Super_Duty

Experimental Branch: 0.48 Discussion

New Patch - New Life(s) 

So today I've played the new Experimental. My first 2 lifes were miserable.

The first ended falling from a crane in Svetlojarsk. (btw theres loot on top of them)

The second ended with a desync and 3 zombies hitting the air 10 meters away from me thus killing me.

3 is the charm so to say. Thats when I finally survived. Though it was a tough survival trip. I've had to rely on apples for a long time loosing nealy all my blood before I finally found an axe and food to regain healthy status. That was after 2 or 3 hours of playtime. Shortly after that I've arrived at the military base between vybor and kabanino.

This is the current method of lootcycling for me:

Find a new backpack (mountain backpacks are nice for this purpose) grab everything you don't need until its full. Find a Zed and with some luck you'll be able to access his inventory. Drop the backpack on the zed and begin from start.

You'll probably find another sparse backpack where you can store all the stuff you actually want to keep. Respawn is damn fast in this military base and even solo you'll be able to farm something usable. Also by getting rid of the trash with zombies you won't fill the server with junk items.

Additional Note: I really hope the devs will find a way to prevent such loot cycling. It's pretty darn stupid and breaks the game's purpose.

Veresnik/Vybor military base and Green Mountain are best places to farm loot because of their desolate locations not colliding with any cities/villages.

Something for you sinners, with a drive thru lane and plenty of parking to recant your dirty deeds...

u6o8P4z.jpg

• Like 3

Something for you sinners, with a drive thru lane and plenty of parking to recant your dirty deeds...

u6o8P4z.jpg

Dat hotbar super .... Nice graphics though , and I think I know where that is :)

u6o8P4z.jpg

Once I found a 1911, food and nota cola inside of one of theese. In my experience they are aways with the door closed, not so many people look for them, but they have sort of gud lut

• Like 1

I was forced to try regular while hardcore was down.

Basically I kept spawning around Olsha and Svetloyarsk with every door open. Couldn't find anything whether it was clothes, food or melee weapons.

Biggest problem was trying to deal with the chimp infected with no weapon, which after a while started to feel like a big fuck you.

I feel very much like the infected aggro ratio has been tweaked few steps up since the last patch.

I've never been chased by seven infected in the standalone before.

Fortunately the hardcore servers got back up and I was welcomed  by my old character surrounded by lootables in Cherno.

Fighting zombies in larger cities is getting frustrating and not in a good scary way. Melee is rough and combined with low frames in cities it's tough to maneuver and hit them, and shooting them with anything is pointless because they spawn and run for you immediately. It's annoying that you can be 10 feet behind them and they would never know but if you are 3 stories up 100 yards from them in a building they can spot you like an eagle. Probably used at least 10 rags and ruined 5 or 6 articles of clothing dealing with them in less than a half an hour playing in Elektro. It was fun being chased by a whole bunch at once though. I just wish they couldn't hit you from 10 feet away and make you bleed instantly.

Played today from Dolina to Staroye to Elektro and managed to find enough food to survive and reach healthy. Found a SKS under one of those blue generator looking things. Only managed to find a kids backpack before finding rope and a bag, no other backpacks seen. Been finding loot in the unpopular houses and under things in the more popular spots: i.e a shotgun under the beds in the police station. However most of the popular spots were completely empty or filled with useless loot like rotten food and 4 slot pants.

• Like 1

I see this often on experimental but not often on stable. I think it's largely because people actually want to find items and test them out for themselves without having to deal with the possibility of being murdered, lol. Also - there are way less players on 1PP servers in general and said players are often spread over several regions - thus leaving only a few per server much of the time. Most of em have been pretty full since yesterday's patch though.

Yep, why on earth would I get on an East Coast US, UK or Euro server?  I am in Hawaii for Chrissake, so I hit West Coast, Aus/NZ or Singapore.  So sue me.  My time is way off from most people, I can't help that.

u6o8P4z.jpg

Whenever I take something from one of these I always leave something of equal or greater value.  The one time I didn't I was back shot within five minutes.

Oh yeah, and Testify Brother!

Edited by Barnabus

It looks like the devs need to tweak the loot spawn system.  At the moment it looks like we still need server resets as the loot slowly goes over to the items that people don't want and that stops the items that people are after from coming into the game. Not a bad thing, but frustrating for players as once a place has been looted several times you won't find anything of vague interest there. The game could do with a loot de-spawn to remove unwonted items in the game to free up the loot tables.  And for things you want to keep you tag them so the system knows that they are permanent and not part of the loot table other wise I bet the system would remove them to lol.

On the plus side it has made people more friendly.  I haven't been killed yet on experimental for my items or as a threat to the other player although I bet that will change soon lol.

• Like 1

It looks like the devs need to tweak the loot spawn system.  At the moment it looks like we still need server resets as the loot slowly goes over to the items that people don't want and that stops the items that people are after from coming into the game. Not a bad thing, but frustrating for players as once a place has been looted several times you won't find anything of vague interest there. The game could do with a loot de-spawn to remove unwonted items in the game to free up the loot tables.  And for things you want to keep you tag them so the system knows that they are permanent and not part of the loot table other wise I bet the system would remove them to lol.

On the plus side it has made people more friendly.  I haven't been killed yet on experimental for my items or as a threat to the other player although I bet that will change soon lol.

On exp i have kactively seeked players in order to gain gear....looting the mil bases inbetween when all players in the area are dead is just an after thought....

No loot spawning = me hunt players for theirs 

so I ran for about 1 hours checking feed shacks for tents. so far i have found a lot of nothing. have tent spawns been modified in any way? (feed shacks, castles, and barns) Also, I its almost impossible to test on EXP but i have a hunch that items spawn faster on servers with more people.

They have apparently increased the radius of new spawning loot when you pick up existing loot to 2 kms. Which means that most feed shacks have suddenly come within the range of a lot of other loot spawns, which again means lesser chance of them spawning loot.

Current exp. is unplayable yes you mıght survive somehow eating apple ect. but its just boring. I was in novo I checked every building included upstairs I couldnot find anything usefull. Switching back stable sorry :(

• Like 1

I'll do better next time and pay attention to the hot bar. Graphics are set to Very High, GPU is a R290X.

Dat hotbar super .... Nice graphics though , and I think I know where that is :)

Current exp. is unplayable yes you mıght survive somehow eating apple ect. but its just boring. I was in novo I checked every building included upstairs I couldnot find anything usefull. Switching back stable sorry :(

That's why its EXP Alpha

I agree, you're lucky to find Badly Damaged clothing right now and maybe a crowbar, fire extinguisher or garden tool.  Seems like people are waiting for server restart to grab all the loot in the cities.  I find loot piles everywhere with nothing useful in them. 

I came to loot the Veresnik base shortly after a restart. All buildings were closed, but no loot spawned. Has anyone else had this problem before?

Actually it isn't really hard to stay alive, you can get easily 20-30 Berries in 2-3 minutes from bushes, you can drink unlimited water from ponds and wells and then you are fine for a while. But ofc it's boring doing that the whole play time.

Dunno if it's a bug/exploit that you can just spam the F-Button for berries, but if its intended then the berries should be limited per bush until next restart. Apples are fine its already harder to deal with apples because you get fast stuffed what means it's less easy to get energized.

I hope players will get soon sick if drinking from ponds without purification tabs. Dinking from Well should be hygienic.

So last night, I found loot inland on populated servers. This morning, two low count servers, three towns and nothing... I mean completely empty buildings that had nothing. Not even the usual five flashlights and ruined pants. It's like they turned off loot entirely from last night. Also, I played from 5pm until about 9:30 est and the server never restarted once. It got dark around sunset and it never came. If I was on regular I think I would have experienced about 4-5 restarts in that much play time.

So as a freshie with no backpack heading inland, I came across two guys (from Brazil). One guy had an SKS, I told them I was hungry and they gave me two apples and three cans of soda. They were very surprised I gave my medkit (- one bandage for me) to them but I needed the space for the food. I was happy they didn't shoot me or try to rob me. Faith in humanity restored (for now). I was able to get some decent civilian gear with an SKS and 60 rounds of ammo. No vest, no pistol, no fire axe yet but my pack is filled with food so even if the servers changed, I'm geared to survive for a little while. I did find a crossbox holo scope, I've never seen those before. I ended up equipping it on a crossbow I found for someone else to use. I was hoping to find a vest on my run by the base near Vybor but it was barren. I will venture south tonight, somewhere I never really go.

I was hoping I just hit the servers at a bad time but there was some kind of change because I noticed it said first person or third person now for mode. I had a really good time last night and am looking forward to some more action tonight, I hope they didn't make like a few days ago where you slowly starve to death because the maps were empty. I will be all set for a bit but roaming towns with nothing in them is boring. I could head east to help people but I'll probably end up dead. With loot being so sketchy, I think I will just explore. Never been to Zeno or Cherno.

Actually it isn't really hard to stay alive, you can get easily 20-30 Berries in 2-3 minutes from bushes, you can drink unlimited water from ponds and wells and then you are fine for a while. But ofc it's boring doing that the whole play time.

Dunno if it's a bug/exploit that you can just spam the F-Button for berries, but if its intended then the berries should be limited per bush until next restart. Apples are fine its already harder to deal with apples because you get fast stuffed what means it's less easy to get energized.

I hope players will get soon sick if drinking from ponds without purification tabs. Dinking from Well should be hygienic.

Did you ever find red berries I searching since so long and cant find one.

Edited by KingofTheWorld

I agree, you're lucky to find Badly Damaged clothing right now and maybe a crowbar, fire extinguisher or garden tool. Seems like people are waiting for server restart to grab all the loot in the cities. I find loot piles everywhere with nothing useful in them.

You start with a T-shirt, jeans and a flashlight. What's your definition of useful? Just about anything you find is going to be useful.

Also, it'd be great to see this berry exploit killed next exp patch.

Edited by Ebrim

You start with a T-shirt, jeans and a flashlight. What's your definition of useful? Just about anything you find is going to be useful.

I said firstplace usefull but I actually mean nothing there except badly damaged bandana, rotten apples and jeans on whole novo. İs it really enjoyable gaming exprience ?

• Like 1

I seem to have logged into the game stuck, maybe in the ground or I'm floating. cant tell, 3rd person doesn't show character and i cant turn my head. log out, log in. still stuck. SOMEONE HELP!

I agree, you're lucky to find Badly Damaged clothing right now and maybe a crowbar, fire extinguisher or garden tool. Seems like people are waiting for server restart to grab all the loot in the cities. I find loot piles everywhere with nothing useful in them.

Pretty sure loot doesn't repopulate with restart (unless they changed it). I have never had such bad luck with loot as everyone talks about. If anything, I still think there's too much food. Haven't had the need to pick berries, hunt, or fish yet. Where have you been looting?

One thing that seems too damn rare are ropes! Spent hours trying to find one. Knives have been a bitch for me to find now too, especially since the bayonets no longer seem to work for skinning.

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 1

Did you ever find red berries I searching since so long and cant find one.

Here you can see very good the differences between blue berry bushes and red berry bushes:

You need to search the brown/orange look like bushes for red berries. There are also some different brown/orange bushes which dont have any berries, but with some practice you will recognize the right bushes.  

I came to loot the Veresnik base shortly after a restart. All buildings were closed, but no loot spawned. Has anyone else had this problem before?

I agree, you're lucky to find Badly Damaged clothing right now and maybe a crowbar, fire extinguisher or garden tool.  Seems like people are waiting for server restart to grab all the loot in the cities.  I find loot piles everywhere with nothing useful in them. 

Guys there is no respawn at server-restart anymore. With real-time respawn working there is no need for that.

Also about veresnik base: Closed doors dont say anything. When I am lootclycing there I close all doors behind me every time. Closed doors are no sign for unlooted places in my opinion. Especially with the new spawnsystem, server restarts close all doors yes, but that dosn't mean something new spawned at all.

Interesting Note: I dropped some backpacks full of junk for a test about 12 hours ago on a server. Checked them now again, some stuff in those backpacks vanished, either someone found it or whats more likely those items in the container degraded and vanished over time. 

Edited by Ellen Ripley