DemonGroover

Stable - 0.47 Discussion

People moaning about the game being unplayable, and I'm just over here playing the game just fine.

Good for you. Asked some bandits to kindly let me log out since i could not return fire after being shot at. Mostly as a joke since that's a fat chance of happening. Needless to say i got f***** up.

One more issue I am having - how is someone without a weapon supposed to kill a "crawling"-style zombie (the new type introduced in 0.47)?

You cannot punch them since they stay too low and you cannot dodge them either.

Actually you are not supposed to attack zombies if you don't have weapons. Just run away.

shot a video of the player tracking issues I was getting it this revision, it got pretty hilarious by the end of it

Edited by commanderbash

Has anyone else noticed a significant FPS drop after playing for about 45-60 minutes? It's almost as though the memory leak has returned in this update. Not sure why I'm experiencing this, but it becomes almost unplayable and I have to try to make my way out of town and logout somewhere safe, then rejoin or join a new server.

Has anyone else noticed a significant FPS drop after playing for about 45-60 minutes? It's almost as though the memory leak has returned in this update. Not sure why I'm experiencing this, but it becomes almost unplayable and I have to try to make my way out of town and logout somewhere safe, then rejoin or join a new server.

it happen to me but its not a big issue i just have to reboot my pc and its done

ok ... its just when the the update came out I took some items out of a building and waiting but the items never "respawned".

It takes time longer than an hour or so it is not something that guarantees the loot will respawn. It's dynamic so I think that means it is random and any where anytime not just where loot once was I could be wrong.

People moaning about the game being unplayable, and I'm just over here playing the game just fine.

Hahaha. For all the issues there are, I've found a way to deal with almost every single one of them. I even played 0.48 (which is even more of a challenge right now, by the way) and both versions are fun to play right now. I'm still enjoying the game just like I always have and doing my thing.

• Like 1

Every session i play my game tends to permamently freeze and the only solution is to ctrl+alt+delete. Didnt happen in previous stable.

Hahaha. For all the issues there are, I've found a way to deal with almost every single one of them. I even played 0.48 (which is even more of a challenge right now, by the way) and both versions are fun to play right now. I'm still enjoying the game just like I always have and doing my thing.

What do you mean you even played 0.48?

Has anyone found CR75 in 0.47?

Yeah, it shares its spawn points with things like the 22 sporter, mosin, sks, Toz and Blaze rifles. So basically any Civillian weapon spawn. However the magazines can only be found in military loot places. UAZ jeeps are your best bet outside of military buildings.

• Like 1

Yeah, it shares its spawn points with things like the 22 sporter, mosin, sks, Toz and Blaze rifles. So basically any Civillian weapon spawn. However the magazines can only be found in military loot places. UAZ jeeps are your best bet outside of military buildings.

Oh so its now changed to a civillian spawn only? No wonder I couldn't find it in tents/camos/barracks anymore.

Cheers, ColdAvoral for the info and have a lovely Sunday.

Edited by zyad

Is the loot bugged at NWAF? All the tents with a wooden floor aren't spawning anything at all, went to multiple servers to check. The tents with a dirt floor still spawn things fine.

Is the loot bugged at NWAF? All the tents with a wooden floor aren't spawning anything at all, went to multiple servers to check. The tents with a dirt floor still spawn things fine.

Been like that since last patch.

I really don't see the point in the CR, why can't they just have magazines for things spawn in non military areas?

What do you mean you even played 0.48?

I only said that because we're in the 0.47 stable discussion thread.

the constant crashing has made this patch unplayable for me.

I'm hoping the hotfix may include a fix related to this (seemingly) common glitch, (supposedly) copied over from .45.....

if they were trying to make the zombies extremely annoying and over powered - mission accomplished....have to go to a zombie free town to be able to play. they hit you while they're not in sight or on the first floor when you're on the second, 20ft behind you, make you bleed by one hit, much harder to melee, you shoot em and they bring their whole family after you etc etc

• Like 3

Ok we needed more zombies I know but this is taking the '#'#'# went to zelengorsk from went down main street from top to bottom of the town and had well over 100 zombies attack, used all of my AKM ammo and had to resort to a pistol in the end. Switched to make a new hardcore char, zombies spawn on top of each other while fighting, I found a creeper, attacked him and pulled him back a bit from where he was stood then mid fight two more pop on the point where he had been and attack also. It is sooo hard to do anything with a new character as melee is so broken atm.

Forget persistent loot, get the basics working first, forget adding more weapons, get melee fixed, get zombie behaviour fixed then add the polish.

Edited by Durzos
  • Like 2

Ok we needed more zombies I know but this is taking the '#'#'# went to zelengorsk from went down main street from top to bottom of the town and had well over 100 zombies attack, used all of my AKM ammo and had to resort to a pistol in the end. Switched to make a new hardcore char, zombies spawn on top of each other while fighting, I found a creeper, attacked him and pulled him back a bit from where he was stood then mid fight two more pop on the point where he had been and attack also. It is sooo hard to do anything with a new character as melee is so broken atm.

Forget persistent loot, get the basics working first, forget adding more weapons, get melee fixed, get zombie behaviour fixed then add the polish.

This is true.

Also while doing any action, the animation is so broken that my character goes prone, gets handcuffed, gets up and runs a little.

Really, I know it's alpha, I've kept my mouth shut concerning all other "normal" bugs, but seriously, commiting such untested crap as the animation fail onto a stable branch shows the lack of proffesionality in a software project.

alpha is about bring things into it, beta is about fixing those things.

alpha is about bring things into it, beta is about fixing those things.

But when it's something people paid for, at least try have it playable.

Yeah as said above I'm finding zombies way too annoying, I'm not having issues with them attacking me from far away somehow but the fucking bleeding, like every hit and I can feel blood dripping.

I went through like 2 whole bandages within half an hour or so.

I really hope they develop zombie combat a lot more in future, like if you kid them with an axe they stagger back instead of standing around swinging their arms until you get enough hits to kill, there's just no way to fight them without abusing the AI but what do they plan to do in future?

I want it to be scary and difficult, but to actually have a chance instead of every fight basically meaning you definitely start bleeding.

But when it's something people paid for, at least try have it playable.

yes, at the end, but there is no guarantee for it during the development process,

there are some features which are going well and some features which are recently implemented just for the implemention itself, the finetuning will come in beta phase.

if the finetuning is not coming, if (i do't think so), but, if the finetuning is not coming, even not after final, then the game is just a bad game, thats all, more you can not do.

for me bohemia had played with its reliability and i think they do not get any money in future for early access from me, but thats all i can do.

but i think they will make it right and i am looking forward for every single update. :)

Yeah the common thread seems to be too many zombies or overpowered zombies. I can deal with a lot of strong zombies, I won't complain about that. What sucks are the invisible and silent zombies. I don't mind stronger zombies but it would be nice if they died when you first shot them.

In a recent trip to NWA, I came from the east and before I hit the 4th hangar I counted 11 zombie attacks. 5 of which were the silent ones that only make no noise when you are in your inventory until they hit you. The crawlers still hit you even after they are shot dead, that's fun. And I experienced my first invisible one at the ATC tower who ruined half my gear and almost fractured my leg through the floor before he made a sound. I thought I was being sniped.

I rarely go to the NWA but when I do I am usually able to gear up pretty good. This trip cost me all my 5.56 ammo, a morphine and I left with a ruined high capacity vest. I lost my one drum mag on a panic reload fighting off three zeds at once near the tents. It's not even worth the trip. It's easier to evade the zombies in the towns.

They are certainly changing the way we have to play this game and I don't know if I like all of it. I don't mind figuring stuff out but after 100+ hours I shouldn't still feel like a noob.