Sign in to follow this  
HeroAtDay BanditAtNight

Have you ever given guns and ammo to freshspawns?

I gave a fresh spawn my mp5 with a 30rd mag. I had my AKM and a 45. The mp5 was just taking up space and he was nice.

no.  I was a fresh spawn that killed a bambi.  Then shortly after I looted the bambi I gave everything I had to another player, who was a fresh spawn.

I just waited till said bambi had to reload, then with nothing to lose, I charged and punched him.  I don't get it. It's not hard.

LOL i dont think you understand the terminology a bambi IS A FRESHSPAWN. They got this name during the mod because there was no melee punching so a freshspawn was helpless and easy to kill for a geared played, just like killing a baby dear hence the name BAMBI.

I give guns to fresh spawns all the time. I find it can be a good test if i give them a single chambered pistol in there haste they think its fully loaded and if there of the mind they will shoot and you can usually survive a single shot ( doesnt always work has bitten me in the arse a few times lol)

Edited by SoulFirez

Some guy gave me a blaze with some ammo one time. He followed me around and helped me out with some stuff, then as he was running off to log in the woods I blasted him in the back.

Trust no one, my sweet, summer children.

• Like 1

The most I would give to a Bambi / Freshie is a pistol with one chambered round

I would NEVER give an unknown player a fully loaded rifle unless I wanted to die

I regularly patch clothing and give bandages, food or drink to those players that I meet randomly B)

You wanted that to happen all along, though, didn't you? Admit it.

No, not at all. We gave him one bullet because we didn't want to risk our lives. We usually do not give anything to people who are not from the same country as us, simply because most people cannot be trusted.

Yesterday I gave my cr45,ammo and a can opener to a new spawn, I didn't have a mag for the pistol tho., but life isnt easy yo!

I've scattered M4s and mags around Solnichniy when it was a hotspot after being burned too many times whilst helping new spawns. Sit in the trees and watch the fireworks. :P

I have ungeared my character to new people without issue, though that was long ago and now I'd expect to die instantly in doing so.

• Like 1

once gave a guy a mosin me and my mate met up with in elektro told him we were murdering people he said cool ill join in :lol:

was great fun slaughtering people that night and the new player killed plenty aswell.

LOL i dont think you understand the terminology a bambi IS A FRESHSPAWN. They got this name during the mod because there was no melee punching so a freshspawn was helpless and easy to kill for a geared played, just like killing a baby dear hence the name BAMBI.

Oh, I understand.  This isn't the mod and things are different, huh.

Fawn > Bambi > Buck

Newspawn > partially geared > kitted out

I'm updating the terminology.  <_<  <_<

if i do give someone a gun, if it is a pistol, i will give them the gun, and a clip, but no ammo. if i hear them loading bullets, i know to get my gun out and keep an eye on them...

same as "hells high"  i reckon. not payed in a while, just getting back into it after replaying the mod. but i liked ferrying in guns and ammo at spawn areas just to see what happens when a group of new spawns stumble across them and greed takes them over. obvs when watched from a distance.

I'd have to pal around with someone for a while before giving them anything they could use to kill me. Just the other day I was kind enough to help a newspawn by opening a tin for him. Luckily I was cautious and made him back off a few metres before I did, because as soon as I opened my inventory screen he decided to try cave my head in with a fire extinguisher. Thankfully bullets are faster than swinging a fire extinguisher. I did feel a little guilty killing the guy tagging along with him though, as soon as the guy rushed me his buddy ran off shouting "no no no no" into his mic...hopefully he'll be more careful who he teams up with next time

Not in the standalone

Depends on the situation. Handing an unarmed survivor a loaded magnum or even a splitting axe can be a game changer in a tight spot. Ever heard the expression, " the enemy of my enemy is my friend?" It's a good mentality to hold when considering something like this.

Giving an under geared player a shortcut through an hour-plus of looting is dangerous when they have nothing to lose. However, when the situation is dire enough that their survival is not guaranteed should you die, they are less likely to turn your own gun on you; especially if you make it clear that you want to get them into the firefight.

For example, you are greeting a low-geared survivor, and after a short time are ambushed by a larger force/superior firepower. Simply saying, "Go fuck 'em up, dude. I've got your back" can be enough to focus their bloodlust in a mutually beneficial direction. It also helps to be pointing a rifle in their face while they arm themselves.

As always, no matter how much you think you have someone's intentions figured out, they are still a wildcard. Never stop watching your back.

On the other hand, bumping into a bored and simultaneously anxious stranger in a small town and handing him a means to violently interact with his environment is highly ill advised. The lack of attention-span or social skills possessed by your average survivor cannot be underestimated.

Edit: grammar

Edited by Dagwood

I personally think that whether or not someone turns on you and your kindness all depends on how you act toward them.

I usually tend to treat anyone I meet in game that I interact with as just another person, and act on the level.

Think i've only been betrayed once or twice.

Yes. I give ammo to everyone I meet. I pass the ammo to them express shipping via AKM. 

• Like 1

I armed a bambi this morning. Fought side by side for 10 mins or so. Ended up killing me but we managed to trust each other for a little while shooting up zeds. Certainly made for a tense and engaging time.