Azzerrrr

NEW UPDATE: what the **** have they done?

What in God's name have they done to the new update? Melee is insanely...crap! And a zombie can now hit me whilst they are downstairs! What is the devs major issue with the zeds seriously?! Anybody else having these problems yet?

• Like 7

Ya. The melee system makes it impossible to kill zombies quitely.

The forums was spammed with people complaining about this yesterday, I guess you just missed it. :P Almost EVERYONE (aside from a few fanboys) are complaining about the zombie hit boxes and player movement.

• Like 2

inb4 DayZ defense squad

I feel like you're here rather to bitch, not provide constructive feedback for the game. 

I haven't played since the update, so ill have to test it a little bit today. I'll let you know what I think of it. 

Edited by AsOiX

I think it's time for a refresher

WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING.

• Like 3

I feel like you're here rather to bitch, not provide constructive feedback for the game. 

I haven't played since the update, so ill have to test it a little bit today. I'll let you know what I think of it. 

And who are you and why should anyone care what you think? :P

Anyway, yea its bad. I suspect that they had to release the update now, because it required some architecture changes because of lootrespawn. And probably the server providers couldn't find another date to do this, atleast sometime soon.

Edited by Khanarac
  • Like 1

Me or Grimey Rick?

WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING.

But it was a perfect system and then they f***d it up...why try fix something if it isn't already broke IE the old melee system.

• Like 2

alpha

it was a better alpha up until wednesday, is people's point.

• Like 1

I waver back and forth between the need to vent about issues like this and the sense that people need to relax a bit more. I think the "This is Alpha" card is entirely called for with anyone talking about ragequitting. I am currently feeling like the venting on this one should be allowed, but pooled and folded into a single posting merge. I needed to vent yesterday myself after a very frustrating session of being chased by unavoidable, unhittable zombies from the moment of spawn and getting stuck on a roof twice because they would track me strait to whichever side I was going down even without a line of sight and crawling to make minimal noise and shooting them just drew more over to replace them. I think people need to let it out a little when they lose hours of work to a broken code. Is this vented frustration constructive? Probably not to developers now. To the player though, it lets them let out a little of their pent up frustration and voice their thoughts to a few others who might agree and thus salve the wound. Maybe there should be a forum section exclusively for venting frustrations so that the rest of the sections and threads can be left to more constructive things while still allowing people a chance to get frustration off their chests. Are we frustrated with the zombies right now? Yes. Are we quitting? Not most of us. I think the average person complaining still knows that things will shift again in the next patch or two to balance better. It might include new imbalances, but we do realize they are trying to find a good balance and work out bugs.

You should play it before saying that than. It is quite bad and i do enjoy the game but this mechanic is the biggest that needs work at the moment. Or just a total revision on mechanics is needed.

The forums was spammed with people complaining about this yesterday, I guess you just missed it. :P Almost EVERYONE (aside from a few fanboys) are complaining about the zombie hit boxes and player movement.

Even people that love the game know there are issues with the game currently, I mean its not done ye-...

I don't have too much trouble with standing zombie, have you aim downwards quite a bit and be mindful of how the movement animations will twist your body. 300+ hours I guess I just kinda know how to adapt to the crazy zombies. :P Still learning with the crawler zombies though, usually have to hit them in the ass.

Edited by Hells High
  • Like 1

Yeah, its broke, we KNOW, and guess what THEY know..

please, cut them some 12 month slack, while they fix it!

Melee is insanely...crap!

Disagree. I like this "naive" physics. Not War of the Roses of course but better than it was.

And a zombie can now hit me whilst they are downstairs!

Haha. My injured char fell unconscious on exp yesterday definetely that way! :D

Yeah, its broke, we KNOW, and guess what THEY know..

please, cut them some 12 month slack, while they fix it!

I had lot's of fun during my ~500 hours of game and I still do

But pls, when zombies are broken from day 1 and all the exploits from mod were pretty much imported then you know that they not gonna fix it before 2018.

I had lot's of fun during my ~500 hours of game and I still do

But pls, when zombies are broken from day 1 and all the exploits from mod were pretty much imported then you know that they not gonna fix it before 2018.

Then come back at 2018

What in God's name have they done to the new update? Melee is insanely...crap! And a zombie can now hit me whilst they are downstairs! What is the devs major issue with the zeds seriously?! Anybody else having these problems yet?

im downloading it right now wanna test it now, and about hitting while they are downstairs or behind the wall its old shit. 

You gotta wonder what goes on in the developers' meetings before launching something like this, though.

"Hey, the current melee system, while unpolished, still works very well. Players are able to fend off zombies with relative ease provided they're accurate with their swings."

"Yeah, you're right. Let's implement a new melee system that, even when a player lands what would appear to be a successful hit on the zombie, rolls a random number from 1 to 10. If the number rolled is 2, 3, 5, 6, 7 or 9, have the player miss. In other words, let's break it."

"Sounds good. Starbucks for break?"

"Hell no. Why pay good money for Starbucks when we can drink gallons of tears on the official forums that we neglect in favor of Twitter and Reddit?"

"Dude, you're a Deanius."

Edited by Grimey Rick