Super_Duty

Experimental Branch: 0.48 Discussion

YES!! You can swing your axe while sprinting :) Just raise the axe (space button) and push immediately left mouse button. Finally huntig animals isn't pain in the ass any longer. And its a real threat in pvp now. 

Edit: when you start to swing while sprinting you can even stop or run backwards, it's not like when you change weapon (get forced to run forward)

But meat still get burned in cooking pot... I was so disappointed...  no one reported this bug yet?  

Edited by Sharplooter

YES!! You can swing your axe while sprinting :) Just raise the axe (space button) and push immediately left mouse button. Finally huntig animals isn't pain in the ass any longer. And its a real threat in pvp now. 

Edit: when you start to swing while sprinting you can even stop or run backwards, it's not like when you change weapon (get forced to run forward)

But meat still get burned in cooking pot... I was so disappointed...  no one reported this bug yet?  

Happens in 0.47 too.

Anyone else felt the recoil on the water bottle?   I filled one up at both a standing pond and a town well and after it was done filling it knocked me down.  Scared the hell out of me first time it happened

• Like 3

I have killed the Bear today!

Anyone else felt the recoil on the water bottle?   I filled one up at both a standing pond and a town well and after it was done filling it knocked me down.  Scared the hell out of me first time it happened

Ha, it happened to me after drinking a full canteen. I was thinking all; that must be some bad ass water, knocked me off my feet. Who knows, maybe someone filled the canteen with Vodka or something.

• Like 2

As always, Pictures or it didn't happen ;)

• Like 2

And then you woke up?

• Like 1

Well there was that guy with name Bear, so... :)

Stop with the bear jokes cuz I will be all telling when I log onto experimental tonight ... Don't tell me lies me neh zzz

Melee is pretty horrible. Died three times now because 50% of my hits miss the zombies, no matter if it's fists or something else.

Aiming at the head (fists) at 0 distance = miss.

Melee still is quite hit and miss, so to speak, but I haven't had the LMB bug for a while now, so that's cool. Starting as a fresh spawn, it really upped the ante quite a bit. Has anyone checked if the zeds still go through closed doors?

Melee still is quite hit and miss, so to speak, but I haven't had the LMB bug for a while now, so that's cool. Starting as a fresh spawn, it really upped the ante quite a bit. Has anyone checked if the zeds still go through closed doors?

They go through any door which is not very level with the ground. So like prisons which have stairs they follow u in 

Even had one following me through a closed wall... ;)

anyone have any confirmation on loot respawns working at all?

I just reconnected to my server after a restart and nothing had respawned in Vybor base. It appears to have been looted awhile ago. Server restarts every 4 hours 

Same here, joined a couple of servers, on at least half of them loot was nowhere to be found, even if they had restarted a couple of minutes ago and they had 5-6 players tops.

Wow zombies are actually starting to be fun now, I was sniping and a saw a newspawn get trapped in a building by 5 zombies so I sniped them, then 5 more zombies heard my shots and followed me to the third floor of a building. But then I fell off the roof because movement is still clunky. =P

There's no experimental servers up :( and for some reason I'm in .48 but can join .47 stable servers ...?

anyone have any confirmation on loot respawns working at all?

I tested lootrespawn and it worked, the problem now is, it seems as long as loot is in the area no new loot spawns. Edited by Guest

There's no experimental servers up :( and for some reason I'm in .48 but can join .47 stable servers ...?

With the .48 your able to join stable too, this patch seems downward compatible.

I have no problems finding like 20 servers for exp, u might wanna set filter for ping to 0.

I was just in the Kamy Police station, and there were 4 Backacks neatly on a table, on the next floor up about 8 cans of food, all neatly stacked on a table... I was like Yeah, Baby!

Now, did someone do this or is that just a new way things spawn?

I was just in the Kamy Police station, and there were 4 Backacks neatly on a table, on the next floor up about 8 cans of food, all neatly stacked on a table... I was like Yeah, Baby!

Now, did someone do this or is that just a new way things spawn?

I think that's the dynamic loot spawn? Or maybe I read that wrong lol .... But thanks honkx I'll set it to 0 tomorrow and check again, I got lost in the woods on my stable character so I gave up for the night..

Anyone find anything new with .48 ?

i have a question.

should i get the experimental patch or remain with the stable? just wondering cos you cant play the stable when you have the experimental can you?

Edited by Helix2000

I tested lootrespawn and it worked, the problem now is, it seems as long as loot is in the area no new loot spawns.

i agree loot respawn is working now I saw it for myself. 

Was rather happy to watch a AKM appear in front of me in a prison someone had already looted!

however not sure if it has anything to do with removing all loot or not. I tried that and the room just stayed empty. I think they must have a longer timer/more complicated system in place which is harder to abuse and makes me happy.

I was still able to find loot but man running into a lot of people.

Quote: "I think they must have a longer timer/more complicated system in place which is harder to abuse and makes me happy."

That's the part I don't get - if they at some point want to actually make us server hop (Global loot spawn or whatever it's called), why even a timer? Or a timer longer than 30 seconds to prevent ghosting, that is. Sorry if that's off topic, that question just popped into my mind...

Edited by Demonica

Quote: "I think they must have a longer timer/more complicated system in place which is harder to abuse and makes me happy."

That's the part I don't get - if they at some point want to actually make us server hop (Global loot spawn or whatever it's called), why even a timer? Or a timer longer than 30 seconds to prevent ghosting, that is. Sorry if that's off topic, that question just popped into my mind...

um i mean for in game when loot respawns not server hopping timers...