DemonGroover

Stable - 0.47 Discussion

Ok I don't know what the fuck was going on there...

I was wandering around lost and ended up at that airfield by the coast, none of my weapons were working at all wtf bug is this? Couldn't swing an axe or shoot a gun, tried dropping them and picking them up(but not relogging just put it off now can't be bothered)

4 dudes found me and for some strange reason didn't shoot me...but like one dude walked right past me when my hand was up, as if I wasn't there...I suppose perhaps he thought I was in his group but he didn't remotely look at me.

This was at the jail building, I ran under the bit outside where they all appeared, one took an axe out but didn't do anything, so I ran away a full 2 hangers distance...

"You are unconscious" along with a hit, like I got hit by an axe.

It was like it lagged horrendously, I got hit finally after running away then woke up while they were looking for me.

Decided I'd just log out in a nearby building to save them killing me when I literally couldn't do shit to them with my AKM >.>

Pretty bullshit bug happened to anyone else?

I was looking for someone to kill to since I haven't killed anyone in many hours, kind of hard when your gun(which was definitely loaded) won't fire.

I'm not sure but you might just have found a bug that developers, people on this forum, people on twitter etc have been talking about for about a week!

I'm not sure but you might just have found a bug that developers, people on this forum, people on twitter etc have been talking about for about a week!

So it's new then? Not played in a good few weeks.

Does it just happen to everyone at once or what? Those dudes obviously wanted to kill me and didn't even shoot me while I ran away even though there was a clear shot, easily.

Makes no sense unless they were in the same boat.

what is Dynamic Loot Respawning?

Its...dynamic...loot respawning...it is loot that respawns dynamically...just busting your balls mate. 

Seriously now though it is respawning random loot that happens while server is running & no need to restart the server to respawn said loot. That does not mean that restarts wont and don't happen and wont and don't respawn loot but that now servers can go longer before restarts in order to refresh loot. What its means now also is that if that door is open and someones gone through the house already. The loot inside might have respawned even if it was cleaned out previously & you should check it out to make sure.

Its...dynamic...loot respawning...it is loot that respawns dynamically...just busting your balls mate. 

Seriously now though it is respawning random loot that happens while server is running & no need to restart the server to respawn said loot. That does not mean that restarts wont and don't happen and wont and don't respawn loot but that now servers can go longer before restarts in order to refresh loot. What its means now also is that if that door is open and someones gone through the house already. The loot inside might have respawned even if it was cleaned out previously & you should check it out to make sure.

ok ... its just when the the update came out I took some items out of a building and waiting but the items never "respawned".

Me and a mate just had our first proper go on this patch.  I find this patch unplayable for pvp.  in cherno, 2 of us with at least 3 in another group.  We could see them but just couldn't get a shot because zombies were constantly  spawning around us.  Seemed funny at first but after we shot 40 zeds again and again the other team surrounded us and we were dead.  Yes have plenty of zeds but they shouldn't be constantly spawning and running at you again and again like that.  Will be nice once the life cycle with zeds is simple where if u clear and area it stays clear.  Have to see what the next stable brings.

Anyone figure out a workaround for the Prim Mouse bug? Having to log out after every 6 or so clicks is pretty game breaking...

Anyone figure out a workaround for the Prim Mouse bug? Having to log out after every 6 or so clicks is pretty game breaking...

This for me too.. the game is unplayable for me because of it

I like it that these guys (DayZ devs) are at least trying.Their success may give AAA studios an incentive to experiment on new games rather than flooding the market with new "CoD's" every f@#$ year.

Yes,things don't work properly,but progress is HUGE.I play DayZ since 0.43 or something and I have to say that after 0.45 I have enjoyed the game almost as Rust(spent like 330 hours in Rust,run my own server etc)

And I just love that they try to stay on the roadmap,and they try to fix a broken engine(RV) and maybe make a game so addictive that will last for ages.

Good job DayZ devs,we may rage against you when we discover new bugs but you guys rock

After 0.47 update game crash every 3 min. ''DayZ program stop worked'' and i must close game...Game is unplayable for me now...wait for help...

Anyone getting a few random noises? Like bullet stacking, drinking, zombie noises.

Anyone else having trouble with that stupid mosing sway that was in a few patches ago. I cannot get my scope to stay still for even a fraction of a second, lying prone for 10 minutes and it's still moving about.

This. Mosin is useless.

any one found a CR527+ mags yet? if so, where?

I found the gun in Police Stations and Piano Houses. Magazines only in the prison building.

I like it that these guys (DayZ devs) are at least trying.Their success may give AAA studios an incentive to experiment on new games rather than flooding the market with new "CoD's" every f@#$ year.

I just googled what triple A means below.  In terms of COD I'll give it the first and third A, but its not innovative lol.

One "A" is given to games that are considered to be successful (critics or reviewers give it a perfect, or almost perfect score), another "A" is used when a game brings "innovative Gameplay" (a gaming characteristic so unique that differentiate the game from all the rest), and finally, the last "A" defines "Financial Success"

Actually Dayz would probably qualify more but the games needs an official final release first.

Sorry, drifted off topic there..

Edited by MONKAYPOO0

Castle spawns are broken at the moment , although people have said that tents can be found at castles they cannot (yet) I found my tent a few hundred meters north of devils castle (if you look on the map it's at the first dead end road above devils castle and there is a hunting shack at that dead end , found my tent in one trip to this shack and set up my camp right at the castle :D).

Road in the front of Devils Castle Gate?

http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplus#7.071.040

I found the gun in Police Stations and Piano Houses. Magazines only in the prison building.

Found a CZ in white long barn. And yes mags are mostly found in prison and sometimes if you are lucky in military tents.

One more issue I am having - how is someone without a weapon supposed to kill a "crawling"-style zombie (the new type introduced in 0.47)?

You cannot punch them since they stay too low and you cannot dodge them either.

Is this the bug where you can't shoot or anything? Pretty annoying I'm just going to avoid the game until it's hotfixed I think 4, although on the bright side 4 dudes couldn't kill me since they couldn't attack either...

It kinda sucks since zombies can still attack you too >.>

I'm failing to see the point in the new CR rifle...

It needs a mag and can't have LRS whereas the Mosin has it's on mag and can have LRS...like...why bother with the new gun? If it was semi auto and powerful perhaps but the Mosin is way better.

Although it's good for me since I've hoarded ammo for my AKM.

Which also seems to spawn a lot more in a couple of hours gameplay I must have found like 20 boxes of it between a few towns/barracks.

Road in the front of Devils Castle Gate?

http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplus#7.071.040

http://imgur.com/aO9T5XU

This seems to be a slightly outdated map cuz it doesnt show the road i'm referring to , but theres a road directly in the middle of the red circle, its a dead end dirt road that points south - west ( find a map in game and you will see the road ) ... i found two tents there in the hunting shack at the end of the road on two different servers , it seems to be a great spot because theres also another shack right down the road from it... and if you cant make out where this is in my cropped map, its a few hundred yards north ,north-east of devils castle but if you reach that huge complex of roads and bridges you've gone too far .. youll know what i mean if you reach it lol most boring part of the map.

• Like 1

why does it say 0.48xxx when i look at top right corner of stable version? thought it's still 0.47

what did i miss?

http://imgur.com/aO9T5XU

This seems to be a slightly outdated map cuz it doesnt show the road i'm referring to , but theres a road directly in the middle of the red circle, its a dead end dirt road that points south - west ( find a map in game and you will see the road ) ... i found two tents there in the hunting shack at the end of the road on two different servers , it seems to be a great spot because theres also another shack right down the road from it... and if you cant make out where this is in my cropped map, its a few hundred yards north ,north-east of devils castle but if you reach that huge complex of roads and bridges you've gone too far .. youll know what i mean if you reach it lol most boring part of the map.

Thanks, going to check road. :)

Was walking down the road (only one on server) I pull out my gun and my leg is painful and I am dead, lmao screw this game

Was walking down the road (only one on server) I pull out my gun and my leg is painful and I am dead, lmao screw this game

It happens mate. I think I've died on ladders or with a mystery broken leg more times than I have from players in game. But I still effing love it!!!!

"Player can in rare circumstances enter a state in which they cannot attack and must relog"

AhahhaAHhahahhah oh changelog, your really funny you know.

This happens like every time, its pretty unplayable for me. On experimental it is better I belive, It didn't happened there once (2 days playing so far)

People moaning about the game being unplayable, and I'm just over here playing the game just fine.

• Like 2