Super_Duty

Experimental Branch: 0.48 Discussion

Item persistence seems to be a thing now. Flashlights...everywhere...

• Like 1

i have a question.

should i get the experimental patch or remain with the stable? just wondering cos you cant play the stable when you have the experimental can you?

230 mb, if you have a decent connection there is no trouble in switching back and forth, I do it all the time.

Anyone else felt the recoil on the water bottle?   I filled one up at both a standing pond and a town well and after it was done filling it knocked me down.  Scared the hell out of me first time it happened

My mate had that, might need a report, so if this is happening to other "testers" would someone be so kind as to make a report or check to see if one has not been submitted already.

Thanks.

No loot spawning in sheds, blue caravans, wooden houses and those houses with outside stairs again, hmmm, not happy about that, unless I'm wrong and just unlucky.

i spawned just outside of Polana on a UK server and it was practicaly empty. no players and but 1 zombie.

hmm strange i may have to test by hoping to one of the singapore server as with both the last to patches on that server i have found tons of zeds ( well more than a handfull i would guess that respawn real quick after i kill them ) always in polana with normal amounts in all the other places i went to ...

Can anyone confirm this? I do not think that this is fixed

http://www.dayztv.com/pic/dayz-0-48-view-thru-walls-fixed/

Would be an awesome fix, my only reservation is that as shitty as looking through walls is, it's the only way to tell if some asshole is inside the walls.

I suppose it's worth the sacrifice however, as it is a glitch in itself and is abused very hard by a ton of players for more nefarious deeds, probably more than those who glitch into walls any ways.

Hopefully they can fix players glitching into walls next.  If they can do that, and fix duping, we'll have the bulk of the glitching cheats fixed and it will be down to legitimate hacks.

don't recall this being so in last exp but you can put items that arent food in the cooking pot now.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/566644437555237096/F1E0DEAB7EA8B55782BA7B1D3910C4A479F1A608/

edit: hmm apparently only when you don't have any other slots left and you pick it up with the action menu it puts it in there.

It's probably the same bug as this:

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=8003

Report it in the feedback tracker and I'll relate it to that one.

Melee combat feels greatly improved.

This is the first time the actual blow of an attack and the hit effect seem to be in synch.

Also swinging a weapon feels more responsive and fluid.

I only had some sparring with 2 zombies though... so I might be mistaken.

• Like 1

sry for repost but could someone add this to the bugtracker please?

it's been confirmed multiple times...

i'm on mobile and can not add it atm

you guys still able to lean while crouched?

(pressing q/e while crouched)

this retard now always thinks he's supposed to stand up and then lean.  > :(

stay crouched ffs...and lean....like you always used to do! dammit.  /rantover

tried relogging, checked the keybindings...nada...niet....nuthin i can do about it.

<_<

Why is it so damn hard for the devs to bring us a changelog for experimental?

We want to know what we're gonna test for them, not just casually play and then maybe find something new

We want to know what we're gonna test for them, not just casually play and then maybe find something new

There are closed alpha experimental testers that know what to test. They test experimental patch before it is pushed to experimental branch.

You are here to casually play and maybe find something.

• Like 1

We arent here to test the new features but to test the performance. If you want to see whats new you can always check the wiki or dayztv
  • Like 1

We arent here to test the new features but to test the performance. If you want to see whats new you can always check the wiki or dayztv

Oh well, damn me

Exactly.

There is group of testers that test experimental patch before it gets on the experimental branch.

Rest of the people on experimental is for accidentally finding something when casually playing and to see the performance of the server.

Confirmed and reported.  This also occurs with the canteen, appears that you go prone after drinking.

Anyone else felt the recoil on the water bottle?   I filled one up at both a standing pond and a town well and after it was done filling it knocked me down.  Scared the hell out of me first time it happened

Performance on .48 seems a lot better than .47, No more stuttering for me, Also zombies are easier to hit, But something is wrong with the animations, I fell off a roof drinking some soda

Performance on .48 seems a lot better than .47, No more stuttering for me, Also zombies are easier to hit, But something is wrong with the animations, I fell off a roof drinking some soda

What were you doing on a roof? This is suicide.

• Like 3

Regarding to a recent post (can't find it right now) from Hicks, he said we're not for testingpurpose on the experimental.

We're on exp to have a sneak peek on upcoming stuff and stressing the server so we can mine important data for them.

But yeh, it's desired if we find any bugs on exp to submit them thru bugtrackR.

Edited by Guest

I have mixed feelings on this.  There is always cause and effect in software development, that and there is great variability in the hardware people are running meaning that internal testing can only get you so far.  This is of course unless you have a small army of testers, in the case of Experimental, we're the mega army of testers.  There are just too many variables and scenarios involved to develop test cases for every combination.

Having a change log would be nice, however the Devs. in many cases are trying out concepts.  If said concept is removed for technical, functional or game balance reasons there's potential community backlash. Although I suppose that can happen anyways, but I suspect to a lesser degree if you leave it unpublished. 

Exactly.

There is group of testers that test experimental patch before it gets on the experimental branch.

Rest of the people on experimental is for accidentally finding something when casually playing and to see the performance of the server.

I fell off a roof in the last 0.47 update.  I went up the scaffolding that you see on sides of buildings from time to time and thought, hey, I can get on the roof.  Only to find that when I step on the roof I slowly started to slide towards the edge.  Last thing I saw was "you are dead"... So yeah, one of those little lessons learned, the hard way.

What were you doing on a roof? This is suicide.

On 0.47 I´ve had some really nice goodies spawned in the deer stands.

0.48 so far I wasn´t able to get anything off of said deer stands, what about you?

Bad luck or are spawns disabled/broken in this build?

Edited by Buddy cASSino

0.48 so far I wasn´t able to get anything off of said deer stands, what about you?

Bad luck or are spawns disabled/broken in this build?

checked like 15 of them, no loot inside.

Why can we only put one fishing hook in the boonie hat?

That is my experience, I have one there now.  Maybe at some point we will have a variety of lures that we can decorate our boonies with.

Why can we only put one fishing hook in the boonie hat?