when you are very far away from them (sometimes out of sight entirely), have very small hit boxes, respawn constantly so that if you shoot one, another will always replace it and are able to track you without line of sight even if you are crawling. Of anything you mention, this is what makes things the hardest to play for me since I don't travel in groups. The hoppers are almost assured to destroy half of your gear if you have to fight just one of them in melee (as often happens if you burn up all your shots trying to get rid of the endless horde walking through the closed doors and climbing the stairs to get you.)
3. This, as was said above, sounds like the latest hack. I do find that G gets accidentally tapped often when I am trying to press F, causing several items of gear to have gotten lost. I remapped my throw key and haven't had a problem since.
4. I almost never lay prone with the mosin since I am rarely sniping in a location with a clear shot from the prone position. I haven't noticed this problem from crouched though.
5. Never seen this happen.
6. I haven't found morphine a single time since the patch.
7. This happens constantly. It seems to happen most often when there are three or more zombies very close to me and I am doing a reload. I am not sure why that is, but once it happens, the gun won't do anything for me most of the time until I log out and log back in. More than once a snaploader that had been in it was gone entirely from my inventory after the reload. I know the zombies aren't hitting me, so not sure what it is.
8. Haven't seen this bug happen.
9. Framerate on a busy server jumps around a lot now with the latest patch and zombie spawning. It will be fine one minute and then suddenly jumping and crawling the next. I expect this will fix a little in the next patch.

Switch to experimental, do the update, log in and back out and then switch back again to stable build, repeat previous steps for stable, and see if that reinstall fixes any of your issues. :)

Edited by lrish
  • Like 1

Good to see that you're giving the game a break rather than just whining about it. When something happens that effectively breaks the game, I just stop playing for a while. Sometimes I leave it for a couple of versions so I come back to some neat new items and features.

Back when there were -massive- rubberbanding issues (I forget which version it was) I just didn't play for a couple of weeks. I'm sort of doing the same here. I've run into so many glitches this version that mess up the game, when before I never really had any issues - at least none that I couldn't find an easy workaround for.

I'll wait a version or two - at least until the big bugs are ironed out. I don't really like not being able to swing my axe or fire my gun.

• Like 1

Switch to experimental, do the update, log in and back out and then switch back again to stable build, repeat previous steps for stable, and see if that reinstall fixes any of your issues. :)

I'll give it a bash.

On a side note, has anyone been able to play both Stable and Experimental servers, using only the Experimental build? I'm not sure if this is intended, but I have been able to do so.

Very unplayable, so I took a break. Have issues where I randomly die in open fields with broken legs and the LMB freeze while in a firefight. Never experienced the throwing gun issue but my friends complained a lot about it when he threw his mosin of the apartments in Novo. Zombies constantly respawning and has a 1 mile view is also kind of a problem When they hit me from the floor below its gamebreaking. Also the animations are out of whack... try skinning a deer... You will get thrown around like a ragdoll and get locked into a weird stance.

Edited by aasand

Have to confess I've not faced any of these problems, the zombies seem to be marginally harder to hit but that's about all, can still drop them in 1 or 2 hits.

#3:  I'm not sure if this is a constant issue or not, as I only had an hour of play time after a respawn and it took me a while before I even found a weapon or axe.  Ironically this issue is what caused me to lose my life in the first place, thus the respawn.  So onto the issue.  When going prone with a weapon or melee weapon(I only tried with an axe), my character will immediately stand back up and throw the weapon.  I duplicated this a dozen times or more in a row.  If I put the weapon away and went prone my character would stay prone.  If I got the weapon back out and went prone, my character would instantly stand back up and throw the weapon.  I duplicated this several times before the respawn, but didn't really realize what was happening until after the respawn when I had more time to mess with it.  My character never threw the weapon unless I went prone.  I can't remember if there was a time that I went prone, with a weapon in hand, and it didn't happen.  So I don't want to say that it's a constant issue... it may be sporadic.  Several players have reported this problem on the DayZ Feedback Tracker... even implying that it may also have something to do with free look.  Which if using the Track IR, you are constantly free looking to some extent.  I just happen to use a Track IR.  I play with a friend every night that has not duplicated the issue.  Ironically he does not have a Track IR nor does he use free look(I'm not sure how he even plays the game without free look).

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=14049

Edited by Broadfield

Hi guys,

This isn't a bug report, hence why it is not in bug reporting area on this forum :- but I'm wondering if some of these things are just affecting me, or everyone else.

Tried to play stable today and faced several issues that outright prevented me from playing the game.

Some of the following.

• Every time I bandage, I only get the option 'cancel current action'. Once this goes away,  my character does some weird animation like he is being handcuffed and eventually bandages. sometimes I cannot bandage at all, and have to just log out.
  • The second issue I have is with some of the zombies, they slide along the ground in the dead animation and still hit you. It is difficult to hit them back because they don't seem to be where my client thinks  they are. Zombies are also hitting me through the wall, or hitting the air in a place I was in several seconds ago, still managing to get hits into me, and ruin several items.
  • My character will randomly decide to throw his weapon away, and I'm not pressing G. Very frustrating.
  • When I was in the grass in prone, firing my mosin at some attackers , I was doing a full reload cycle after every single shot. This was pretty gamebreaking, I could only get one shot off every 5 seconds.
  • Drinking water does some animation where I appear to be getting knocked out, but I just get back up.
  • Using morphine freezes my character to the spot. I have done this several times in the latest build, and each time it has frozen me. The only solution was to log out.
  •  My weapons will sometimes decide that they don't want to fire when I tell them to, as well as melee combat being very poor at the moment. Trying to melee with a zombie is almost impossible for me at least.
  •  I cannot pull certain weapons into my hands using the hotbar.
  •  I got into a fight with other players in Berezino and I was heavilly desyncing with them , they were literally teleporting around, some of them floating on the ground  instead of doing a running animation. I ran to safety and then my legs randomly broke and I started bleeding. I guess one of them hit my desyncing player who was several seconds behind my client.

So yes, Is it just me getting all of the above, consistently on stable? It's unplayable right now for me, so I'm going to lay off until next patch.

thanks,

Forrell

It's like you're playing a different game or something. I haven't had any of those things happen. It sounds like you've got more going on there.

• 1) Never seen.

2) Yes, players also do this when knocked unconscious and waking up again sometimes. Superspeed dead animation.

3. Common problem

4) Haven't had mosin on 47. yet but don't surprise me

5) Yes, canteens do this if standing. Also when skinning deers.

6) Havent seen

7) LMB lock glitch happens very often, gamebreaking often.

8) Always been clunky but friend reported it several times..

9) Breaking legs and dying is more common than being shot for me in 47. Players who look dead but aren't and floats around (same with zombies) happen from time to time but most likely some unwanted ragdoll glitch.

**** Would add hard to loot bodies and zombies that hit you from outside building and downstairs to the list.

This is a recent problem for you? I've pretty much swore off of DayZSA until at least the end of the year. I'm getting by DayZ fix with ArmA 3 Breaking Point (never thought I'd say that; I hate BP), Unturned, and Contagion, plus Survive the Nights will be out sooner than later

Once I figured out how to melee again effectively, honestly have found the new bulid to be just fine (granted I haven't gotten to play it nearly as much as I'd like to) 

The ONLY issue I've come across so far is ...

A.) Leg broke for no reason, but auto-injection and back to surviving. Only happen once, but I've probably only spent about 6-7 hours in DayZ since the update ;/

B.) Random items went missing in my shirt and pants, being all my crafting items (matchbox, duct tape, ect) and a medpack : MANY items in my backpack randomly disappeared, by that I mean two yellow cases (one with 3 canteens and one with several cans of food and rice, a ammo box, and a medpack. All that was left inside it was the only remaining 2 yellow boxes ;/ gratefully though, the two remaining had my compass / sewing kit / weapon kit / head-light / canopener / handcuffs & key / binocs aka .. my rarest stuff ;3

I have dealt with a lot of the same issues.

Also, whenever I drink from a well I get stuck and have to relog. I died twice because I got attacked by a zombie while I was drinking. It's not fun to play at the moment. I will come back in a couple of weeks when all of these problems are sorted.

Edited by scriptfactory

Get food, Get Water, and Get into the woods.... Wait it out, Camp it out.

I read up on these issues and i bugged the hell out, Keeping an eye on here for some better words next patch drop.

For now im eating beans in a deer stand far far away =)

Good Luck Hunters!

. I think the game is making progress.

How does this patch show you any meaningful progress? Just an honest question.

This is a recent problem for you? I've pretty much swore off of DayZSA until at least the end of the year. I'm getting by DayZ fix with ArmA 3 Breaking Point (never thought I'd say that; I hate BP), Unturned, and Contagion, plus Survive the Nights will be out sooner than later

Feb of next year is open alpha. Fuck ye, time to build my base, put some plants in pots....And sit back, and turn the lights off and on cause that shit is cool ingames

Edited by Jfiles

How does this patch show you any meaningful progress? Just an honest question.

Tents are in. Persistent storage is on its way. Bugs are being fixed almost every patch. Cars are already being developed. The game doesn't develop massively over one patch. Games are like children. Guide it. Teach it. Then it will become something you are proud of. So, in other words. Cool your shit and kick back.

• Like 1

Get food, Get Water, and Get into the woods.... Wait it out, Camp it out.

I read up on these issues and i bugged the hell out, Keeping an eye on here for some better words next patch drop.

For now im eating beans in a deer stand far far away =)

Good Luck Hunters!

Aw ya. me and my buddy got a tent kicked back near our old Epoch base location. We are waiting for the persistent storage, so we can find a dedicated server. don't want one personally hosted. Too unreliable. But when it comes out I can store my lovely m4....finally sweet relief to travel without looking behind my back to keep my Bessy safe.

EDIT: Bessy is what I call my gun...Just to clarify.

Edited by Jfiles