Forrelist

Is anyone else finding current stable build.. well, unplayable?

Feb of next year is open alpha. Fuck ye, time to build my base, put some plants in pots....And sit back, and turn the lights off and on cause that shit is cool ingames

When Survive the Nights beta starts, I'm going to get a generator as quickly as possible and fill it up just so I can turn the lights on/off for a few hours.

I'll give it a bash.

On a side note, has anyone been able to play both Stable and Experimental servers, using only the Experimental build? I'm not sure if this is intended, but I have been able to do so.

That could be your problem right there, changes to the experimental build causing conflicts in-game. Defo try what Irish said and reinstall the stable files then try again :)

When Survive the Nights beta starts, I'm going to get a generator as quickly as possible and fill it up just so I can turn the lights on/off for a few hours.

Does sound like a lot of fun right!?! I am not alone!

How does this patch show you any meaningful progress? Just an honest question.

Well disregarding 99% of the changelog and just picking up on the big thing....NAVMESH

How long have people been moaning about zed clipping and not following doors ect....hell there was a thread a day about it.

Now how many threads have you seen saying "gratz" or"thanks" or "well done".....people love to complain and blind themselves to actuall progress IMO

• Like 1

Why would I thank them for doing proper zombie pathfinding (which can't be called proper right now)? I might thank them when zombies quit detecting me from 500 meters range. Regarding zombies, nothing changed for me except "bring more bandages". I still don't consider them dangerous after I figured out when they hit you from a distance.

Also to the other guy who said he never experienced ANY of the bugs stated: You are probably playing a diffrent game, not him. Or you played like one hour of 0.47.

But unplayable? No, actually not. Though its very frustrating at times, esp when the "you can't shoot/melee" bug happens, esp in the middle of a firefight.

Edited by Khanarac

Last update feels like 2 steps back with all the bugs most annoying NOT BEING ABLE TO FIRE YOUR WEAPON!!!

Edited by Calvin Candie

uhm, than drop it for some weeks. I had alot of fun in EXP for a Little while until realizing respawing Needs tweaking alot. Altho, finding NOTHING made for some nice banding up with others, looking for deers or pigs, than hunting them together ect, ect...loot scarcity seems to make People alot more friendly...

As for the other bugs...well ist a Alpha Version, restarting it here and there is Kind of normal. Had the "cant move, cant shoot" things at least 3-4 times in Stable and EXP.

Other than that, STABLE works fine as allways. ( minus the known and mentioned bugs ect ect... )

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

The only problem I have been having on stable is with Zeds.  They still seem to mostly ignore doors, can hit me while on a different floor than they are, their hit box doesn't appear to reflect their actually location and if you kill one it will respawn and instantly start running back towards you again.  I am all for Zeds being more of a threat but not because they are completely bugged :)

Most of these issues are known bugs that came over from experimental. I'd maybe have kept 0.47 off stable for another week, but I don't know how the dev team is running their releases. I think that these behaviors also reflect larger issues with the network architecture and several of the new systems, and they may need a larger body of testers producing metrics in order to debug the problem. Keep in mind our role here is to generate debug data so that the full release doesn't have these problems, Either way, the nice thing about a rapid development cycle is you can wait a week and get a new build.

Im having issues with my gun randomly being thrown also!!! extremely frustrating simply do to the fact that 80% of the time the gun disappears once it hits the grown and im out of my rifle.

I'll give it a bash.

On a side note, has anyone been able to play both Stable and Experimental servers, using only the Experimental build? I'm not sure if this is intended, but I have been able to do so.

This is your problem, you are playing Stable using build 0.48 instead of 0.47.

In Steam Library, right click DayZ, choose Properties, choose Beta - opt out of Beta and Steam will reload 0.47 for you, then Stable will run ok. All your problems come from this.

Then if you want to play on Experimental, opt back in and reload the experimental build.

In regards to hitting zeds I have found that 3rd person view is MUCH easier. 1st person or hardcore made me feel like an axe wielding chimpanzee on bath salts. Actually I would probably hit better if I were. =P

I've been having a great time this patch.

- Ragdoll makes killing bandits, fresh spawns, and zeds more interesting. Could use tweaking but still great fun.

- Zombies no longer traveling through walls to get me inside buildings. They actually have somewhat efficient pathfinding now.

- Zombies actually present some form of threat. Feels like I haven't been hit by zombies in ages, and this patch has already led me to be eaten by zombies many times.

- Loot tables seem great. Usually I find houses are always empty and never has useful loot, and now it's the opposite - I've been finding useful loot in all types of buildings. This is nice because there's actually a reason for me to scavenge larger cities now.

I have to avoid zombie towns otherwise id get too annoyed to play!

I have to avoid zombie towns otherwise id get too annoyed to play!

Then you're really gonna hate the game come release time.

Yep - I had issues with Frozen attack button and ghost zombie attacks.
Also drinking/eating items from the table (full inventory) - Just get the "Cancel action" text but nothing happens.

Also swapping items from floor to inventory, (e.g. rifle) the item i pick up swaps into my inventory but the one I had just disappears, (i.e. not on the ground)

All in all little bugs, bit frustrating at times but still not stopping me from having fun.

Didnt take long to re-adjust to the dance with Zed.
The ol'  One tap side step.

Then you're really gonna hate the game come release time.

so the fact they hit you when you can't even see them, or when they're on the bottom floor and you're on the second floor is all on intended behavior? also, they hit you even after you clearly melee/shoot them..........i can keep going.